PDA

View Full Version : Virgin aircraft rotation from Manchester.

Pages : [1] 2

08-08-2005, 00:16
Todays flight was G-VROM with Nova inflight entertainment, she has been on the route for 10 days now so I predict (based on past rotations) she will change in day or 2, so watch this space it will be one of these.........

G-VLIP Hotlips (Nova)
G-VROM Barberella (Nova)
G-VROY Pretty Woman (Nova)
G-VROS English Rose (Nova)
G-VGAL Jersey Girl (Nova)
G-VAST Ladybird (Odyssey)
G-VTOP Virginia Plain (Odyssey)
G-VXLG Ruby Tuesday (Odyssey)

For your info........

NOVA
During the summer of 2001 Virgin took delivery of five 747-400 aircraft (the cancelled Alitalia order), these were fitted with an Inflight Entertainment system new to Virgin Atlantic supplied by Thales. The new product, called 'Nova' has 8 channels of seat back entertainment consisting of:
Movie channels
2 kids channels (featuring a combination of movies and tv programming)
1 TV channel which works on a cycle basis showing a selection of current TV programming
14 audio channels ranging from soul to Classical music
Moving Skymap display which plots the aircraft's flight path
Bulkhead Telephone
The Nova system is on a selection of LGW 747-400. As these aircraft have Suite fit-outs, they get 'Super Nova' (an enhanced version of Nova, but it still ain't V:Port).
Registration Aircraft Name
G-VGAL 747-443 Jersey Girl
G-VLIP 747-443 Hot Lips
G-VROM 747-443 Barbarella
G-VROS 747-443 English Rose
G-VROY 747-443 Pretty Woman

Odyssey is also a popular system, fitted on aircraft delivered between 1997 & 2002. It offers 10 movie channels, 8 TV channels, 2 kids channels, 14 audio channels and 35 Nintendo games.
G-VAST Ladybird
G-VTOP Virginia Plain
G-VXLG Ruby Tuesday (Odyssey)

Happy Flying
[msnwink]

millie
08-08-2005, 00:32
We had Engligh Rose on the way out to Florida and Ladybird on the way back! As i don't sleep the nintendo games kept me occupied for a bit on the way home! Would be good to have a choice of movies and when they start as if you miss the beginning or have a child and can't watch it all the way thorugh a stop and play button would be bliss!

08-08-2005, 12:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by millie
We had Engligh Rose on the way out to Florida and Ladybird on the way back! As i don't sleep the nintendo games kept me occupied for a bit on the way home! Would be good to have a choice of movies and when they start as if you miss the beginning or have a child and can't watch it all the way thorugh a stop and play button would be bliss!

[/quote]

Millie was that from Gatwick or Manchester?? How was the flight?[msnsmile2]

millie
08-08-2005, 23:06
It was from manchester. The flight was excellent - early both ways. I find Virgin service really good and think it is worth paying for.

The only problem we had is when it came time to get the meals. We pre-ordered a childs meal for my daughter who is 3 months before and checked it prior to flying. But no meal came for her. When i asked about it i was told i could not have ordered one. This made me quite angry as i knew i had and they had obviously gave it to someone else who had not ordered one. They said it was basically the same as an adults meal which it is not! Then when the snacks came round there was one for my daughter with her seat number and name on it. So obviously I had booked one or else they would not have known those details.

It annoys me that people don't order and just take someone else's and that virgin staff just gave it away without checking. I am sure that for a ten year old an adult meal would be ok but not for a 3 year old who can see the kids around her with cookies, raisens and childrens juice etc and she has a salad, fish and crackers with cheese!!!!!!

That was the only thing though. I enjoyed the flights much more than usual. I am very tall and never sleep so coming home especially can be a pain.

ravtino
09-08-2005, 07:14
We came out on pretty woman and my son missed the games some of the screens did not work, and the flight map was definatley on the wrong path!!

09-08-2005, 10:42
It was still G-VROM Barberella (Nova) yesterday, she been on the route for 12 days now so we should see a change any day now[msnwink]

I can see her land from my family room this morning but won't be able see the reg[msnwink] She is due in at 0710 15 mins early!

I know I am sad[msnsmile2]

09-08-2005, 11:13
OMG! I was just watching the Virgin coming in to land and she did a very late aborted landing banking hard left (unusual type of aborted take off normally go straight) and power full on whilst bringing the wheels up - spectacular sight but I bet all the passengers were pooing themselves!![msnscared]

09-08-2005, 11:31
She has landed, second attempt, safe and sound[msnsmile]

Is strange we see so many more 'go arounds' since the second runway has been build because departing aircraft have to cross the 'live' runway being used for landings, unless they are completely clear of the runway the landing aircraft will have to abort the landing and go around. [msnwink]

LiesaAnna
09-08-2005, 12:10
we watched mustve been an aborted landing once at Gatwick it was terrible we went up to watch to get youngest used to the noise before we ever went on a plane with the kids, it was just coming in when we saw another plane about to take off!!! they had to climb and turn very sharply!!! amazing to watch, and hats off to the pilots avoiding disaster!!!!
apparently it happens all the time!!!

09-08-2005, 12:16
Yes it does, we see a lot of them but what was unusual was the banking hard to the left[msnwink]

I will tap into my sources and find out what the problem was[msnwink]

Linicia
09-08-2005, 15:06
Why do they change the plane every few weeks? Is there anywhere you can find out which plane you will be on in advance?

