PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July Fireworks

MsRuthieB
08-05-2003, 17:06
We'll be in Florida for the 4th of July. The 4th is my daughter's 10th birthday. In your opinion, which one of the parks have the best 4th of July fireworks display?

MsRuthieB
09-05-2003, 20:55
wow..almost 60 views on this post and no one has ever been in WDW on the 4th of July? I'm stunned. The way the boards read it sounds to me like the members visit frequently. I guess not on the 4th though :(
Oh well, guess I'll take my chances and hunt around on the net for info. Thanks anyhow.

caroline
09-05-2003, 21:18
Sorry Ruthie!
Can't help with 4th July - unfortunately we've never been to the parks in July so can't offer an opinion:(
Hopefully some other owners or Florida guests can help you.

fiona
09-05-2003, 21:48
I have seen something about what Disney do on the night, but most of us on here are from the UK, and our schools don't break up for the summer until mid to late July, so we visit then! I shall have a dig and report back!

Lesley S
09-05-2003, 22:52
Sorry as well, but we have never been on or around the 4th July.

bellaepovera
09-05-2003, 23:28
I have been there on the 4th of July and the fireworks display are fabulous!! They play all kinds of patriatic songs to go with them. The only problem is that it is soooo crowded i only went there once on that day and will not do it again as it took us 2 hours to get out of the parking lot at Magic Kingdom. Epcot and Mgm are just as crowded but alot easier to get out of as they both close at 9 while Disney stays open till midnight. So if you decide to go to Magic Kingdom wait till the crowds die down after the fireworks as that seems to be when everybody starts leaving.

fiona
10-05-2003, 02:43
Downtown Disney Pleasure Island takes a flag-waving theme July 3, 4 and 5 with patriotic decorations all about, All-American theme bands on West End Stage and in The Jazz Company, the tossing of patriotic-themed beads, and walk-around stilt-walkers decked out in red, white and blue. A special midnight fireworks salute follows the national anthem. Guests who want to let their spirit show can purchase special glow necklaces or patriotically designed face paintings. Fireworks fun and the special music is included in regular Pleasure Island admission of $19.95 plus tax.

At Magic Kingdom on July 4, guests will be treated to a special edition of Fantasy in the Sky, fireworks featuring patriotic music and pyro ringing the park. Fireworks are scheduled for 9 p.m.

At Disney-MGM Studios. Necks will crane skyward as a fireworks spectacular fills the skies above the showbiz-themed park on July 4. Showtime is 9 p.m.

At Epcot, July 4 enhancements to the popular Illuminations: Reflections of Earth; show will burst skyward above World Showcase Lagoon, bringing down the curtain on a daylong patriotic celebration that includes special shows and meet-and-greets with Disney characters in colonial costumes.

I looked last week on the disney site for info an couldn't find anything.

janny
10-05-2003, 04:29
Apparently this year the fireworks at Epcot are going to be done in a 360 degree around the different countries .Sounds quite spectacular.