PDA

View Full Version : sunshine upper deck travelcity

tonireece
20-08-2005, 01:44
hi, has anyone used this service, I do know its not the best one they do, I have flown with them before in economy and had no problem I think I am one of the luck ones, I have paid for this upgrade for next march, can anyone help, thanks:)

BISH
20-08-2005, 02:27
We have booked sunshine upper for October so can let you know then if its worth it!!

tonireece
20-08-2005, 02:32
hi bish, thanks I will await your reply, but if there is still people out there who have used this please let me know.

rogtuf
20-08-2005, 03:00
Used it once. Never again. Not for the service on the plane, though. Just never TC again. No, never again.

20-08-2005, 12:56
If you Google search Travel City Direct reviews you get quite a few come up[msnscared][msnscared]

tonireece
20-08-2005, 19:44
hi rogtuf,
please can you tell me what it was like, such as leg room, food and what films you had, and was there any children under the age of 9. Why would you not use them again, I await your reply

tonireece
22-08-2005, 18:59
Hi everyone,
can someone answer a quick question, if I have paid for sunshine upper deck, do I still have to pay for pre-bookable seats. I hope not!
await anyones reply.:)

Robert5988
22-08-2005, 19:44
On sunshine upper deck you get seats that are about the same seat pitch as a scheduled airline(34") and no kids under 6.

How much extra did you pay for the seats - they say [u]from</u>£129. Also how much for your car?

If you do a search on this site, and other sites, you will get a fair idea of views on TCD.

It is the ethos of the company that many dislike; that said lots of people have had no problems with them.

tonireece
22-08-2005, 20:18
Hi Robert5988
I have used TC before and had a good flight, I paid £99 which is less than some people were quoted, I must be sitting on the wing! Yes I know that the car is more expensive than others, but I looked about for a cheaper quote, no-one could beat it. I have to go certain times because I work in a school, also I have to consider my son with his exams. thanks again for your reply

22-08-2005, 20:48
I really hope you have done a Google search for TCD reviews and are prepared for the worst and then anything else will be a bonus.

Like Robert said the ethos of the company is terrible and its only when things go wrong that this really comes to light.

Here are a couple of recent reviews they are two of many Im afraid........

20 August 2005
"Air Atlanta Europe - Booked through Travel City Direct. Cardiff to Sanford 19 Hr Delay, 2 hours delay returning. Confusion with staffing at Dollar car rental a furthur 3 hrs waiting for a car, out side in the mid afternoon heat! Both companies in my opinion are a joke, having travelled with much smaller (and cheaper) tour operators and airlines, begs the question - whats going wrong? In my opinion, the "technical difficulties" are most probably operational difficulties, a simple lack of aircraft and bad management. All in all most disappointed with Travel City "regret" and Air Atlanta".

19 August 2005
"We were amoung the people who have made comments below, flying Manchester to Sanford with a 28 hour delay and returning with a 27 hour delay. We were fortunate enough to stay in 2 lovely hotels but the organisation and lack of information we were given was disgusting. When we eventually got on board to fly to Sanford we were delayed a further hour due to seating difficulties, passengers who had pre booked seats were not sat together and some were even allocated seats that didn't exist! We were sat upstairs with tv screens that were extremely small and blurred. I had a broken seat that wouldn't remain upright much to the annoyance of the young girl behind me. My partner had a seat with a broken table. No wonder there were "technical difficulties" on a plane so old!! The return plane was a slighty better standard. The crew onboard both ways were polite but after all the events and delays we would never fly with them again".

LesleyB
24-08-2005, 00:19
We have not flown with Travel City Direct, but we were speaking to our new neighbours who were flying with TCD on Saturday 20th August - they were contacted on Friday 19th August to be told that the plane had 'technical difficulties' and that the Saturday flight had been cancelled and they were instead going to fly on Sunday. I understand that they did manage to fly on Sunday (not sure if they encountered any further delays) but obviously missed a full day of their trip.

bushbaby
24-08-2005, 00:55
I can add that I thought TCD were ok
A bit scary as we returned sat 13th aug on time no delays.
However on the outbound flight 2 other TCD flights were delayed resulting in Sanford immigration stopping people at the top of the stairs before immigration hall.
when we got to baggage hall about 1000 people trying to get bags.
We were very lucky got bags and car hire before the really massive que's.
Altogether got in villa about 3 hours after landing.
In may of this year at Orlando International in villa 55 min after landing !
bushbaby

Robert5988
24-08-2005, 14:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:However on the outbound flight 2 other TCD flights were delayed resulting in Sanford immigration stopping people at the top of the stairs before immigration hall.
when we got to baggage hall about 1000 people trying to get bags.
We were very lucky got bags and car hire before the really massive que's.
Altogether got in villa about 3 hours after landing.
In may of this year at Orlando International in villa 55 min after landing !
[/quote]
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote: We have not flown with Travel City Direct, but we were speaking to our new neighbours who were flying with TCD on Saturday 20th August - they were contacted on Friday 19th August to be told that the plane had 'technical difficulties' and that the Saturday flight had been cancelled and they were instead going to fly on Sunday. I understand that they did manage to fly on Sunday (not sure if they encountered any further delays) but obviously missed a full day of their trip.[/quote]
The problem with any charter airline – not just TCD – is that their planes have a tight schedule and any delay, for technical or weather related problems, can have an impact on a number of flights as they simply do not have the spare planes that scheduled airlines have to reschedule.

The problem with Sanford is that most of the planes – mainly Jumbos – arrive and leave fairly close together and the facilities can simply get overwhelmed.

It will be interesting to see how TCD compensate Lesley's neighbours for their 24 hour delay. Methinks they will not be generous!

Robert5988
25-08-2005, 23:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:We have not flown with Travel City Direct, but we were speaking to our new neighbours who were flying with TCD on Saturday 20th August - they were contacted on Friday 19th August to be told that the plane had 'technical difficulties' and that the Saturday flight had been cancelled and they were instead going to fly on Sunday. I understand that they did manage to fly on Sunday (not sure if they encountered any further delays) but obviously missed a full day of their trip.[/quote]

I was reading on another forum that there have been 24 hour delays for lots of TCD flights this week.

25-08-2005, 23:37
Robert there have, as you know I live close to man airport and I have never seen on go on time ever[msnsad]

There were a couple of really bad ones of 50 hours delayed a few weeks ago - if anyone ever tells me theres no difference between scheduled and charter flights again I think I will scream[msnmad]

domster
26-08-2005, 00:38
Stay clear with a barge pole springs to mind!

I don't like the way they make you take their car hire as well, even though it is very expensive. Suppose this is how they make their money.