PDA

View Full Version : Best Shopping Malls?

Big Mack
15-08-2005, 19:20
Cant belive i am actually asking this question but what are the best shopping malls and where are they located? [msnsad]

When we went last year the girls only retail therapy was at Downtown Disney but i have promised them a little more variety this year.

Thanks

Mack

wilfy
15-08-2005, 20:01
Mack,

Florida Mall - Near airport, large , good selection
Mall at Millenia - off I4 east of universal studios, large , upmarket.
Altemonte Mall - North on I4 - medium size - reasonable selection.
Premiums Outlets - south of Sea world on International drive - large outdoor - , designer bargains.
Belz - (now being rebranded) - just south of Universal studios, - large - limited selecion, going thru re-branding.

and i'm sure other members will have some more [msnsmile2]

marion
15-08-2005, 20:46
Mall at Millenia - off I4 east
Is my favourite, Be prepared it is big just do not forget were you parked your car.

If you are looking for a small quite Mall then Eagle Ridge Mall 501 Eagle Ridge Dr
Lake Wales, FL 33859 is the one
If you go on a Sat and Sun there is also a market on the High way 27 just before you turn of for the Mall and the TAX is lower at Eagle Ridge;)

dolphinv
15-08-2005, 20:56
We did Florida Mall and I bought nothing, then Beltz which seems to be ok even with the take over and I easily spent a few hundred $$ and then we did premium outlets on I4 where the visa took another big dent;). Mall at milllenia was missed this visit but I know my sister luvs that place and the cheezecake factory is also there[msntongue]

DiannaUK
15-08-2005, 20:56
Celebration also has some very nice shops. Beltz is now rebranded "Prime 1". Premium Outlets (junction 68 on the I4) and Florida Mall (Sand Lake Road junction on the I4 - exit 74A I think) were our favourites.

Dianna.

donnapit
15-08-2005, 23:02
For a change why don't you try West Oaks Mall on Highway 50 at Ocoee.

Ray&Sarah
16-08-2005, 02:02
Our favourite is the Premium Outlets Mall, we also take in the Florida Mall and have to visit the Mall at Millenia for The Cheesecake Factory.[msntongue][msnsmile2]

Big Mack
16-08-2005, 18:40
Thanks very much guys,

did not realise there were so many shopaholics out there!![msnwink]

I dont think i will show the girls the entire list, otherwise i might end up at MK on my own [msnembarrased]

Mack

E. Cosgrove
16-08-2005, 22:50
You could always rent a Harley whilst they go shopping[msnwink]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Big Mack
Thanks very much guys,

did not realise there were so many shopaholics out there!![msnwink]

I dont think i will show the girls the entire list, otherwise i might end up at MK on my own [msnembarrased]

Mack
[/quote]

Big Mack
19-08-2005, 03:18
That is a great idea, only problem is they are bound to need my help carrying the many, many.......many shopping bags that they are bound to have.

The girls in my group belive in taking an empty suitcase inside another suitcase just so they can bring back all those bargains[msneek]

I will need a harley with a trailer [msneek]

Mack

alanandjude
19-08-2005, 03:31
Theres a new one just opened called ?Festival Bay? (I think that's what it's called anyway) Just up the I4. Looks very good. Well Jude enjoyed it anyway.[|)]

Kazzie
19-08-2005, 03:47
We found that Festival Bay still has a lot of units not let yet when we were over end of July. Would never think of going to villa without visiting Florida Mall, apart from the shopping the food court is pretty good.

Karen

Chloe
19-08-2005, 04:04
We really enjoy the Orlando Premium Outlets. You go up SR 535, and turn right just before the I4 onto Vineland Ave. It is well sign posted. It is about three quarters of a mile along on your right. I usually find it to be a little bit quieter and easier to park if you go on a week day. Chloe

RIS
19-08-2005, 09:25
It's still the good old Florida Mall for us. [msnwink]

shenon
19-08-2005, 12:00
me too florida mall is my favourite:D

emm
19-08-2005, 12:56
We like the Premium Outlet mall best, as it is quite a manageable size to cope with, and it is not too hard to remember where you parked your car!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
19-08-2005, 13:09
Mall At Millennia is our favourite by far. A really nice shopping experience (even I enjoy it and I normally hate shopping - unless it's for gadgets).

