PDA

View Full Version : convertible car hire

jillizzy
12-08-2005, 01:11
Can anyone tell me if all convertible vehicles for hire have a push button for putting the top down.

I am on my own for the first week and would only hire one if this was guaranteed otherwise I'd rather have a regular full size vehicle.

Jill

jarjar
12-08-2005, 03:00
The Chrysler Sebring and the Mitsubishi Spyder (the usual rental co cars) both have electric hoods that one person should be able to operate.Enjoy

wrpac00
12-08-2005, 03:04
Yeah they are easy, got a Sebring at the moment. Its a lot easier than my wifes MG TF at home.

Cruella DeVilla
12-08-2005, 15:26
So has the PT Cruiser convertible.

jillizzy
12-08-2005, 16:02
Thanks everyone. I drive a mini convertible here and know how much easier it is. Can't imagine having to get out of the car to close the top should a Florida 'shower' suddenly happen.

Jill

E. Cosgrove
12-08-2005, 20:34
How much space for shopping?[msneek]

jillizzy
13-08-2005, 00:29
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
How much space for shopping?[msneek]
[/quote]

Three spare seats and a boot!
Somehow I never have a problem but have been known to buy up John Lewis and go back later to customer collect with my partners car[}:)]

Jill

flyrr100
13-08-2005, 01:34
My 2001 Mustang has two hooks you undo from your seat. Then you press the button on the consol. It's that easy. The parking break has to be on for it to work. (Don't want the top opening up on the freeway!)

Cruella DeVilla
13-08-2005, 11:08
Liz, There is always room for shopping, its amazing where you find space. When I was younger I had a MR2 T Bar and there were all sorts of hidey holes in there!

jillizzy
14-08-2005, 00:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
Liz, There is always room for shopping, its amazing where you find space. When I was younger I had a MR2 T Bar and there were all sorts of hidey holes in there!
[/quote]

I've got hidey holes at home too!

Jill

imported_n/a
14-08-2005, 04:27
Hi
Skys the limt.
Allenc

E. Cosgrove
14-08-2005, 14:38
Is there space for shopping in the PT cruiser with the hood down? I have just bought a Saab convertible ( love it to peices[msnwink]), and providing I arrange things properly, even with the hood down I can fit in loads of shopping.
My sister and I are off to Florida together in Feb and we are both big shoppers. I haven't booked the car hire yet and was thinking a convertible might be rather nice:) <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
[/quote]

Cruella DeVilla
14-08-2005, 21:15
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
Is there space for shopping in the PT cruiser with the hood down? I have just bought a Saab convertible ( love it to peices[msnwink]), and providing I arrange things properly, even with the hood down I can fit in loads of shopping.
My sister and I are off to Florida together in Feb and we are both big shoppers. I haven't booked the car hire yet and was thinking a convertible might be rather nice:) <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
[/quote]
[/quote]

Liz, the "trunk" is not massive but it's sort of deep so you can cram los of shopping in!

Cruella DeVilla
14-08-2005, 21:15
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jillizzy
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
[/quote]

I've got hidey holes at home too!

Jill
[/quote]

[msnsmile2]ME TOO!

charkyry
19-03-2006, 18:35
hi its my first trip to the florida in over 10 years wife and kids have never flown
does anyone hired a car from avis before and if hey have had any problems with them

chrizzy100
19-03-2006, 22:46
We had a Sebring at Christmas...got in 4 grown ups...4 large cases...one PC bag...2 small hand cases....
we have a Grand Am coupe 2 door at home...we've got a home gym in it...a fridge...a large fire place....and countless TVs...

E. Cosgrove
19-03-2006, 22:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by charkyry
hi its my first trip to the florida in over 10 years wife and kids have never flown
does anyone hired a car from avis before and if hey have had any problems with them
[/quote]
The car hire link above does great deals from Dollar and Alamo, why not check them out first and see if you can save yourself some money[msnwink][msnsmile2]