09-08-2005, 21:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Linicia
Why do they change the plane every few weeks? Is there anywhere you can find out which plane you will be on in advance?
[/quote]

The aircarft I have listed rotate with Gatwick and every ten days or so they change aircraft in Orlando and the Manhcester aircraft goes back to Gatwick which is a proper base for them for engineering and upkeep checks etc.[msnwink]

I am trying to find out in advance the aircraft for the next week or so[msnsmile]

09-08-2005, 21:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
OMG! I was just watching the Virgin coming in to land and she did a very late aborted landing banking hard left (unusual type of aborted take off normally go straight) and power full on whilst bringing the wheels up - spectacular sight but I bet all the passengers were pooing themselves!![msnscared]
[/quote]

A BA Dash 8 called a full MAYDAY emergency straight after take off as it had a
problem with it's engine.
The controller told the Virgin 747 and Aer Lingus A320 to do an immediate
missed "Go Around" to get the Dash in ASAP.
The Dash turned around and landed only a few minutes later on 24R after
taking off 24L.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
09-08-2005, 21:36
The go around off an ILS approach on 24R is straight ahead to 750 feet or I-NN DME 0 and then right onto track 359 degrees, climbing to 3500 feet. There is no mention of a left turn - just curious what that was as it would take the aircraft more into conflict with the departing traffic off 24L? As a pilot myself I'm just curious.

10-08-2005, 01:03
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
The go around off an ILS approach on 24R is straight ahead to 750 feet or I-NN DME 0 and then right onto track 359 degrees, climbing to 3500 feet. There is no mention of a left turn - just curious what that was as it would take the aircraft more into conflict with the departing traffic off 24L? As a pilot myself I'm just curious.
[/quote]

Exactly John so you can imagine my surprise this morning, is was very impressive, it was as I stated above the Dash 8 departing had a full Mayday and ATC apparently told the Virgin and Shamrock to get the hell out and go ariund.

[msnwink]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
10-08-2005, 01:15
It always amazes me the turns aircraft have to do as soon as possible after take off at some US airports. Chicago O'Hare I recall seeing a B747 make a left turn literally as soon as the wheels have left the ground. An amazing sight and presumably part of the noise abatement procedures [msnsmile]

Not quite as impressive as the Canarsie departures of Concorde off 31L at JFK but very impressive nonetheless.

10-08-2005, 01:30
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
It always amazes me the turns aircraft have to do as soon as possible after take off at some US airports. Chicago O'Hare I recall seeing a B747 make a left turn literally as soon as the wheels have left the ground. An amazing sight and presumably part of the noise abatement procedures [msnsmile]

Not quite as impressive as the Canarsie departures of Concorde off 31L at JFK but very impressive nonetheless.
[/quote]

Don't start me off on Concorde departures out of JFK, I have sat in the flight deck many many times on both take off and landing at JFK - superb!!!

I also stood up (against all the rules) in the flight deck going into Kai Tak in Hong Kong when you had head for the chequered board before turning onto short finals, truly awesome!!![msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

11-08-2005, 10:57
Yesterdays aircarft was G-VROY Pretty Woman (Nova inflight entertainment) I would think she will be on route for the next few days at least based on past movements, so for anyone flying out today it should be on 'Pretty Women'

Happy flying[msnwink]

13-08-2005, 00:29
Yesterdays aircarft was G-VROY Pretty Woman (Nova inflight entertainment) I would think she will be on route for the next few days at least based on past movements, so for anyone flying out today it should be on 'Pretty Women'

Happy flying[msnwink]
[/quote]

Its still G-VROY for anyone flying out tomorrow its likely to be Pretty Woman again tomorrow[msnwink]

Aiminghigh
13-08-2005, 08:40
Thanks[msnwink]

20-08-2005, 13:19
Current aircraft on this route is G-VAST Ladybird (Odyssey)[msnwink]

ravtino
22-08-2005, 02:26
Yep we came back on Ladybird games etc sure we had more legroom center rows 32 we were 34 going out.

22-08-2005, 15:19
Yesterdays flight was still G-VAST Ladybird (Odyssey)[msnwink]

23-08-2005, 22:32
Its still G-VAST Ladybird (Odyssey)[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

25-08-2005, 00:03
She is still on the route..........G-VAST Ladybird (Odyssey)[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

25-08-2005, 23:55
As far as I know she is still on the route although that may change any day now...

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Mach 2/2005825195452_GVAST1.jpg

26-08-2005, 11:35
Its change its now G-VGAL Jersey Girl (Nova)[msnwink][msnwink]

28-08-2005, 12:24
Still G-VGAL Jersey Girl (Nova), nice day for flying today too, no wind, only some scattered high cloud and sunny[msnwink]

haras
01-09-2005, 13:37
Flying out tommorrow (Friday) any idea what aircraft is being used for this flight.

01-09-2005, 18:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by haras
Flying out tommorrow (Friday) any idea what aircraft is being used for this flight.
[/quote]

Its been G-VGAL Jersey Girl (Nova) all week so it maybe the same tomorrow, I will find out later what is was today for you, they change over in Orlando when they put a different aircraft on[msnwink]

02-09-2005, 11:41
Still G-VGAL Jersey Girl (Nova)[msnwink]

03-09-2005, 23:35
Yesterday it was still G-VGAL Jersey Girl (Nova)[msnwink]

04-09-2005, 15:50
Todays aircraft is G-VROS English Rose (Nova)[msnwink]

04-09-2005, 18:39
P.S she was and hour and a half late today too[msnwink]

05-09-2005, 11:38
G-VROS English Rose (Nova) landed at 0632 this morning so she should go out on time today[msnwink]

08-09-2005, 01:19
Its still G-VROS English Rose

15-09-2005, 23:02
Sorry I have not posted but G-VROM Barberella (Nova) has been on this route all week[msnwink]

17-09-2005, 00:29
Hot Lips is back on this route.............

