PDA

View Full Version : Outback

jpj
06-05-2003, 03:09
On our last visit to Orlando, our best meal was in The Outback restaurant on the 192. Although we had to wait about 30 mins for a table, they give you an electronic beeper to tell you when your table is ready, so you can have a drink before.

The restaurant was recommended to us, so we half expected a decent meal. I've got to say that the steak I had was probably the best one I have ever had in Florida.

The service was great & the fact that it was packed to the rafters,probably means that it is a brilliant place to eat. Also made a change from all you can eat buffets.

Looking forward to trying it again in August. Mouth watering already at the thought !! [^]

fiona
06-05-2003, 03:35
It's packed all the time because it's one of the first port of calls from the 27 plus all the communities that are on it's doorstep up past Splendid China.

Steak can be very hit and miss, we've had some good food and some very indifferent food. But the portions are huge, and hopefully you won't get the waiter we got last time who was so tired and had been made to work an extra shift that he had to tell everyone about it!!

Lesley S
06-05-2003, 12:13
We have always enjoyed this restaurant, we usually end up with the Alice Spring Chicken......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........making me hungry even thinking about it. We have always managed to get a seat here.

mprince
06-05-2003, 13:26
I could kill a bloomin onion - our favourite eatery in Orlando and even better when it's happy hour!

honeybee
22-05-2003, 12:24
We have always haad a great Victorious Fillet at outback especially with a lobster tail with it.

The barbi shrips are mouth watering, infact I am now staring to wish I was there.

We also visited the Outback in Las Vagas which is normally frequented by the locals as it is off the strip. Food was excellant and no surcharge for more than 6 people!

honeybee

dannib
08-06-2003, 21:47
We eat in here one night(even though there is one of these restaurants half hour away from us in England, with the same menu)

It is very nice, and the few different items on the menu make it that bit different to any other steakhouse in Orlando.

DMC
14-08-2003, 21:02
During our last visit to Orlando in May we noticed that Outback have just opened a new unit opposite the Premium Outlet on International Drive.

Well worth a visit, as it was much better then the others we had been to.

That said Hilton Vacation Club are just about to finish a large Resort opposite, so it will no doubt become alot busier over the coming months.

DMC

bellaepovera
14-08-2003, 21:12
I also agree as Outbacks does have the best steaks around. And when you order them medium you get your steaks just as you ordered. My dad is on the Atkins diet which you have to eat all protein so they go there at least twice a week. You couldnt make them better at home!!

chrizzy100
14-08-2003, 21:39
quote:Originally posted by bellaepovera

I also agree as Outbacks does have the best steaks around. And when you order them medium you get your steaks just as you ordered. My dad is on the Atkins diet which you have to eat all protein so they go there at least twice a week. You couldnt make them better at home!!

I love the Outback we have here...not that we can use it in summer.....its way to busy.....but its nice in the winter......

Tracy
15-08-2003, 01:44
Outback = Coconut Shrimp it is FAB
The last time we went in March, I had Coconut shrimp to start, then coconut shrimp salad for my main.

My mouth is watering at the thought and reading all the above about the fillets. The BBQ rib's are pretty good too !

Yummy, role on Christmas, when we will next be over !

Nigel W
27-08-2003, 22:38
I most also agree the Outback is somewhere to try, the food is excellent

Maureen Edwards
28-08-2003, 00:41
Hi, Shelly mentioned 'happy hour', does anyone know, is this every night including weekends and what time is it from and to?? Sounds too good to miss;)

blott
28-08-2003, 03:14
If anyone wants to feel even worse about waiting for the food, try their website at http://www.outback.com and choose your meal now!

Ruth
28-08-2003, 04:09
Thanks Blott[:p][:p]

chrizzy100
28-08-2003, 05:17
quote:Originally posted by blott

If anyone wants to feel even worse about waiting for the food, try their website at http://www.outback.com and choose your meal now!

Thanks...I'll go there after this weekend when its back to normal on the Cape.....and its easier to get a table......[}:)][}:)]

Angua
15-10-2003, 13:54
We regularly get take-out from the Outback in Cary, NC when we're over visiting our friends. It's exactley the same quality and quantity as eating in and easier when you've got tired kiddies. My US cohort accidently phoned the Raleigh branch to make the order but we sent our hubbies to Cary to collect. Outback were very kind and didn't even charge us for the mistake, just cooked it all again at Cary. How's that for service?!

My favourite? Victoria's Fillet and the blooming Onion. I even keep a menu in the drawer with those from my local Chinese, Indian etc. so I can see what I'm missing!

Sarah[8D]

wrpac00
12-11-2003, 03:04
Outback = 10 out of 10.

