PDA

View Full Version : luggage question

LiesaAnna
15-08-2005, 23:33
Can anyone tell me please how much we are allowed to take on Air Atlanta??? have been with virgin twice and have never used another flight to florida so i dont know, cant find it on the paperwork either any ideas??
thanks![msnwink]

kokomo
15-08-2005, 23:53
Hi Liesa,

With Travel City, it is 20kg per person and 5kg hand luggage, that is if you have booked economy seats.

Janice.

LiesaAnna
16-08-2005, 01:48
righto thanks very much!

lgordon6041
16-08-2005, 13:49
Hello Liesa,
It is 20kg per person but when we travelled with them last year we paid £20 each extra for double the allowance to 40kg each. If there are 4 in your party, they would only do it if all members of the party (including infants) pay the £20 (they aren't stupid are they?!?).
We only did it because we were bringing a heavy item back on that occassion so I guess it's all down to "how much are you going to bring back?" ...and is it worth an extra £20 each.

LiesaAnna
16-08-2005, 14:07
lets put it this way i am NOT doing christmas shopping this time!!!![laugh][laugh] last time we had to buy 4 new cases and a holdall!! but we are learning we are taking almost empty cases!!

LiesaAnna
23-08-2005, 20:07
just had a reply back from Air Atlanta when i asked about luggage and car seats/buggys. oh yeh and bulk head seats, (here we go again)
their reply as follows
quote{
With regards to your e-mail, Your baggage allowance is 32 kilos but it's best to check with your tour op incase they say different. You can take either the buggy or car seat free of charge which will go in the hold. If you wish to take both you will have to pay for one at check in. The cost for this will be £8 per kilo.
I can request a bulkhead seat for the infant and mum and the pax with arthritis this is not guaranteed as we seat the pax with the most serious medical conditions here first. The other pax will be seated near the bulkhead seats. If you would like me to request these seats for you I need you to e-mail the passenger names.
If you require any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us. I hope this has been some help to you.

whats a pax?

Big Mack
23-08-2005, 20:35
Hi Liesa

PAX is the airline industries "polite" way of reffering to us passengers. (Saves them writing all those extra letters!) :D

Mack

LiesaAnna
23-08-2005, 20:37
thanx Big Mack!
thought it might be!

domster
23-08-2005, 21:09
will just have to go easy on the shopping Leisa[:O]

LiesaAnna
23-08-2005, 21:47
yeh right spoil all my fun!!

23-08-2005, 22:30
I think its con that you have to pay for either the car seat or buggy, if you are flying with a baby they you you are more likely to have both and they know it[msnmad]

Last year I took 2 car seats and one pushchair with no charge[msnwink]

LiesaAnna
24-08-2005, 15:25

Thank you for your email with regards to your forthcoming trip booked with Charter Travel. I have been in touch with our supplier and they have informed me that the luggage allowance is 20kg per passenger having a seat. Pushchairs can be taken as far as the boarding gate and will be loaded last so they will come out first at the other end. There is no extra charges for this service.

I have also confirmed with Air Atlanta that a car seat can be checked into the hold with the rest of the luggage, there is no charge for this and it does not come out of your luggage allowance. Ref Paul on 0870 167 7747 confirmed this for me this morning.

Please do not hesitate to contact me further should you need any further information.
unquote

cant understand this, why is it that air atlanta say we can have 32 kg per person and charter say 20kgs, then air atlanta say we have tp pay for either the buggy or the car seat yet charter say we dont!

wont know if i'm coming or going!!!!