PDA

View Full Version : Virgin and Kids

tigger66
21-08-2005, 23:32
What's it like for kids on virgin (with parents!)

LiesaAnna
22-08-2005, 03:28
same as any other airline i would expect, they have a bag for the kids with a few bits in it, book, pencils, sweets , and that was it for us! oh and a lolly in the afternoon, didnt get the kids food we had prebooked on our first ever flight, so the second flight didnt bother pre booking kids meals, so when they came round we got told off and couldnt have any as we hadnt pre ordered
hope you have a better time then we did, take lots of bits and bobs of your own, colouring, reading books, cards, cd,personal stereos etc

SunLover
22-08-2005, 07:42
I think Virgin have a good reputation as being a very child and family friendly airline.

22-08-2005, 15:13
f they’ve got their own seat, they’ve got their own seatback TV and on most of our the aircraft that means dedicated kids channels. V.Tots (for pre-school), V.KiD (for 5-11 year olds) and V.T (for teens).

The V.KiD channel includes a blockbuster movie and on most flights, they offer up to 35 Nintendo games.

If you are concerned about any of the content, they now have a 'parental block' system on most of the aircraft. Just ask one of the cabin crew next time you fly.

millie
22-08-2005, 21:09
we fly Virgin and my little girl was 3 this year and I would recommend them. They get a backpack with lots of goodies in it and the programs on the TVs are good for children.

We had a prob on our way out in that someone took our pre-booked kids meal ( which I was NOT happy about) but it looked great. We did get our snack and the meals on the way back though and they were fine.

Just make sure as soon as they start to come round you ask someone for yours or else some inconsiderate person who has not bothered to prebook will steal it! (you can see I have not forgiven them yet!)

sunseeker
22-08-2005, 22:46
we flew with virgin at easter,we have a 7 year old son with downs syndrome and the cabin crew were fantastic with him.

Dave

ahagan
23-08-2005, 13:43
We flew with Virgin on our recent trip (been back only a couple of weeks).

Very child friendly. Kids meals were very big and with so much variety even if the child is a fussy eater like my 5 year old they would find something they liked.

Kid's programmes on the seat back TVs were very good.

LiesaAnna
23-08-2005, 16:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by millie
we fly Virgin and my little girl was 3 this year and I would recommend them. They get a backpack with lots of goodies in it and the programs on the TVs are good for children.

We had a prob on our way out in that someone took our pre-booked kids meal ( which I was NOT happy about) but it looked great. We did get our snack and the meals on the way back though and they were fine.

Just make sure as soon as they start to come round you ask someone for yours or else some inconsiderate person who has not bothered to prebook will steal it! (you can see I have not forgiven them yet!)
[/quote]

like i have said on a previous thread before, we booked our kids meals and double checked everything before we went with virgin for the first holiday to florida!!
and when it came to the meals they gave the kids adults meals, so when i asked they couldnt find any! they were prebooked and i had it in writng and took it all with me, just so i knew what i was doing!! they managed to scramble 2 up but i had ordered 3, when we went again we didnt bother prebokking and got really told off! i said what had happened before and they were very annoyed with me, but it was soon forgotten, they did manage to find 2 kids meals but i didnt plead with them, they just did it!
so it was well done to virgin,

sorry bout yours Millie!!
makes me wonder did someone "steal my kids meals too?"[laugh][laugh]
i have forgiven them!! not that much cos we're doing air atlanta!!