Paul

florida4sun
12-11-2003, 04:03
Isnt it funny, I have eaten at the outback on 4 different occasions and can honestly say they were all poor quality meals. Usually due to steak being over done and the rest of the food overseasoned. Just goes to show that I must have been unlucky on all of those occasions[msncry].
One restaruant I find to be very good value is the road house grill. The oven roasted prime rib is excellent. Then again the last two people I sent there didnt like it[msneek]

Martin

fiona
12-11-2003, 04:32
We've eaten at the one near us (Splendid China area) twice, first meal was excellent, second was extremely indifferent and service poor. Mind you we've had the same experience at TGIF as well, so you can't tell can you.

bond
26-01-2004, 02:48
Because of where we rent I would have passed The Outback probably about 100 times at different times of the night. Each time there was always a lot of people waiting for tables. So much so I found it offputting having to join a big crowd and wait for a table. But I came to the conclusion, if that many people are willing to wait it has got to be good. Boy were we disappointed. I was passing one afternoon at about 3.30, saw no crowd, decided thats where we will eat. 7 of us babies to adults all disappointed. Maybe I expected too much but I had read so much about 'The Blooming Onion' and all the good experiences people had had. Our opinions ranged from just ok to the worst steak ever. So now when I ask where everyone wants to eat usually the first reply is 'Not The Outback'
To be fair I have only eaten there once and probably got them on a bad day so I have to give them another shot before I cross them off my list.

mprince
26-01-2004, 11:41
we have never had a bad meal there in the 5yrs that we have been visiting. We go to the one by Splendid China but the one up by Home Depot and Osceola Mall is just as busy and good.

If there's only a couple of us we grab a saddle and eat by the bar rather than waiting ages for a table. I mentioned Happy Hour and I believe that is every night between 4 and 6pm but they don't advertise the fact so you have to ask![msnwink]

We are off on Thursday and that is our first port of call from the airport![msnembarrased]

tinkerbell
26-01-2004, 16:53
Hi Shelley! When we went to the one by SPlendid China, happy hour was 5 - 7 , which meant buy one get one free drinks!

KarenScott
27-01-2004, 18:49
WHEN WE WERE ON OUR HONEYMOON IN 92 WE HAD OUR FIRST FLORIDIAN MEAL THERE AND STILL REMEMBER IT TO THIS DAY. CAN'T WAIT TO EAT THERE IN JUNE/JULY THIS YEAR. DIDN'T REALISE THAT THEY HAVE BRANCHES IN ENGLAND. CAN'T BELIEVE THE QUALITY WILL BE THAT GOOD THOUGH! ONLY WISH THERE WAS A BRANCH NEAR US.[:I]

mprince
27-01-2004, 19:10
I'm sure it won't be the same as the US though - where are they in the UK?

Y
27-01-2004, 19:30
There are 2 in Essex, one is in Basildon and the other in Romford.
The food at the Basildon one is good but the portions are smaller than in America and the prices are higher.APprox £18.00 for the fillet steak
The website is www.outbackpom.com.

Yvonne

Angua
27-01-2004, 19:32
Blott kindly found the International Outback website in an earlier post, which is...

http://www.outback.com

They've also got a UK website now...

http://www.outbackpom.com/

Outback POM, geddit!!! Laugh, I nearly cried![msnwink]

Kind regards
Sarah.[msncool]

15:36 - Ooops, pipped at the Post!! First place goes to Yvonne!![:o)]

Ray&Sarah
30-04-2004, 03:29
The outback serves a good steak and for a reasonable price.[msntongue][msnsmile2]

RubAyr
30-04-2004, 17:35
The Outback Special is fab (love the creamy onion soup)and the cheesecake is to die for. We normally get the cheesecake "to go" and share it later !

I wish I was there just now !!

SunLover
30-04-2004, 22:50
It's going to be one of my first ports of call after I arrive next Tuesday.

I can taste that Bloomin Onion already ! :D[msntongue]

Ray&Sarah
30-04-2004, 23:13
Now you are just making us jealous, Chris & Peter. What we would give for an Outback steak now!!!:D[msnwink]

Bamboo Benny
02-05-2004, 11:58
*****STOP PRESS*****

There is one opening in Staines, Middlesex in May 2004 !

mprince
02-05-2004, 13:33
did you know they now do a bloomin shrimp? One to be tried at Christmas for sure [msnwink]

Geoff
17-05-2004, 02:22
We ventured North on the US-27 from our villa at Clear Creek this time and after about 10 minutes hit the US-50 and went right back towards Orlando - Had best ever Outback meal at this one which is no more than 2 miles along this road and opposite a Cracker Barrel that we then visited for breakfast and they alos got 10 out of 10. No tourists in either but still a wait but I honestly believe the portions were even larger. I like my steak very rare and they got it spot on which has not always happened at others although in general I find them all good quality. There is another good one just south of Sarasota not to far from the Palmer Ranch that again seems more a locals place.

For anyone staying or with a villa on the 27 north of the I-4 I would suggest a venture North to the 50 then along as there are several different places - we ventured much farther on the last night and foun Smokey Bones and that is now my NUMBER 1 favourite sports bar and I believe that they are shortly to open ones on the 192 and also by Florida Mall, next to Chillies. Enjoy...

Geoff

mr flibble
17-05-2004, 17:34
Hi Geoff:)
We are on the US27 when you get to the 50 do you go east or west ?
regards
Ian

RubAyr
17-05-2004, 17:51
Hi Geoff, we stayed at Clear Creek last year. It was really handy for lots of eating places.:)

janice
27-05-2004, 17:52
We have never had a bad meal there, we have been going for some 5 years now. My son's girlfriend was vegetarian up until February this year, her first visit to Florida, and we had to go to Outback 3 times in a week as she loved the steak so much. Not that we were complaining [msnsmile2]

RIS
27-05-2004, 19:49
Ian you head East on the 50.

mr flibble
28-05-2004, 00:53
Hi Roger:)
Thanks
Ian