PDA

View Full Version : Buy Your Clothes at Beginning of Hols

sundowner
13-08-2005, 18:54
Don't know what reminded me of this, but something to think about.

Last time we were in Orlando, my daughter and daughter-in-law wanted to buy jeans. On and off we spent the first 2 weeks looking in various shops and trying on etc, then they decided which ones they wanted at the end of the hols.

Trouble is that neither of them realised how much weight they had actually put on whilst away, and within 2 weeks of coming home they lost the weight and low and behold, the jeans were too big.

Might be something to bear in mind - particularly if you are buying an outfit for a special occasion.

millie
13-08-2005, 21:47
Is that the "Florida effect"?????:):D

This year I stayed the same but only because we never stopped at all and had only 1 afternoon and 1 moring by the pool in 17 days!

The pedometer said about an average of 6 miles a day!!!!

Imagine how good I would have looked if i had not eaten all that......................... chinese food, popcorn, cotton candy(mmmmmm!), chicken strips, juice, jelly beans, chocolate, lays salt and vinegar crisps, krisy kreme donuts........... the list goes on!

Eating is one of the best bits.......................... unfortunately![msnsmile2]

S&VEdwards
14-08-2005, 21:43
After our last visit I found I had put on weight and at my age found it hard to lose, this time I'm trying to lose weight before we go. Therefore, when we go and I put on weight I will be my normal size. Here's hoping - as you say the food is one of the best parts.

Sandra and Victor

www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/2251.aspx