PDA

View Full Version : Internal Flights

Suzy
09-08-2005, 17:09
Can anyone advise me on internal flights. My son is currently working in Philadelphia, and wants to visit us in Florida in Sept. He wishes to fly into Orlando or tampa. Due to the fact that he is working in the middle of nowhere, with very little internet access, it's not possible for him to pre-book flights.

Can he just turn up and fly? I have looked at some websites and the prices look around $200 for a return trip, is this about right?

I would book flights from this end and print off and post his tickets, but he's not sure of the exact dates that he will be able to join us

Any help appreciated.

Sue

pieman790
09-08-2005, 17:18
We have used many internal routes to and from Orlando and i have to say they have always been very busy. He could turn up and hope to get flight but i would try and ring round before he travels. Most of the airlines have call centres.

becbecs
09-08-2005, 17:40
We have used flights from Philidelphia to Orlando International using US Airways, the flight is approx 2.30hrs. I beleive that they fly this route around 4-5 times a day. Your best bet would be to go on one of the US Airline websites as you will be able to find out lots more info and also flight times.

I would agree with Pieman790 and ring round and pre book as they do seem to be quite busy.

Sharon G
10-08-2005, 01:07
We have done the Philidelphia internal flight, but already booked from here in the UK, but the flight wasn't full!!.I suppose it would be pot luck just to turn up and get a flight. I would think it all depends on what time of year it is also, i.e UK hols or US hols!!