PDA

View Full Version : A screenwriter's vacation...

Darling1
08-05-2003, 08:33
Hello everyone! This is my first post here, and am I glad I found this forum! I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post but hopefully someone can help me out.

I am a screenwriter attending Paul Sinor's screenwriting seminar this Saturday at the Knowledge Shop in Orlando. I will be traveling from DC and have not been to Orlando since I was very young! I'm HOPING to meet up with other similar screenwriter folk once I get down there, but I guess I won't be sure until I actually get there.

Is there an active screenwriting/film community in the Orlando area? Has anyone been to or attended any Knowledge Shop seminars? I'm a little antsy as I am traveling alone. Any information on this is greatly appreciated - my fear is that I will be standing there dumbfounded at my surroundings and at the fact that no screenwriters show up! Thanks so much :)

janny
09-05-2003, 12:00
Hi ,I can't imagine that many people on here would have the information you need as most of us are based in UK and have vaxcation homes in the area and what you want is a little of the beaten track.However I have found this link for your.I can't testify to the modernity of it but it may give you a starting placehttp://pegasus.cc.ucf.edu/~rblum/

hope all goes well.

orlandobabe
24-05-2003, 18:53
Hi Darling
I can't help you with the Orlando side of things but Sunlover on the forums is a screenwriter and he is looking to buy a house here-you might have a bit in common.