PDA

View Full Version : disney magic kingdom one day ticket

LASH
18-08-2005, 22:00
a mate of mine told me you can buy one day tickets at booths around the area of orlando that other people have sold on.
but if i have to buy at the gate does the ticket selling station open earlier than the park and if so what time?

florida4sun
19-08-2005, 14:20
Hi,
sorry but it is not possible as all tickets since Jan 05 require a finger scan of the original owner to work. It is also illegal and you have no way of telling what days (if any) are left on the ticket.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LASH
a mate of mine told me you can buy one day tickets at booths around the area of orlando that other people have sold on.
but if i have to buy at the gate does the ticket selling station open earlier than the park and if so what time?
[/quote]

Rich-n-Ang
19-08-2005, 15:26
On our recent trip we were pestered several times by people saying they would pay cash for any unused days on tickets at the end of our holiday, they were stopping us outside restaurants and giving us business cards or leaving them on the windscreen of cars when parked, even had one person knock on the Villa door and hand over a card !!.

Needless to say we threw all the cards away, but it does appear that they don't seem too worried about the new scanning system, but then again I don't suppose its an issue until someone tries to use it.

Maz
20-08-2005, 01:58
We used the scanning system a couple of years ago when we had 10 day disney tickets - but my fingers didn't always read properly - so at times took ages to get in. I don't know if the machines are more sophisticated now.

Debbie

cheekychops05
19-09-2005, 15:47
I had the same problem with the finger prints. I came back last Friday from Orlando, even using the lockers in Universal would not read my prints correctly.

millie
19-09-2005, 22:15
I would never risk it - imagine the disappointment of getting to the turnstiles and either not matching the finger print scan or not actually being any days left on the tickets at all. It would ruin your holiday.

CarolAnn
19-09-2005, 22:54
I do not think limiting yourself to just a 1 day ticket is necessarily a good idea to be honest? Why not checkout the various options available to you on the link for park tickets on the top of this page:)