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Mach 2/200551142432_HotLips.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Mach 2/200551141823_Virgin.jpg

G-VLIP Hotlips (Nova)
[msnwink]

20-09-2005, 10:06
Its still Hot Lips G-VLIP with Nova inflight entertainment[msnwink]

amy
22-09-2005, 10:00
Mach 2 is it still Hot lips this morning!!! And is she on time. We leave on the 10:30 fro man

22-09-2005, 10:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by amy
Mach 2 is it still Hot lips this morning!!! And is she on time. We leave on the 10:30 fro man
[/quote]

Hi Amy she should be on time as she is landing at 0640 in from Orlando this morning[msnwink] I will double check if its still Hot Lips[msnwink]

22-09-2005, 10:11
My source are still asleep but its more than likely still Hot Lips[msnsmile2]Have a wonderful time[msnwink]

22-09-2005, 10:35
Amy she has just landed, didn't have my binoculars and its still a bit dark so could not confirm if its still Hot Lips though[msnwink]

23-09-2005, 00:34
Amy, I tracked your flight over today ........you took off at 1034 am (UK) and landed at 2.09pm local time - hope you had a great flight[msnwink]

Katys Grandad
23-09-2005, 00:53
Julie

Not being a Virgin flyer for many years (nothing against them mind you), is there any significant differences between these planes?

23-09-2005, 01:17
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Katys Grandad
Julie

Not being a Virgin flyer for many years (nothing against them mind you), is there any significant differences between these planes?
[/quote]

No not really just the slight difference in the inflight entertainment, as you will see in my first post at the begining of this thread 5 aircraft have Nova and 2 have Odyssey[msnwink]

amy
23-09-2005, 04:46
We arrived today and flew on 'Hot Lips' and we where here 40 minutes early! A great flight and some good movies to help the time pass.

23-09-2005, 22:56
Well after all the disruption at MAN today VS75 took off at 1144am UK and is due to land at 2.39 EST not bad[msnwink]

25-09-2005, 12:28
Its still Hot Lip G-VLIP[msnwink]

27-09-2005, 00:21
G-VTOP Virginia Plain (Odyssey) is back on the route[msnwink] and she took off at 1041 and landed early at 2.18[msnwink]

28-09-2005, 10:06
Still G-VTOP[msnwink]

ste1010
28-09-2005, 13:50
Hoping its still VTOP on the 7th Oct although looking back at this thread it seems unlikely. Games will keep the kids happy!!

28-09-2005, 15:38
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ste1010
Hoping its still VTOP on the 7th Oct although looking back at this thread it seems unlikely. Games will keep the kids happy!!
[/quote]

Or G-VAST [msnwink]

ste1010
28-09-2005, 18:01
I have found a website (ringwayreports) which lists and archives scheduled movements. From this it appears that planes are normally rotated every 6 or 7 days so lets hope G-Vast is next on the list.

28-09-2005, 18:18
I have found a website (ringwayreports) which lists and archives scheduled movements. From this it appears that planes are normally rotated every 6 or 7 days so lets hope G-Vast is next on the list.
[/quote]

Ah Ha you found one of my sources[msnwink]

ste1010
28-09-2005, 20:17
I stumbled across this site after I had booked to go 2 years ago and found all sorts of horror stories about the Air Atlanta planes Virgin were using. Back thing the choice was TF-ATN or TF-ATF.

I remember the stories that Virgin were using unbranded AA planes which had seen better days. In the end we flew both ways on TF-ATN Honey Pie. Flights were fine even if the planes were 20+ years old.

28-09-2005, 22:22
I stumbled across this site after I had booked to go 2 years ago and found all sorts of horror stories about the Air Atlanta planes Virgin were using. Back thing the choice was TF-ATN or TF-ATF.

I remember the stories that Virgin were using unbranded AA planes which had seen better days. In the end we flew both ways on TF-ATN Honey Pie. Flights were fine even if the planes were 20+ years old.
[/quote]

Steve its not the age of the aircarft that's the problem its how they are maintained and handled, personally I do not like the way TCD/AA/Excel run their business or how they operate and maintain their aircraft. They are all part of the Avion Group. They are nicknamed the tail s[bad language filtered out]ers at MAN[msnscared]

I also don't like that they source their aircraft from lots of other airlines around the world, usualy when said airlines are replacing them with a newer fleet. With the likes of BA/Virgin they normally get the aircraft from new and keep them and maintain them for years so they know the history of each aircraft inside out, some of Arion group aircarft have had many owners before they get them hence they are often 20+ years old.

Virgin wet leased the TF- aircraft because they were waiting for a new delivery of 747-400's I think it was a mistake because they has so many complaints over the years that AA operated the route[msnwink]

28-09-2005, 23:55
As age of aircraft was mentioned above I thought you may all be interested to know the age of the aircraft on this route........

G-VLIP first flight 26 April 2001
G-VROM first flight 8 May 2001
G-VROY first flight 3 June 2001
G-VROS first flight 22 Feb 2001
G-VGAL first flight 5 April 2001
G-VAST first flight 5 June 1997
G-VTOP first flight 14 Jan 1997
[msnwink][msnwink]

ste1010
29-09-2005, 12:02
Totally appreciate that the age of the aircraft is not as important as how it has been maintained but I just find it a bit more reassuring that the planes are now newer and actually owned/maintained by Virgin. When you read stories about the state of the passenger cabins of some of Air Atlanta's older 747's it makes you wonder that if the bits you see get neglected what about the bits you dont see. I suppose thats where the regulatory bodies who licence Air Travel earn their money.

