PDA

View Full Version : Monarch or Britannia???

CCollins
13-08-2005, 22:55
Am about to book my flights for September but can't decide between Monarch or Britannia.

Have flown with both, but only Britannia long haul, they were OK, but nothing special.

Anyone got any preferences to aid me in my decision?

Katys Grandad
13-08-2005, 23:54
Depending on price, I might suggest neither. There are some great deals on several airlines in September this year. Where are you flying from?

KevinT
13-08-2005, 23:55
Hi Caroline,

Given the choice I think I'd personally opt for Britannia, as my experience of both companies has been that they are both OK, but we have had more delays in the past with Monarch. We've flown with both several times. Britannia have been on time in both directions. One Monarch flight was delayed almost 8 hours out of Sanford. Both companies planes have been clean and staff have been pleasant.
Legroom is not great on any charter flights, so both companies seats are about the same.
Hope this helps. Have a great time whatever airline you choose!
[msnsmile2][msncool]

13-08-2005, 23:55
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
Depending on price, I might suggest neither. There are some great deals on several airlines in September this year. Where are you flying from?
[/quote]

I have to agree, so many good deals for September and I am sure BA fares will be good value[msnscared][msnwink]

CCollins
14-08-2005, 00:51
Thanks guys, the price for charter (britannia and Monarch) is £255 return, but BA and Virgin have now gone up to over £450 return.

So it seems Charter is the best option![msncry]

Badger
14-08-2005, 13:39
We have flown both and have to be honest and say that there's not a great deal of difference between them. We have been delayed with both Monarch and Brittania, the seat pitch and comfort is about the same, adequate for me and in my opinion the seat comfort is better than Virgin (Wait for the outcry)

The staff seem to be professional and friendly and the food is acceptable.

As Katys Grandad states, there are some good deals in September, particularly with the USA carriers. If you don't mind not flying from a local airport I would be inclined to shop around and take that trip to Gatwick.

jolliffee
14-08-2005, 15:00
We have also flown both, quite often, like all charter flights we have been delayed a couple of times but only a couple of hours so not a problem. In flight terms, I struggle to find any differance (other than price) between them & Virgin. Virgin is scheduled and should be more reliable but we have been delayed with them too.

domster
14-08-2005, 17:54
I would go britannia, although have they not changed their name to thomascook airways?

If you can pay for the upgraded seats as well.

dawn
14-08-2005, 18:59
We flew here in July with Monarch - no complaints, the flight was on time, the crew pleasant and the food ok - if you can, opt for Premium, better seat pitch and we had personal DVD's

luckylady
15-08-2005, 00:38
we flew with Monarch it was OK the staff were pleasant the food acceptable
The leg room was naff but I was aware of this ,it was a cheap price so you pay your money and take your chances
No delays we got from A to B no luxuries I won't do it again

RIS
15-08-2005, 22:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by domster
I would go britannia, although have they not changed their name to thomascook airways?

If you can pay for the upgraded seats as well.
[/quote]

Hi Dom

Britannia are still Britannia ( part of the TUI group )

Thomas Cook Airlines are the airline for Thomas Cook Travel ( also owned by a German company )

As for the question there is no real difference between Brits and Monarch go with price if there any cost difference.