PDA

View Full Version : Warning To Anyone Using The Bus From MK

orlando_4_me
10-08-2005, 02:15
Do not make the same mistake as we did .

We got the number 50 bus from MK to what we expected to be International Drive Stop next to Quality Inn International . We asked the driver if he went down international drive and he said yes.

The bus stopped at Sea World and then carried on without stopping to the main bus station in Down Town Orlando. We had no idea that you need to get off the bus at sea world and then get onto the I Trolley to the main International Drive. We asked the driver what we do now as we need to get to the Quality Inn. He suggested that we get the number 8 bus.

We made our way over to the number 8 bus stop and had a 20min wait for the bus. The station was very intimidating as there were several tramps nearby and many un-savoury looking people around the place. We had disney bags full of gifts on us, so you can imagine how scared we were.

The bus arrived and we got on . The bus then went on a tour of what can only be described as Orlandos ghetto area's. We saw sights that you only see on programs such as cops ! , such as tramps, gangs etc . Each time the bus stopped we were scared that we may be robbed .

After about a 45min bus tour we finally arrived at the Quality Inn, safe but thankfull that we were ok.

So for anyone reading this, do not make the same mistake

MATT

chrizzy100
10-08-2005, 07:20
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by orlando_4_me
Do not make the same mistake as we did .

We got the number 50 bus from MK to what we expected to be International Drive Stop next to Quality Inn International . We asked the driver if he went down international drive and he said yes.

The bus stopped at Sea World and then carried on without stopping to the main bus station in Down Town Orlando. We had no idea that you need to get off the bus at sea world and then get onto the I Trolley to the main International Drive. We asked the driver what we do now as we need to get to the Quality Inn. He suggested that we get the number 8 bus.

We made our way over to the number 8 bus stop and had a 20min wait for the bus. The station was very intimidating as there were several tramps nearby and many un-savoury looking people around the place. We had disney bags full of gifts on us, so you can imagine how scared we were.

The bus arrived and we got on . The bus then went on a tour of what can only be described as Orlandos ghetto area's. We saw sights that you only see on programs such as cops ! , such as tramps, gangs etc . Each time the bus stopped we were scared that we may be robbed .

After about a 45min bus tour we finally arrived at the Quality Inn, safe but thankfull that we were ok.

So for anyone reading this, do not make the same mistake

MATT
[/quote]

The buses can be fun..[msnsmile]..but cops ride those buses and most people using them know that.....so even if you go into some of the more interesting parts of Orlando...you could still have a cop nearby...we have done it lots of time.....looking like holiday makers and everything has been fine.....

You do have to change buses a lot in the USA to get to the place you want.....its not always made clear......so anyone using the buses.....don't be worried about asking the driver if you need to get off the bus and get on another....in most cases your ticket covers the whole trip....you just show it to the next driver....sometimes its so much each leg of the trip......so you'll have to pay again.....
I'd not let it put anyone off using the bus....just be watchful...and ask questions.....