Anyway this is going off topic now so I will just hope for VTOP or VAST.

29-09-2005, 15:56
Totally appreciate that the age of the aircraft is not as important as how it has been maintained but I just find it a bit more reassuring that the planes are now newer and actually owned/maintained by Virgin. When you read stories about the state of the passenger cabins of some of Air Atlanta's older 747's it makes you wonder that if the bits you see get neglected what about the bits you dont see. I suppose thats where the regulatory bodies who licence Air Travel earn their money.

Anyway this is going off topic now so I will just hope for VTOP or VAST.
[/quote]

I know what you mean, I do too![msnwink]

Hope it is VTOP or VAST for you [msnwink]

Steve and Dawn
30-09-2005, 01:44
Hi Mach 2,

Do you, by any chance, have a contact at LGW? We fly out on sunday 9th October, VS27 and was wondering what IFE system we would get. I have tried V-flyer but thier schedule tool isn't working.

30-09-2005, 02:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Steve and Dawn
Hi Mach 2,

Do you, by any chance, have a contact at LGW? We fly out on sunday 9th October, VS27 and was wondering what IFE system we would get. I have tried V-flyer but thier schedule tool isn't working.

[/quote]

Steve and Dawn, The same aircraft rotate out of Gatwick so it will be Odyssey or Nova[msnwink]

30-09-2005, 09:53
Its G-VTOP at the moment[msnwink]

Fourdents
30-09-2005, 16:09
Sorry Mach 2 just dropped in on this thread....

can you recap on what V.Atl. are flying out of Gatwick. Thanks.

If they fly out in rotation I am trying to work out what type of plane I will get at the end of November....if that is possible !

Linda

30-09-2005, 16:28
Linda it should be the same as the ones out of MAN, they rotate them[msnwink]

G-VLIP Hotlips (Nova)
G-VROM Barberella (Nova)
G-VROY Pretty Woman (Nova)
G-VROS English Rose (Nova)
G-VGAL Jersey Girl (Nova)
G-VTOP Virginia Plain (Odyssey)

For your info........

NOVA
During the summer of 2001 Virgin took delivery of five 747-400 aircraft (the cancelled Alitalia order), these were fitted with an Inflight Entertainment system new to Virgin Atlantic supplied by Thales. The new product, called 'Nova' has 8 channels of seat back entertainment consisting of:
Movie channels
2 kids channels (featuring a combination of movies and tv programming)
1 TV channel which works on a cycle basis showing a selection of current TV programming
14 audio channels ranging from soul to Classical music
Moving Skymap display which plots the aircraft's flight path
Bulkhead Telephone
The Nova system is on a selection of LGW 747-400. As these aircraft have Suite fit-outs, they get "Super Nova" (an enhanced version of Nova, but it still ain't V:Port).
G-VGAL 747-443 Jersey Girl
G-VLIP 747-443 Hot Lips
G-VROM 747-443 Barbarella
G-VROS 747-443 English Rose
G-VROY 747-443 Pretty Woman

Odyssey is also a popular system, fitted on aircraft delivered between 1997 & 2002. It offers 10 movie channels, 8 TV channels, 2 kids channels, 14 audio channels and 35 Nintendo games.
G-VAST Ladybird
G-VTOP Virginia Plain

Happy Flying
[msnwink

04-10-2005, 09:59
Its still G-VTOP Virginia Plain (Odyssey)[msnwink]

ste1010
04-10-2005, 13:27
Keep me posted MACH2

Somehow I think it will be changed before friday as VTOP has been there for about 8 or 9 days which is the longest spell I can see on "your source"[msnwink].

Anyway, who cares, its only 8 hours and look whats waiting [msncool]

julieanne
04-10-2005, 13:30
Wonder which plane I'll get 25 days????? [msnwink] [msnwink] [msnwink]

04-10-2005, 15:39
I will keep you both posted!!

Wish I was going that soon[msnsad]

05-10-2005, 10:18
All change its G-VGAL 747-443 Jersey Girl with Nova[msnwink]

ste1010
05-10-2005, 12:41
Thanks for the info Mach2

With 2 days to go it looks like its going to be Jersey Girl for me.

With no games it looks like it will be 8 hours of "are we there yet" as TV doesn'thave the same attraction as games.

05-10-2005, 15:02
Thanks for the info Mach2

With 2 days to go it looks like its going to be Jersey Girl for me.

With no games it looks like it will be 8 hours of "are we there yet" as TV doesn'thave the same attraction as games.

[/quote]

You never know it could change, I have known it change after just one day[msnwink]

Get the Gameboys ready just in case[msnwink]

06-10-2005, 10:00
Still G-VGAL[msnwink]

ste1010
06-10-2005, 12:19
Mach2, Do you not sleep? :D

Anyway thanks for all your info over previous weeks.

I will give you a wave tomorrow morning at approx 10.25

06-10-2005, 15:05
Mach2, Do you not sleep? :D

Anyway thanks for all your info over previous weeks.

