PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Airports

Twiglet
16-08-2005, 11:21
Are there two airports in Orlando?

I guess coming from Australia I will fly into Orlando International, do most uk visitors come via Sanford?

Jules
16-08-2005, 11:26
Hi Twiglett,

Most of the charter airlines from the UK use Sanford but scheduled flights use Orlando International. We have used both but much prefer Orlando mainly because we have a shorter drive to our villa after landing, we don't mind Sanford if the price of the flight is right. I guess coming from Australia you would fly into Orlando International.

Maz
16-08-2005, 11:33
We've used both too. Since we bought our villa and fly more often we change in the USA and those flights usually go into Orlando. I didn't mind Sanford but my husband hated it. We were an hour to get through immigration and 1 1/2 hours waiting for car hire at Sanford.

Debbie

Lynne S
16-08-2005, 12:42
Hi Theresa,

Sanford is the smaller of the two, but we use Orlando as we fly with Virgin when we go to Florida. I think both have their good points :):):)

16-08-2005, 13:37
We only use Orlando Int. we fly with Virgin or BA[msnwink]

lgordon6041
16-08-2005, 13:56
You will fly into Orlando International coming from Australia Twiglet...It is a lovely airport but remember that if you are a smoker, it is a 100% smoke free zone. I have given up now but I had to keep nipping outside the building for a cigarette (not a bad thing either you hardened non-smokers will say!)..... Once you have gone through immigration there is absolutely nowhere to smoke and for a smoker that's a big ask (on top of the long smokeless flight to follow).
There is a smoking area at Sanford, right up until you board the aircraft but hey...do I care...I stopped smoking 5 months ago!!!!
It is an important problem to a hardened smoker though.

Twiglet
16-08-2005, 16:36
Thanks! Lee I'm not a smoker, but hubby is! We get a stop over in New Zealand and L.A or San Fran, so he can duck out for a ciggie then. He is usually really miserable by the time we land in England when we fly right thru....you can tell all the smokers, they look so miserable and tense [laugh] Its going to be a rather pleasant 24 hour flight by the looks...woop de doo!

lgordon6041
16-08-2005, 16:39
No problem twiggers......Been there, done that, wanted to pick an argument with anyone that even breathed clean air near me on the aircraft..... just flew to Canada with no problem and it was so nice to sit there & enjoy the flight without gasping for a fag!

E. Cosgrove
16-08-2005, 22:53
Well done Lee!![clap][clap][clap]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lgordon6041
but hey...do I care...I stopped smoking 5 months ago!!!!
[/quote]

CarolAnn
16-08-2005, 23:40
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
Well done Lee!![clap][clap][clap]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by lgordon6041
but hey...do I care...I stopped smoking 5 months ago!!!!
[/quote]
[/quote]
Here Here!! Well done!
Though it must be a toughy if you do smoke:(
we are flying London to tampa in October ( a new route for us!!) Only used Sanford once, it was ok...we will see what a trip to our villa from Tampa is like...fingers crossed[msnwink]

eastcoastbranch
18-08-2005, 00:00
We`ve used both Sanford and Orlando international. Don`t mind either. Tell hubby he`s only minutes from a ciggy once he gets of the shuttle train after immigratiion. My feet hardly touch the ground and I`m out the doors for a well earned smoke. :D
Hannah

foreplay
20-08-2005, 06:35
Be aware if you are a smoker, the US Homeland Security Service has now issued a ban on butane cigarette lighters on flights. So if you plan to light up upon arriving or prior to departure, you would be advised to have a book of matches handy.

blott
20-08-2005, 11:53
If you smoke and are likely to get desperate, then a nicotine patch works but remember to take it off before you light up!

As scissors are also banned in hand luggage, make sure that you cut the top off the sachet before leaving home as they don't open otherwise!