PDA

View Full Version : Tolls

florida
03-05-2003, 23:11
Could somebody please tell what is likely to happen if you come to an unmanned toll booth and find you don't have any money and there mo turning back. If you drive through are you likely to have your tyres torn to shreds or receive a ticket for not paying?

florida4sun
03-05-2003, 23:22
Depends. Usually it takes a ohoto of you and you get issued with a ticket. Becareful with this as they can trace you through a car hire company and put out a warrant if it goes unpaid (happened to me with a parking ticket)

Carla
04-05-2003, 00:36
If this is your first trip and you have no coins left from a previous trip, then I would suggest that you buy some sweets or something small at the airport and get change. You will need quarters or failing that nickels and dimes. I can think of at least two toll booths on the 417 which are unmanned and will cost you about 50 cents (2 quarters).

If you forget to get change before setting out, then make sure that you ask for some quarters as change when you hit the first toll booth from Sandford or Orlando airports. They are very good and are happy to give you change in exchange for a note.

orlandobabe
04-05-2003, 21:50
Our turn off at Junction 2 417 at celebration is 25c and always unmanned.

Carla
04-05-2003, 22:16
Ours, which is the last one before you join Interstate 4 is 50c and sometimes manned.

Matt
06-05-2003, 23:03
I have just returned from Orlando (yesterday :() and if I remember correctly, the 417 to I4 from MCO has three tolls and all were manned. Two tolls at $1.00 each (which didn't have automated lanes at all so must always be manned), and one at 50cents.

However, I have Floridian friends who have Epasses, and they have said in the past that if ever I don't have any money to drive through the express lane. You could probably get away with this 2 or 3 times before they take any notice and do something about it!!

Then again, I always make sure that the car is full of quarters.

Matt

fiona
07-05-2003, 01:12
We always keep our quarters to use for the tolls. It's not much, and frankly doesn't seem worth getting into trouble about!