PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay Baseball - The Devil Rays

abbeyvillas
23-08-2005, 20:05
Tampa Bay Devil Rays Baseball Game[clap][clap]

Done all the parks and looking for something different to do on your vacation. Same here! My husband and 15 year old son are avid sports fans and watch no end of baseball on T.V. whilst in Florida so we decided to spend a few days at St. Pete’s beach and take in a baseball game.
We had a terrific day out watching the Tampa Bay Devil Rays play Oakland. Through the week games are played in the evenings but as total rookies we were advised to go for the Sunday ‘Family Fun Day’ which started at 1pm and lasted about 5 hours. In the warm up period both teams gave away lots of souvenir caps and baseballs and throughout the game there was fun shots on the big screen and lots of voucher drops. At the end of the game, which the Devil Rays won, the kids are allowed to go down and ‘run the bases’. There is a huge choice of places to eat in the ‘ballpark’ ranging from burger kiosks to silver-service restaurants so the day out can be cheap and cheerful or more extravagant if you prefer.
As a family fun day we took the cheaper option costing just $15 including seats in the outfield, a hot dog and a soda per person. :)
The Devil Rays play at the Tropicana Field, which is very easy to find between Tampa and St. Pete’s Beach. (The huge dome stadium is visible from the highway.) Although we were staying at St.Pete’s the journey from Orlando only takes about 1 hour so I’m sure we will go again in the future.[msnsmile2]
The Season runs from April to early October.

For more information take a look at the Devil Rays web-site at: www.devilrays.com

dj_padd
23-08-2005, 21:38
On the Subject of sports why not also check out Tampa Bay Lighting Ice hockey Club, if you prefer a faster sport this is ideal.
for more info check www.tampabaylightning.com
Season runs from October to April (opposite to baseball)

abbeyvillas
24-08-2005, 15:56
Hi Graeme,
Thanks for the tip, sounds good. We are also considering Buccaneers Football and Orlando Magic basketball. We are back in Orlando for Christmas so will have a better choice of in-season sports.
Cheers,
Jeanette.

Simone D
24-08-2005, 19:12
If you are looking to go to a Lightning game in December and it's your first game I'd recommend the Detroit Red Wings game on the 17th, but any of the others will be well worth seeing. We're also out in December - after missing out on the NHL this year because of the lockout [msncry] we'll be going to all the home matches [clap][clap][clap]
My hubby has just put up my Brad Richards plaque (Stanley Cup 2004 MVP) in our gamesroom, I've got a good feeling that 2006 will be another good year for the Lightning[lucky]