Tracey
19-08-2005, 14:39
Another new one

http://www.attheloop.com/

Ray&Sarah
19-08-2005, 16:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Tracey
Another new one

http://www.attheloop.com/
[/quote]

Looks interesting, may have to go and take a look.[msnsmile2]

becbecs
19-08-2005, 17:55
Jane my wife and our eldest daughter Emma went to the Mall at Millenia yesterday and said it was just one of the best Malls they had been to, just sweating now on when I receive the credit card bill as she hasen't said how much they spent.

qunlu
19-08-2005, 19:26
Premium Outlets Mall is the one we love most.

DisneyDreamer
20-08-2005, 22:18
Premium Outlets gets my vote too, although I admit to visiting all the larger malls because you just never know what bargains may be lurking. I also love Wal-mart for bits and bobs. If you see a ROSS STORE take them there as it's full of end of line designer stuff and bits for the home and I tend to get my best bargains in there. Enjoy![msnwink]

orlandodaze
21-08-2005, 05:01
We love Premium Outlets , and of course the weekly visit to Ross when we are there , Dad qualifies for the over 55s reduction and we all troop behind him. We get our best bargains in Ross ,although my son is a great Old Navy fan. I just find it difficult to get nice things to fit me there.

Michele L
23-08-2005, 01:19
Premium outlet every time. It is good for everyone

Michele

abbeyvillas
23-08-2005, 19:41
I'm sure 'The Loop' (at the Junction of John Young Parkway and Osceola Bvd) will be terrific when all the units are taken but at the moment there are still alot of empty units. Sports Authority moved to there from the 192 earlier this month.
Jeanette

blott
23-08-2005, 22:28
Oh, we've been to The Loop at least twice but I had no idea it was called that! Can recommend Barnies for a snack and a coffee though. :)

finishrich
26-08-2005, 23:03
Has to be premium outlets. For extra bargains make sure you visit there web site http://www.premiumoutlets.com, join there VIP club(it's Free) and you get access to the VIP lounge and a discount booklet. We used this on our last visit and got an extra 15% off at Osh Kosh, plus various other additional discounts at other stores.

27-08-2005, 00:05
For me it has to be the Millenia Mall - I feel very at home there[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

davy woods
28-08-2005, 15:59
Premium outlets gets my vote, I think its a great shopping mall and very relaxing when walking about, I really like the sports shops as well, a lot of variety to choose from.
Dave

villavirgin
28-08-2005, 18:15
Mall at Millenia is worth a visit just for the food court, and the free samples! We were there last Sunday and my son bought some new headphones for his IPod from the Apple Store. The best place for bargains has to be the Premium Outlets though.

We drove there straight from MaM and spent brewsters on Timberlands and trainers. My new Timberlands were 49 quid, instead of 120 at UK prices. We then drove to the LBV Outlets, and finished the spree with jeans from the VF Outlet.

I haven't dared check my credit card on internet banking yet!

btw - the weather is great again now Katrina has slewed westward in the gulf, but I pity the people in New Orleans when she grounds again, category 5 now, omigosh.

VV

Rodney
28-08-2005, 21:06
Came back a week ago....still found belz to be best for value. the others have lots of choice but the prices at Belz were best. Never got to the mall at millenia.

SunLover
28-08-2005, 21:54
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
For me it has to be the Millenia Mall - I feel very at home there[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]
[/quote]

I would have to agree... and even if you don't buy anything, it's such a fabulous building to explore.

domster
29-08-2005, 14:01
I like the Florida Mall.

I know it is not discount orientated but it does offer some of the big stores.

Arby
29-08-2005, 20:55
Mall at Sanford is the best in my experience because of the sales. Far better than the other sales.

Paula D-S
30-08-2005, 01:27
I just love Premium Outlets, mainly because of a childrens shop there called Little Me. Fantastic for the under 5s.

