PDA

View Full Version : Weather at Christmas/New Year

McjohnjM
08-08-2005, 15:53
Our first time in Orlando at this time of year. What will the weather be like? We are looking at swimming with the manatees will the weather be good enough for this and also going in the pool if it is heated?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Kim & John

Cruella DeVilla
08-08-2005, 16:21
It depends really, it could be 80 odd degrees or it could be cooler. Poll heat is a must in December unles you are really brave!

CERICROWLEY
08-08-2005, 18:07
Kim & John

We have been now three times at Xmas. First time we wore shorts and t-shirts no problems, pool heated was great, although was told it would be better to do water attractions in the summer as the sea can be very cold, but at discovery cove they do give you wet suits etc.

Now we travelled many times to Florida and all year round. We find Xmas a little bit more chilly, so tend to pack jeans etc, but thats just us getting used to the seasons out there.

We still pack t-shirts and shorts and still get a bit of sun tans.

I would pack a bit t-shirts and shorts but put the old jeans and long sleeve in as well.

You will love the xmas celebrations. We go every year now and wont miss it, it is a magical time.

Go and enjoy yourselves

gail and david roberts
08-08-2005, 18:45
we are also over on New years eve cannot wait
we did go January 27th
this year and found it great ,
we did take jumpers and jackets, shorts and Jeans
as it was cool some nights
and sweatshirts in the day
a bit like are summer time in England [msnsmile2]
no Rain which was better then August last year

chrizzy100
08-08-2005, 19:53
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by McjohnjM
Our first time in Orlando at this time of year. What will the weather be like? We are looking at swimming with the manatees will the weather be good enough for this and also going in the pool if it is heated?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Kim & John
[/quote]

We've had both very warm weather and then very cold in the same week......Until a few years ago Christmas was the only time we ever went to FL......I think its one of the best times...even with the odd cold days......which are great for some of the parks....no queuing for rides...

esprit
09-08-2005, 04:32
Days are fine, nights can be cold, if you are going to the parks take a coat or thick fleece and jeans for everning and leave in a locker. I have known it 60 degrees in the day but 32 degrees or less at night.

chrizzy100
09-08-2005, 06:17
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by esprit
Days are fine, nights can be cold, if you are going to the parks take a coat or thick fleece and jeans for everning and leave in a locker. I have known it 60 degrees in the day but 32 degrees or less at night.
[/quote]

You're jusr becoming a local whimp Julie......your bloods thinning........[}:)][}:)]

McjohnjM
09-08-2005, 14:29
Thanks for all the replys, it look like a typical British Summer, could be warm could be cold, but now we know to take some jeans and sweats with us at least we are prepared.

Thanks again
Kim & John