I will give you a wave tomorrow morning at approx 10.25
[/quote]

I have to get up at 0530 every morning, so much to do!!![msnwink]

Have a great flight and Yes I will give you a wave[msnwink]

07-10-2005, 09:57
It was G-VROY Pretty Woman (Nova) yesterday[msnwink]

08-10-2005, 12:57
Its still G-VROY Pretty Woman (Nova)[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

10-10-2005, 09:56
All change again its G-VAST Ladybird (Odyssey)[clap][clap][clap]

11-10-2005, 10:13
Still G-VAST[msnwink]

Paula D-S
11-10-2005, 10:25
Still G-VAST[msnwink]
[/quote]

I look at this page every day, but if I'm honest I haven't a clue what for. Is there much differrence in these planes.[msnwink]

Paula

Macka
11-10-2005, 12:33
Paula, I'm so glad someone said it, I look in here every day and I haven't a clue what they're on about either [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

I believe it's the aircraft equivalent of being a train spotter. With Julie being the sort of "Grand worshipful master" of the spotters.[msnwink]

Or, alternatively, it could be like the 39 steps, and she's sending encoded messages to counter-operatives in eastern europe.[msneek]

julieanne
11-10-2005, 13:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Macka
Paula, I'm so glad someone said it, I look in here every day and I haven't a clue what they're on about either [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

I believe it's the aircraft equivalent of being a train spotter. With Julie being the sort of "Grand worshipful master" of the spotters.[msnwink]

<span style="color:red">Or, alternatively, it could be like the 39 steps, and she's sending encoded messages to counter-operatives in eastern europe.[msneek]

..........</span id="red">
[/quote]

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

11-10-2005, 15:09

Or, alternatively, it could be like the 39 steps, and she's sending encoded messages to counter-operatives in eastern europe.[msneek]

[/quote]

Cheeky lot LOL!!!!

Its so people know which inflight entertainment they will get as one has games and one does not[msnembarrased]

I do like spotting though anything that gets me close to aircraft - sad I know but when you think for 20+ years I flew almost every day, it gets in the blood[msnwink]

Don't mention Eastern Europe Paul - I may have to [gun] you[msnwink]

Macka
11-10-2005, 15:15
Don't mention Eastern Europe Paul - I may have to [gun] you[msnwink]
[/quote]

Da Comrade. Spacieva.[msnwink]

Fourdents
11-10-2005, 15:31
Good gracious .....a Russian speaking CAT

Are we to get an episode of "The Puss Files "

11-10-2005, 15:37
Looks like it LOL!!![gun][gun]

julieanne
11-10-2005, 15:50
You do a grand job Julie.
I'm looking forward to you letting me know which plane I'll be on in 17 days!!! Although you will probably have to explain to me what it means [msnembarrased]

11-10-2005, 15:51
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by julieanne
You do a grand job Julie.
I'm looking forward to you letting me know which plane I'll be on in 17 days!!! Although you will probably have to explain to me what it means [msnembarrased]
[/quote]

No problem[msnwink]

Macka
11-10-2005, 16:00
Can you do BA flights as well Julie?

11-10-2005, 17:52
[/quote]

No they have too many aircraft and make too many changes[msnsad]

12-10-2005, 10:09
Shes back its G-VROY Pretty Woman (Nova) first flight 3 June 2001 and no Games[msnsad]

[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

Macka
12-10-2005, 11:24
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes I can see that. We were due to fly on a 777 for three years on the trot and always ended up with a 747. We were beginning to think that they didn't actually have any 777's, they were just pretending they did.[msnsmile2]

12-10-2005, 15:07
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes I can see that. We were due to fly on a 777 for three years on the trot and always ended up with a 747. We were beginning to think that they didn't actually have any 777's, they were just pretending they did.[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Last time I flew to Tampa it was a 777[msnwink]

wrxppp
13-10-2005, 17:47
<span style="font-family:Tahoma"></span id="Tahoma"><span style="color:purple"></span id="purple">
Hi Mach 2

I will be flying out of LGW on 5 Nov 12.30[clap][clap] is there any chance you could tell what the flight will be?

Jo[msnsmile2]

13-10-2005, 17:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wrxppp
<span style="font-family:Tahoma"></span id="Tahoma"><span style="color:purple"></span id="purple">
Hi Mach 2

I will be flying out of LGW on 5 Nov 12.30[clap][clap] is there any chance you could tell what the flight will be?

Jo[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Hi Jo,

Gatwick is more difficult to predict as there are more than one flights a day, however it will be one of the aircraft I have listed on this thread as they rotate from Gatwick to Manchester[msnwink]

14-10-2005, 15:07
Games are back as its G-VAST Ladybird (Odyssey)[msnwink][msnwink]

domster
16-10-2005, 13:31
Can you tell which plane we will be on from MAN -ORL on 3 Jan ?

16-10-2005, 16:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by domster
Can you tell which plane we will be on from MAN -ORL on 3 Jan ?
[/quote]

No its too far ahead, it will be one of the ones list at the start of the thread but I can't tell for sure till much nearer the time Dom[msnwink]

19-10-2005, 10:07
G-VGAL Jersey Girl (Nova) os back on route[msnwink]

domster
19-10-2005, 10:54
Now I thought you could see into the future!!!!

Will keep posted.

19-10-2005, 18:20
Now I thought you could see into the future!!!!

Will keep posted.
[/quote]

I wish!!!!! [msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

21-10-2005, 11:45
Its still G-VGAL Jersey Girl (Nova) so no games[msnwink]

julieanne
21-10-2005, 13:19
Hope we get games a week on Saturday [msnwink]
Keep me posted Julie [msnsmile2]

22-10-2005, 13:54
And its still G-VGAL Jersey Girl (Nova)[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

ste1010
22-10-2005, 16:19
Came back this morning on Jersey Girl. Excellent flight left on time and arrived about an hour or so early.