Paula

millie
30-08-2005, 02:15
We love the Florida Mall - the food court is yummy!
Also if you are going to Mall at Millenia don't leave without having cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory. We made the mistake of having a meal there and could not squeeze in cake - obviously did not leave empty-handed - took some home!;)
But best just to go in and have cake. Its to die for![:I]

julieanne
30-08-2005, 16:04
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by millie
We love the Florida Mall - the food court is yummy!
Also if you are going to Mall at Millenia don't leave without having cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory. We made the mistake of having a meal there and could not squeeze in cake - obviously did not leave empty-handed - took some home!;)
But best just to go in and have cake. Its to die for![:I]
[/quote]

As the meals are so good, don't miss out on one- have a meal and take the Cheesecake home [msntongue] [msntongue]

lisacrotty
05-09-2005, 03:26
We love the Florida Mall all of us for different reasons.
Me well since having the villa i tend to go to Kirklands and the big stores sears, macys. & pottery barn.
My two girls love build a bear, end up spending loads in there. My son any electronic game shop.
My husband usually waits for us in Ruby Tuesdays he hates shopping.

Also love premium outlets and mall at millenia.
not keen on the beltz.

There again once you own a villa you spend most of your time at walmarts targets lowes & the home depot.[msnsmile2]

Steve and Dawn
12-09-2005, 18:22
We love them all but Florida Mall is still a favourite especially Burdines/Macy's which by the way, you can get a visitors discount card. Just go to guest services and show your passport. That enables you a further 11% discount on most things (Not perfume etc) Even if the items are in the sale or already reduced. The card can also be used at Macy's at the Mall of Millenia too.[msnwink]

ellie
15-09-2005, 17:49
The Loop is still being constructed so not everything is up and running, but building is fast in Florida, so it won't be long. It has a cinema, too. Certainly worth taking a look at, and will be great when it is finished.

thistle1314
20-10-2009, 15:04
Folks, apologies in advance but I'm a wee bit confused. The outlet mall - is that the one that isn't covered but there is a huge covered food hall in the middle. I think I'm getting my shopping malls mixed up. I am going to the uncovered one the second day we arrive as I've been holding off for ages buying make up, lippy, mascara etc. I'm hoping of course that its cheaper to buy there than get duty free on the way out. We leave in 16 days time. Appreciate any guidance here. Thanks. [msnsmile2]

ellie
20-10-2009, 15:30
There are two such outlet malls, now. Premium outlet mall was the original one, and that is outdoors with a food court in the centre. The newer outlet mall is Prime Outlets which once was called Beltz. It is also open with a food court. It is located at the top of International Drive. So you have two choices, Helen.

Happy shopping![msnwink]

thistle1314
20-10-2009, 16:05
Ellie, thanks for this. Premium Outlet is the one I'm thinking of. [clap]

gwensvilla
27-10-2009, 10:14
try the cosmetics company shop for make-up, clinique esther lauder, Mac, etc etc prices ar gobsmackingly cheap.....done my xmas shopping there..they re giving the gift sets away.... told hub by I had saved him a fortune on my xmas shopping.. darent tell him the fortune I spent doing it lol!!!!!!gwen

thistle1314
27-10-2009, 17:20
Gwen, thanks for the tip. I'll certainly be using that. I intend to get as much Christmas shopping in there as possible and of course - a nice wee something for myself. [msnsmile]

kitch50
28-10-2009, 01:39
Hi
We found JC Penneys at Posner Park on US 27 (thanks for the directions Caroline). My husband bought me a new engagement ring (mine got broken a couple of months ago) $400 down to $109, it is beautiful. Also got a couple of lovely handbags at 60% off (a girl can never have too many handbags) and some clothes for my young 'un. Then I was frogmarched out of the shop by said husband before I could spend any more money!!

We always to Premium Outlets for trainers etc - we love their food hall, great bourbon chicken and fried rice from the chinese there.

We also found Florida Mall this time but that was absolutely packed and was more or less like West Quay in Southampton but on a larger scale.

So Premium Outlets and Posner Park for me.

Solana
28-10-2009, 21:04
Hi Gwen, where is the cosmetics company shop?
love filling my cupboards with things I think I need then don't!!

KJH
28-10-2009, 22:31
A bit further out but well worth the visit is Sawgrass Mills - Miami, plus lots of others near it.

murraycrewe
04-11-2009, 00:46
The 2 main ones definitely are The Florida Mall and The Mall at Millenia. The Mall at Millenia is a bit more upmarket but The Florida Mall has a bit more choice, so they are both joint first in my opinion.