PDA

View Full Version : virgin

tigger66
22-08-2005, 00:27
What's virgin like

LiesaAnna
22-08-2005, 03:29
we found the food on our second trip last december much better then the first, little bits to nibble on very tastey and plenty of it, we found!

SunLover
22-08-2005, 07:39
We've tried them all over the years, but now wouldn't fly with anyone else but Virgin (unless we were desparate !) [msnwink]

22-08-2005, 15:15
Have a look here...there is lots of info.......

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb/whatsonboard/index.jsp

[msnwink]

Cruella DeVilla
22-08-2005, 16:01
We flew Virgin for the first time last month as we normally fly from Europe and I have to say I was very impressed. We upgraded both ways to Premium Economy and had a really pleasant time on both legs of the journey. The economy looked quite good to, nice and bright and airy and the stewards/ess were great.

ahagan
22-08-2005, 16:05
I have flown with Virgin quite a few times (most recent being a week ago)as well as other airlines. I find them very good. Food was good and service was great.

daxon
23-08-2005, 17:57
On our flight back last week I had salmon & it was really delicious! Meals going out to Florida have always been better on previous flights but coming back this time definately won![msnsmile2]

chris c
23-08-2005, 20:54
We always fly with Virgin, as we have found them to be consitently the best.

domster
26-08-2005, 00:36
They are very good if you can stomach the cost in peak season.

eagleydo
26-08-2005, 00:49
We have found them to be the best.

ravtino
26-08-2005, 02:10
We had salmon on our flight too - I wonder if they were the same 17th from Orlando to Man VSO76

walden64
26-08-2005, 06:58
Had a great flight with them last week lots of spare seats , both girls had a row of 4 seats each so just went to sleep for the whole 9 hours the rest of us had two seats each. Food was a lot better than in May as well.

Paula D-S
27-08-2005, 11:56
I've booked to fly with Virgin for the first time next year. We are flying out in economy and returning in premium economy.
Wish it was sooner than next July though.

Paula

27-08-2005, 13:32
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caitlin
I've booked to fly with Virgin for the first time next year. We are flying out in economy and returning in premium economy.
Wish it was sooner than next July though.

Paula
[/quote]

Good move!!!![msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Snapper
27-08-2005, 14:47
I guess I'm the exception to the rule. We flew with them in 1999/2000 and thought they were terrible. Bad enough that we vowed never to fly with them since, and haven't.

Everyone does seem to rate them very highly and I guess at some point I should give them another chance; however air travel is so competitive and with carriers like BA, Continental, AA and Lufthansa out there I keep asking myself why I should take the risk and so put it off for another year.

27-08-2005, 15:45
Depends where you need to fly from really but given the choice my heart would go with BA for obvious reasons[msnwink] as my first choice but if you want to fly direct from MAN then Virgin for me every time (and just don't mention TCD!!!)[msnwink]

E. Cosgrove
27-08-2005, 16:12
We have flown Virgin on numerous occasions and have never had a bad flight with them, though some have been better than others.
Make sure you join their flying club before you go as only one trip with them will give you enough miles to do "miles plus money" on your next trip which can often be a huge saving on the regular flight price. [msnsmile2]

Badger
02-09-2005, 02:20
I would rather fly on an orange box in the back of a Sopwith Camel than fly with Virgin. They must have the most uncomfortable seats of any trans atlantic flight that I have ever experienced.

becbecs
02-09-2005, 03:33
Like Virgin lots, never had any problems and there Online check in facility at Manchester and the Downtown Disney Check in are just the best, talk about hassle free or what. My only gripe is that they arn't always the cheapest or would use them all the time.

Katys Grandad
02-09-2005, 11:13
The big advantage Virgin have over other arilines is their direct routes to Orlando.

I don't find them to be anything special and they are definitely expensive. If you look at their pricing for the other US routes where there is direct competition, they aren't able to charge higher fares because nobody would pay them.