PDA

View Full Version : Disabled child?

gilly
09-05-2003, 13:28
A friend is going to Orlando next week and she has a downs syndrom child, can anyone tell me if there is a special queue for disabled and does she need a pass or certificate, if so where do you get this?

Also, can they use their disabled car badge in U.S.?:D

florida4sun
09-05-2003, 16:57
Hello,
there are no longer any special access areas for the disabled. You can get a 'front of the line pass' if you have a party member who is terminally ill.
All ride queues are now accessible, which the exception of only a couple and the party would be directed as to where to go.
They do honor the orange badges but be warned that the wheelchoar parkng ofetn involves a long walk to the gates. If the disabled person can walk it is much quicker to park in regular parking (disabled parking is for wheelchair users).

quote:Originally posted by gilly

A friend is going to Orlando next week and she has a downs syndrom child, can anyone tell me if there is a special queue for disabled and does she need a pass or certificate, if so where do you get this?

Also, can they use their disabled car badge in U.S.?:D

athurstance
10-05-2003, 11:50
When you get to the person directing you for parking show them your badge and ask to park at the end of the row nearest the tram. My Dad did this - he has bad knees but can walk - just very slowly. They were very helpful and we noticed they always cone off the last parking spot in case someone asks to park close.

Angela