PDA

View Full Version : Best Courses

tinker
17-02-2002, 20:33
What are the best courses in Central Florida? I know it is an individual thing, but I found Diamondback (about 20 miles south of I4 on US27) to be really challenging and a great course, while by better half, who is a rookie golfer, enjoyed playing King's Ridge (about 10 miles north of 192 on US27).

Any other favourites?

deluxevillas
17-02-2002, 20:58
We have a home at Southern Dunes Golf & Country Club which is on US27 near Haines City.
The golf there is fantastic, water hazzards, lots of bunkers, very challenging but a superb course.
They say the new course at Champions Gate Just off the I4 is good, not yet played it but will report to the forum once I do.
Regards,
Ken

esprit
17-02-2002, 21:36
Anyone tried advertising a golf villa in the golfing mags? I took out an ad in Golf Monthly for the three months of Sept/Oct and Nov last year. Cost me £85 and I only got about two replies but they were rotten months anyway. Am thinking of having another shot. Anyone had any sucess? Which is the best one?

Julie Carty

Ruth
17-02-2002, 22:40
We have a villa on Highlands Reserve but don't play golf!. I'm told its a good course and well priced. It is on US27 and close to Disney so it is good for families as well as groups of golfers.

steph_goodrum
18-02-2002, 01:18
A useful website if guests ask is www.golfathalfprice.com . Covers not only Florida but all States. and gives links to lots of golfing websites, so guests can book some tee times before they leave for their holiday.

steph

tinker
18-02-2002, 02:14
We

Edited by - tinker on 13/03/2002 22:38:37

steph_goodrum
18-02-2002, 12:09
Tinker
You can definitely have a pool on golfing communities. When we first started looking we looked Highlands Reserve, we decided that we didn't think we would get enough extra income to cover the increased fees we would have to pay for playing rights. As we're not golfers, another factor we thought was that if people are going specifically for a golfing holiday they would probably want to try several courses, so would not gain much by staying on a golf community, but at the end of the day it's personal choice. I can't remember the exact figures for the golf ones but I'm sure there is someone who can tell you.

steph

athurstance
19-02-2002, 00:34
The course at Highlands Reserve is very good. There is also a place on the western end of the 192 - can't remember its name - but it has 5 18 hole courses. My husband says they're not bad. He prefers the WDW courses which he plays with my 9 year old because I'm not up to it. Sad eh!
There is also a nice 9-hole course on Esprit - top end of US27. Our villa backs onto part of it. Usually quite quiet. I like to play it - it runs past the lake etc and is very pleasant. Not awfully demanding if you don't attract water hazards (I do!!!). It is very good for beginners and younger players (on a lot of courses they will want a handicap certificate for very young players) but they're very accommodating here.