We flew out on the 7th on Pretty Woman. It was an uneventful flight until the landing. We were over the runway when the plot decided to pull up and go around as he had lost sight of the runway due to rain. When we finally got down it was absolutely chucking it down. fortunately that was about the only rain we saw

Whilst we were dropping the bags off at Manc'r the pilots were checking in. My boy (6) and girl (4) asked if they were going to fly the plane. Both of the pilots made a fuss of them. When we boarded the captain came on the PA and welcomed them onboard by name and referred to them as his new special friends. It made their day and was a lovely touch!!

Back to dreaming about the next trip now:(

22-10-2005, 20:55
Came back this morning on Jersey Girl. Excellent flight left on time and arrived about an hour or so early.

We flew out on the 7th on Pretty Woman. It was an uneventful flight until the landing. We were over the runway when the plot decided to pull up and go around as he had lost sight of the runway due to rain. When we finally got down it was absolutely chucking it down. fortunately that was about the only rain we saw

Whilst we were dropping the bags off at Manc'r the pilots were checking in. My boy (6) and girl (4) asked if they were going to fly the plane. Both of the pilots made a fuss of them. When we boarded the captain came on the PA and welcomed them onboard by name and referred to them as his new special friends. It made their day and was a lovely touch!!

Back to dreaming about the next trip now:(
[/quote]

Wonderful[clap][clap] Sounds like you had great flights[clap][clap]

Go arounds are not unusal and nothing to worry about, I had lots during my career and living near Man airport we see lots of them[msnwink]

23-10-2005, 13:34
Yes she is still on, its G-VGAL[msnwink]

ste1010
23-10-2005, 17:19
I wasn't too worried about going around as it has happened a couple of times before. Whenever anything 'different' happens on a flight I always look to the FA's to see their reaction. They were just laughing and carried on talking.

I remember once coming back from Sanford on a Monarch flight a couple of hours in the turbulence was pretty bad and the captain asked the FA's to secure the cabin and return to their seats.

We had Exit seats so I was sat talking to one of the FAs opposite. He said that he still did not like turbulence but never worried.

Being a bit of closet aviation freak I cannot recall seeing any records of a plane crashing due to C.A.T whilst cruising. Now windshear..........

23-10-2005, 21:08

Being a bit of closet aviation freak I cannot recall seeing any records of a plane crashing due to C.A.T whilst cruising. Now windshear..........
[/quote]

Don't go there[msnwink]

25-10-2005, 10:31
Games are back its G-VTOP Virginia Plain (Odyssey)[clap][clap][clap][clap]

julieanne
25-10-2005, 13:13
[/quote]

Looks like we'll be without games on Saturday then???

25-10-2005, 16:09
[/quote]

Looks like we'll be without games on Saturday then???
[/quote]

May not Julie, Last aircraft stay on the route for 8 days, I will keep checking[msnwink]

26-10-2005, 12:37
All change again but still with games (Julie) G-VAST Ladybird (Odyssey)[msnwink]

G-VAST first flight 5 June 1997[msnwink]

julieanne
26-10-2005, 13:17
Thanks Julie - we need games for 3 more days!!!!!

27-10-2005, 11:58
Still G-VAST Ladybird (Odyssey) so finger crossed Julieanne[msnwink][msnwink]

julieanne
27-10-2005, 13:37
Julie

Don't expect to get on here after today - so keep everything crossed that we get games.

I expect to see you waving at me when I look out of the plane window Saturday morning [msnwink] [msnwink]

28-10-2005, 13:17
G-VTOP Virginia Plain (Odyssey) was on yesterday so hopefully Julieanne will have games today
[msnwink]

29-10-2005, 13:03
And Yes its still G-VTOP Virginia Plain (Odyssey)
[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

01-11-2005, 22:39
G-VLIP 747-443 Hot Lips now on this route[msnwink] So no games[msnsad]

Paula D-S
02-11-2005, 02:25
Mum and Dad are flying out Thursday morning, they won't be too bothered about the games.

Also if you pre book seats with Virgin, when the aircraft changes does the seat configuration. When we go next year we have booked seats in the upper deck, my parents always fly Virgin PE and have never noticed upstairs.[msneek]

02-11-2005, 10:01
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caitlin
Mum and Dad are flying out Thursday morning, they won't be too bothered about the games.

Also if you pre book seats with Virgin, when the aircraft changes does the seat configuration. When we go next year we have booked seats in the upper deck, my parents always fly Virgin PE and have never noticed upstairs.[msneek]
[/quote]

Don't worry seat config stays the same Paula on this route as the aircraft are all the same[msnwink] We always travel Virgin PE too its great[msnwink]

Paula D-S
03-11-2005, 10:28
Is it still Hot Lips today Julie. Mum and Dad are all packed and ready to go.

03-11-2005, 11:11
Is it still Hot Lips today Julie. Mum and Dad are all packed and ready to go.

[/quote]

No, changed its G-VAST Ladybird (Odyssey)[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink] Hope they have a great time[msnsmile2]

imported_n/a
03-11-2005, 15:48
Take off monday 10.25 vs75 just hope a good flight.[msnsmile]
allenc[drinkbeer]

Paula D-S
03-11-2005, 17:30
Spoke to Mum and Dad earlier. Manchester announced the flight was on Jersey Girl?

