PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Destinations

Leskw06
22-08-2005, 18:24
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you guys can advise me what's the best place for flights if you want to do a stop over in USA before heading to Orlando.

Dates of travel is June/July nxt year and I'm having problems getting flights and prices.

Thanks
Lesley

blott
22-08-2005, 19:36
Have you tried the link at the top of each forum page? They usually have great prices and are very helpful.

chrizzy100
22-08-2005, 19:55
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Leskw06
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you guys can advise me what's the best place for flights if you want to do a stop over in USA before heading to Orlando.

Dates of travel is June/July nxt year and I'm having problems getting flights and prices.

Thanks
Lesley
[/quote]

Try Jetblue or Song to get to FL....From places like Boston...New York.....ETC....

Ana
22-08-2005, 20:19
Do you have any idea yet where you want to stop over Lesley?

erowlands
22-08-2005, 22:44
Leslie, we always take our laptop with us to the usa,the charger will charge your battery off the 100volt supply no problem,it takes a little longer to charge otherwise no difference at all Eric and Ann

Robert5988
23-08-2005, 00:12
Nearly all of the Gateway cities(a Gateway city is where the airlines land from Europe) have excellent links to Florida. The main ones are Boston, New York, Washington and Atlanta in the East of the USA. If I understand your post you want to look around a city during the stopover? If so all of these have their attractions.

You might be surprised how little extra it can cost to fly to the West Coast first; although you then have an 8 hour time difference. In fact for most of the year it is cheaper to fly from UK to San Francisco or Los Angeles than to Florida.

Katys Grandad
23-08-2005, 00:34
I would add Chicago to Robert's list and agree with him that fares via the West Coast are a bargain considering the distance being travelled. It's a long way but San Franciso is a great contrast to Florida.

If you only want an overnight stopover, New York is probematic because the hotels are expensive and the airports are a fair distance from the main attractions (taxi from JFK to Manhattan will cost around $70 each way). Great place for a 2/3 night stopover though.

My preference for a 1 night stop would be Boston. It is a compact city with good reasonably priced accomodation around the airport. You can be 'downtown' on the 'T' (underground) in half an hour. Direct flights from there to Florida on a wide variety of airlines often at no extra charge on the UK-Florida fare.

andrewmckay5
23-08-2005, 01:24
Phil,
we're off to Boston next June for 3 nights on route back from Canada. 1st visit so any "must dos" you can recommend.
Sorry to hi jack the thread,
andrew
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
I would add Chicago to Robert's list and agree with him that fares via the West Coast are a bargain considering the distance being travelled. It's a long way but San Franciso is a great contrast to Florida.

If you only want an overnight stopover, New York is probematic because the hotels are expensive and the airports are a fair distance from the main attractions (taxi from JFK to Manhattan will cost around $70 each way). Great place for a 2/3 night stopover though.

My preference for a 1 night stop would be Boston. It is a compact city with good reasonably priced accomodation around the airport. You can be 'downtown' on the 'T' (underground) in half an hour. Direct flights from there to Florida on a wide variety of airlines often at no extra charge on the UK-Florida fare.
[/quote]

Robert5988
23-08-2005, 02:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Phil,
we're off to Boston next June for 3 nights on route back from Canada. 1st visit so any "must dos" you can recommend.
Sorry to hi jack the thread,
andrew[/quote]

I spent a 'tourist' day there last week.

There are a number of Tourist Trolleys that go around Boston. You can get off and on at any number of stops. Cost around $28 and well worth it.

You get a running commentary - mainly about the Boston Tea Party and how they beat the English etc[msnwink]. You get a 45 minute Harbour Tour included in price.

The trip around takes an hour approx.(City centre is quite compact) I suggest you do this first and get an idea of the places you want to see. Then jump on trolley again and get off at any place that appeals.

USS Constitution(Ironsides)- oldest USA warship still in commission- and a WW11 destroyer and Naval museum are free to enter. Bunker Hill monument if you feel energetic. Eat lots of lobster. 'Cheers Bar' Nice Parks.

Center of town is a huge building site(the Big Dig).

andrewmckay5
23-08-2005, 12:55
Thanks Robert that sounds great.
I've read about the Tourist Trolleys but it is always nice to hear from someone who has used them.
andrew

domster
26-08-2005, 00:40
New york is a good stop over. We want to spend 2 days there before flying down to Orlando on an internal flight.