PDA

View Full Version : First Timers

Big Mack
15-08-2005, 19:25
Hi Guys

going to be visiting Busch gardens for the first time this year as we did not have time when we visited Florida last year. We will be going mid September and driving from the villa we have rented on Tuscan Ridge.

Basically i am looking for general hints and tips to make our day at Busch go as smoothly as possible[msnwink]

Stuff like:

Best day to go
Must do rides
journey time
etc..etc..

Many thanks

Mack

dolphinv
15-08-2005, 20:51
Mack,
We did the journey from Silver creek on HW27 in 60 minutes. My best advice arrive early, do the big rides first as storms in the afternoon tend to close the bigger coasters. We went two weeks ago and the big wooden coaster got hit with lightning and closed, the new skerika coster was down for most of the day and only started late afternoon and montu had no q's so did it twice:D....leave the shows for the afternoon as they go on in there is a storm. Enjoy;)

redlobster
19-08-2005, 23:04
Dont get there to early, It dosent open till 10.00am in September
Most of Sept is .
10.00.am-6.00pm

Sept.3/4/5/open 9.00am/7.00pm
Sept 10/11.open 10th9.00am/7.00pm
11th.9.30am/6.00pm
16th 9.00am/7.00pm
17th.9.30am/6.00pm.
24th 9.00am/7.00pm
25th. 9.30am/6.00pm

Sept is a bit more settled rain wise,like all parks just pace yourself and have a good time.
Redlobster

LiesaAnna
20-08-2005, 01:08
when we went last December there was a school visiting for the day! i must say i was so disappointed i thought it would mean we would be queing etc but now and again we heard them but they were very well behaved!!
its a great place to go, so many different things to see/to do/ listen to the music and watch the band! theyre amusing!!;) along with seaworld its another of our favourite places to go!!

Big Mack
04-09-2005, 06:54
Thanks for the advice guys

i am really looking forward to going to Busch this year as it will be the only park that we are doing for the first time! I have been on their website and done a bit of research so we should not be going into it totaly blind.

I am really looking forward to the new ride Sheikra which looks awesome.

cheers

Mack [msnsmile2]

dawn
04-09-2005, 13:13
Sheikra is fantastic Mack the best ride around IMO. There is so much to do and see at Busch for everyone, its definately my favourite park
It's worth taking some dry clothes for the after the wet rides[msnsmile]

Ray&Sarah
04-09-2005, 14:19
We love Busch Gardens Mack, you will have a fantastic time. As suggested do the coasters first, in case the rain arrives and they have to close them for a while. My eldest son is a roller coaster fanatic and this is one of his favourite parks in Florida.[msnsmile2]