03-11-2005, 18:41
Spoke to Mum and Dad earlier. Manchester announced the flight was on Jersey Girl?
[/quote]

Oh they must have had an aircraft change in Orlando last night[msnembarrased] Sorry about that[msnembarrased]

Paula D-S
03-11-2005, 20:11
It's ok Julie,
I just wanted to be a smart **** and tell them first. Ah well next time.[msnwink]

amy
13-11-2005, 18:31
Julie, Which plane was on route today?
We fly out in the morning VS075.
Will check back before we leave in the morning, all organised packed and checked in, just the dreaded M60 in the morning!

13-11-2005, 18:53
Will check back before we leave in the morning, all organised packed and checked in, just the dreaded M60 in the morning!
[/quote]

Can't confirm what aircraft it was today as I did not see her go and the web site has not updated[msnsad]

However Tuesday-Friday it was G-VROY Pretty Woman (Nova)
[msnwink]

julieanne
13-11-2005, 23:51
[/quote]

Can't confirm what aircraft it was today as I did not see her go and the web site has not updated[msnsad]

However Tuesday-Friday it was G-VROY Pretty Woman (Nova)
[msnwink]
[/quote]

We flew in this morning on Jersey Girl....

julieanne
13-11-2005, 23:58
G-VTOP Virginia Plain (Odyssey) was on yesterday so hopefully Julieanne will have games today
[msnwink]
[/quote]

Julie - we flew 29th and were on Hot Lips so no games [msnsad]

14-11-2005, 01:46
[msnwink]
[/quote]

Julie - we flew 29th and were on Hot Lips so no games [msnsad]
[/quote]

Typical[msnsad]

amy
15-11-2005, 06:42
Arrived following a safe flight an hour early on jersey girl and no games..........

and worse still they have stopped the Ben and jerries ice cream, they are giving cheapo choc ices out instead..

15-11-2005, 09:45
An hour early that's great!!!![clap][clap]

julieanne
15-11-2005, 14:30
Arrived following a safe flight an hour early on jersey girl and no games..........

and worse still they have stopped the Ben and jerries ice cream, they are giving cheapo choc ices out instead..

[/quote]

We didn't get any ice cream at all - even cheaper!!!! [V]

15-11-2005, 15:27

[/quote]

We didn't get any ice cream at all - even cheaper!!!! [V]
[/quote]

I bet the crew ate them[msnembarrased]

18-11-2005, 09:58
Wednesdays flight was G-VAST Ladybird (Odyssey) with games

Thursdays was G-VROM Barberella (Nova) without games

[msnsmile2]

Tmac
20-11-2005, 15:05
Any idea which plane we will be on from manchester tomorrow?
I know it was Virginia Plain yesterday.

rebekah.g
20-11-2005, 18:25
Havent any idea of the plane but have a nice time tom and denise

regards rebekah[msncool][msnwink]

20-11-2005, 19:15
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Tmac
Any idea which plane we will be on from manchester tomorrow?
I know it was Virginia Plain yesterday.
[/quote]

Not sure but it was G-VTOP Virginia Plain (Odyssey) again today
[msnwink] So good chance it will still be on tomorrow, they do the aircraft change out in MCO[msnwink]

imported_n/a
03-12-2005, 02:25
Just[msnsad] back from the good old us of a flew out on virgina plain and returned on hotlips i think all ok on both flights used the down town disney saved a lot of time at the airport long que,s to check in at mco.[?]only thing puzzleing us when we went out from ringway we where bused out to the plane that was on the apron miles away,took off 10mins late due to this.otherwise will be go again on virgin.
allenc

03-12-2005, 11:33
Yes it was G-VLIP Hotlips (Nova) on Tuesday and Wednesday and G-VTOP Virginia Plain (Odyssey) on Thurday and Friday

[msnwink]

09-12-2005, 15:19
Tuesday was G-VROY Pretty Woman (Nova)
Wednesday was G-VROS English Rose (Nova)
Thursday was G-VROM Barberella (Nova)

Happy Flying[msnwink]

ravtino
10-12-2005, 01:36
What should it be on Tues the 13th??

10-12-2005, 13:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ravtino
What should it be on Tues the 13th??
[/quote]

Very difficult to predict, it was G-VROM Barberella (Nova) again yesterday
[msnwink]

I will keep an eye on it and see what aircraft it is on Monday[msnwink][msnwink]

ravtino
11-12-2005, 00:48
Thanks

13-12-2005, 10:20
It was G-VGAL Jersey Girl (Nova) yesterday so good chance she still on today ravtino
[msnwink]

14-12-2005, 01:18
ravtino it looks like you were on G-VTOP Virginia Plain (Odyssey) today, at least you had games[msnwink]

Hope you had a good flight[msnsmile2]

14-12-2005, 23:36
Todays flight was G-VTOP Virginia Plain (Odyssey) again, any children travelling will be pleased as this aircraft has games
[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

big peachy
15-12-2005, 03:33
These are great updates Julie your a credit to the Fourm. Are the Virgin flights VS75 1025am promp on take off.

Thanks again in advance Peter

15-12-2005, 10:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by big peachy
These are great updates Julie your a credit to the Fourm. Are the Virgin flights VS75 1025am promp on take off.

Thanks again in advance Peter
[/quote]

Thank you Peter that is very kind of you to say[msnsmile]

I have not seen any major delays and as the weather has been quite clear lately the VS75 makes a nice sight to see taking off[msnwink]

16-12-2005, 10:05
Still G-VTOP Virginia Plain (Odyssey) yesterday[clap][clap]

Don't know if there will be any delays today as we have very strong winds gusting[msnsad]

Tonish
16-12-2005, 21:52
There's one Virgin flight per day from Manchester at the moment? I'm booked for July/August 2006 and there's two per day then (at least at the weekends).

