PDA

View Full Version : Booking for 2007

zazu
18-08-2005, 18:53
we are hoping to have a villa holiday in 2007 either May or September, but not sure when we should be booking it. We are going in 4 weeks (staying onsite this time, but wished we had gone for a villa) and will probably think about our next holiday when we return. I know we can't book flights for a while yet, but i was wondering how far in advance owners take bookings for villas. Will they have prices already for 2007?

Thanks

Suzanne

DaveL
18-08-2005, 18:59
Some owners do while others might prefer to wait. The best thing you can do is to put in a enquiry via one of the 3 sites at the top of this page and see who responds. You should certainly get a large choice of homes this far ahead.

Dave

Lynnes
18-08-2005, 19:03
I agree with Dave. This also gives you the time to look through all the villas that are available to you, short list and hey presto book.

shenon
18-08-2005, 19:21
Some people do like to book in advance to make sure that they have the villa of their choice , we already have some bookings in place for 2007 but it is down to personal choice:)

luckylady
18-08-2005, 19:42
If you are an organised person, then book the home early one less thing to worry about.
Everyones different, some leave everything to the last minute.
I would want to get my home sorted first, if you have set ideas what you want, take you time and choose
the home of your dreams

steph_goodrum
18-08-2005, 20:00
We take bookings for 2007 with the advantage to guest in that we charge the current rate, so they can avoid price increases. Ok we might lose a little if there is a huge rise in utility cost but I'd much rather the organised people who are prepared to pay their deposit early get a bargain than those who leave it till the last minute and then often almost demand a reduction for last minute booking, which often entails more work rather than less to coordinate everything.

You are in the enviable position though that you have a chance to check out some of the areas on this trip (if you have a car), although things may well have changed in a couple of years, at least it gives you an idea of where you would like to stay.

Daglish
18-08-2005, 20:20
As mentioned previously the best thing to do is put a search on all the sites here. We have taken one booking so far for 2007 which means these guests now know exactly what the cost will be.

Take the opportunity whilst you are on holiday this time to have a good look around and a think about the type of facilities you need. From the searches you do on these sites you will get a number of replies and I'm sure you will find the villa that exactly matches your requirements - especially if you book early.

In the meantime enjoy your forthcoming holiday in Orlando

zazu
18-08-2005, 20:36
Thanks everyone

We have a rental ar for one week whilst we are out there and do intend to get out of Disney and see some of what Orlando has to offer. We have also printed out a villa communities map so will probably go for a wander to some of the communities which we fancy staying at

Suzanne

Genie
18-08-2005, 21:00
We have bookings for 2007 already, the peak times will be the first to go, also repeat guests will try to get in before everyone else.

SunLover
18-08-2005, 21:17
Likewise, the same as Jean.

It's never too early to book the place you want ! :D

chrizzy100
18-08-2005, 21:40
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by zazu
Thanks everyone

We have a rental ar for one week whilst we are out there and do intend to get out of Disney and see some of what Orlando has to offer. We have also printed out a villa communities map so will probably go for a wander to some of the communities which we fancy staying at

Suzanne
[/quote]

That would be a good idea......a lot of homes are just about to close....building work will be finished by 07 in a lot of cases....you will have so many to choose from.....I would start looking at every villa on this site.....make a short list of homes.....go look at the communities where the villas are if not gated.....and also look in on the places nearly finish......some of the new communities look like they will be lovely places to stay.....

Kazzie
19-08-2005, 05:42
Suzanne,

From a villa owners point of view I would say book early if you really know what you want and the dates that you want. Having said that and being so close to you going to Florida, I would say have a good look around and weigh everything up as to what you want. I am sure you will find a suitable villa in the right location if you book when you return from this holiday.

Enjoy this holiday first before worrying about the next one.:)

Have a great time.

Karen

Ana
19-08-2005, 09:49
I don't know about everyone else, but I always feel a little deflated when I return home from Florida. Having your next holiday to research & plan will surely give you a little of that Sunshine feeling back.

It's never too early to book your dream home [msnsmile2]

sundowner
19-08-2005, 13:21
Well said all of you. The biggest benefit is that you would get a good price, as I am sure the rental cost would go up in the next two years. And as Ana said, it gives you something to aim for after this holiday. Go and enjoy this one, then when you get back and it's raining every day you will find a little sunshine in your life looking at villas.

qunlu
20-08-2005, 22:52
Most owner will take current price for 2007.

LorraineC
21-08-2005, 03:47
on top of all the great advise already given, remember if you have your villa picked and dates secured you will be able to book flights when they become available, I find this is when they are the cheapest.

Enjoy your break there this year.

domster
21-08-2005, 14:45
I would def go for early booking. As Ana says it is great to do it when you get back (just to cheer yourself up!)

DisneyDreamer
21-08-2005, 20:14
I am a terror for booking holidays early, I just have to have something to look forward to. We have booked for Xmas 2006 through this site and I did it at the start of this year, so almost 2 years in advance. I had alot of replies to my query all of whom were happy to book me up so early....put out a request, at least you will be sure to get the villa you want.:D

lorraine51
22-08-2005, 00:46
We're taking bookings for 2007 at this year's prices so it is definitely well worth booking early. We have one guest already paid up for their hols 2006 and 2007. At least you'll have a good chance of getting the dates you really want.