PDA

View Full Version : changeover day

fruitcase
25-08-2005, 16:01
I am interested in booking a villa for July next year and have just started a search. Can anyone advise if the Changeover day is always a Saturday, the details I have looked at so far don't mention it. Thanks.

wrpac00
25-08-2005, 16:12
It will probably be down to each individual owner and may depend on other bookings. I don't have a particular day and I think that is the common approach but I could be wrong.

caroline
25-08-2005, 16:12
You'll find that every owner will have different ideas, so some will only take bookings from Sat/Sat, others will do Weds/Weds and some will do any day of the week and for odd numbers of days if required.

I would advise you to find a selection of villas you like then email the owners with your dates to see if they have availablity, many will already be booked for next July, we are! if your dates are flexible say so on the enquiry as you may get more choice this way.

fruitcase
25-08-2005, 16:16
Thanks for the help. I,m a bit worried now about getting booked for next year!!

Lynne S
25-08-2005, 16:22
We try and fit in with what day our guest's want and we are booked for most of next summer, some on a weekend and some are mid-week but I know some owners do stick to just one day.

You need to get in early to get the villa you really want. Happy hunting[msnsmile2]

caroline
25-08-2005, 16:42
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by fruitcase
Thanks for the help. I,m a bit worried now about getting booked for next year!!
[/quote]

I'm sure you won't have a problem, there are lots of villas, but if you have specific requirements then I would advise you to start looking and booking as soon as possible:)

steph_goodrum
25-08-2005, 16:51
Some mcs will only work from Sat to Sat so they can checkins and cleans more easily but most , like ours that are smaller will prefer staggered arrivals so they dont have to contract out as much.

With flights often being charged at a supplement at a weekend of you have 8 in a party at £15 each way that's £240 saved and approx to half a weeks villa rental, as most of us have been in the situation of being tied to holidays and paying a premium we appreciate that where savings can be made without affecting the standard and overall quality of the holiday they are gratefully received.

berni_richards
25-08-2005, 17:05
we have a flexible change over day, each owner will set their own rules

Rhosyn
25-08-2005, 17:58
We also take booking from the days that guests require if possible.

aarkley
25-08-2005, 18:16
I think most villa owners now tend to be flexible about start dates.
WE all realise that flights are cheaper mid week especially for people with familes.
The best advice is to ask but to be honest if you ask for a mid week start owners would in my humble opinion be mad to say no

Alan

dolphinv
25-08-2005, 18:34
We suggest Saturday to Saturday but will let guests decide[msnwink]

Maz
25-08-2005, 20:26
We are definitely flexible. I am sure you will find the perfect villa.

Debbie

feathersonline
25-08-2005, 20:41
We're also flexible - We try to provide our guests with the exact dates they ask for...

solanasunshine
26-08-2005, 12:50
We're also flexible and try to accomodate guests preferences [msnsmile]

LiesaAnna
26-08-2005, 13:18
we arrive on a thursday and leave on a thursday, have found most very obliging!

resorthomerentals
26-08-2005, 18:47
We accept arrivals/departures for any day of the week also. This gives the guests a little more flexibility in making travel arrangements such as cheaper flights if you fly during the week.

SunLover
26-08-2005, 18:58
Changeover / Arrival days are negotiable with most owners, dependent upon the state of their calendar with regards to previous bookings that they already have in place.

I think the trick here is if you have completely fallen in love with a specific villa, maybe because of it's location, decor, facilities etc, you may have to be flexible yourself to attain that "prize".

Obviously owners cannot move existing bookings to accommodate another guest's dates, and unlike hotels who have multiple rooms available, there is only one of each villa you are enquiring about.

The earlier you book, the more chance of getting the dates you require. Closer to your proposed departure date, the villa will probably have a lot less availability, and so it becomes a juggling act, trying to slot guests into gaps remaining on calendars.

Jules
28-08-2005, 19:31
We also accept bookings that start on any day of the week for any number of days. Although it would probably be easier for our managers if we stuck to one day I like to fly on different days of the week so I don't see why my guests shouldn't also have the choice.

I would book as soon as possible if you are looking for the busy school holiday period, you may be able to find somewhere closer to the time but it may not be your first choice.