Does this mean there will be a new plane on the route?

Tonish

18-12-2005, 14:18
Tonish there ar two flights a day next summer but no new aircarft are planned they will just 2 of the fleet they already use[msnwink]

ravtino
20-12-2005, 00:12
Yes we were on Virginia Plain but did not take off till 12!!!!

20-12-2005, 01:20
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ravtino
Yes we were on Virginia Plain but did not take off till 12!!!!
[/quote]

Oh No what caused the delay ??

ravtino
21-12-2005, 05:52
They told us FOG coming into Man, would you believe we were the second in the Q when it opened at 6 as our taxi was early, I think next time it will be an airport hotel as it was a killer of a day.

22-12-2005, 20:30
Well all this week it has been G-VAST Ladybird (Odyssey)
[msnwink]

ravtino
23-12-2005, 03:50
We are flying back on the 29th landing 30th[msnsad], so lets hope there is no fog!!!

eagleydo
24-12-2005, 03:17
Any idea on likely plane from Gatwick next Friday, we are on the 11.15 am flight?

24-12-2005, 11:52
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by eagleydo
Any idea on likely plane from Gatwick next Friday, we are on the 11.15 am flight?
[/quote]

All I can say Jan is that it will be one of list on page one of this thread.

I don't have any contacts or sources for Gatwick[msnembarrased]

I am sure you wll have a good flight though[clap][clap]

eagleydo
24-12-2005, 13:26
Always have a good flight Julie, one of the highlights of my trip, I love flying.

LiesaAnna
24-12-2005, 13:29
wish i could say that!![msneek] i love being in the air, but hate take off and landing scares me!!!![msnwink]

24-12-2005, 17:29
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by eagleydo
Always have a good flight Julie, one of the highlights of my trip, I love flying.
[/quote]

Me too Jan, I am having withdrawal symptoms at the moment, this is longest time in my adult life I have not flown, I told my hubby I wanted a plane ticket for Xmas[msnwink]

24-12-2005, 17:30
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
wish i could say that!![msneek] i love being in the air, but hate take off and landing scares me!!!![msnwink]
[/quote]

Liesa take off and landing are the best bits[msnwink]

eagleydo
25-12-2005, 15:03
I agree Julie, those are my favourite bits too. I had been frightened of heights for many years and was too scared to fly. 1999 I was tricked into a holiday in Ireland, believing until the day before that I was going by sea. I was terrified when I found out and tried to chicken out, but the boys wouldn't let me.(I was the manager of a very successful u/15 football team at the time and we had won every possible amateur honour and had been invited to play Ireland youth team)Any way next day we flew out after I had a few drinks to steady the nerves, air hostess was wonderful,sat by the window(if you are going to do something, do it properly) and we started to travel down the runway and then up into the air. How brilliant best ride ever, landing fantastic, the air hostess asked if I was ok and I said great but I wanted to take off again, that was it, I was hooked and the world was now open to me. Always looking up and want to be on every plane now.

LiesaAnna
26-12-2005, 14:08
i do like it in some ways but scared stiff in other ways!!!![msnwink]

27-12-2005, 14:48
Just watched the Vigin VS75 take off from my family room window, its rare that they take off this way but when they do we get a nice view, take of was at 1045[msnwink]

29-12-2005, 12:00
G-VLIP Hotlips (Nova) Sat Sun and Mon and G-VTOP Virginia Plain (Odyssey) Tues and Wed

[msnwink]

domster
29-12-2005, 12:15
We fly on Tue. does that mean our plane will have a games console? last time we never and I was gutted not being able to play PAC-MAN.

29-12-2005, 14:47
We fly on Tue. does that mean our plane will have a games console? last time we never and I was gutted not being able to play PAC-MAN.
[/quote]

Not sure yet Dom I will keep a check on whats happening on this route[msnwink]

31-12-2005, 00:31
All change yesterday and today it was G-VGAL Jersey Girl (Nova) - so no games
[msnsad]

ravtino
01-01-2006, 00:58
Jersey Girl on return today.

03-01-2006, 11:29
G-VGAL Jersey Girl (Nova) was on this route Sunday and Monday
[msnwink]

11-01-2006, 10:10
Monday and Tuesday was G-VLIP Hotlips (Nova)
[msnwink]

Last week it was G-VROS English Rose (Nova) Tues-Fri
[msnwink]

Susan J
12-01-2006, 18:04
We fly on 5th April - would love to know if we get a decent plane this year - last years old heap was awful :)

12-01-2006, 18:22
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Susan J
We fly on 5th April - would love to know if we get a decent plane this year - last years old heap was awful :)
[/quote]

What month did you travel last year Susan??

Stephen and Pam
13-01-2006, 01:47
What is flying currently we fly on Sat 28th

13-01-2006, 02:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Stephen and Pam
What is flying currently we fly on Sat 28th
[/quote]

Too far in advance to predict sorry, but it was G-VLIP Hotlips (Nova) yesterday
[msnwink]

Stephen and Pam
15-01-2006, 22:16
we will ask again on Friday the 27th with a bit of luck it will be same one on the Saturday[msnsmile2]

15-01-2006, 23:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Steve and Dawn
Hi Mach 2,

[/quote]

I don't have any contacts at LGW anymore but I can tell you it will be Odessey or Nova as they aue the same 7 aircraft at LGW and MAN, hopes this helps??
[msnwink]

Susan J
16-01-2006, 13:27
Julie,
Sorry for delay - I missed your answer - July last year [ same heap outward and inbound, was in PRem Econ, 1st Class was supposed to be booked solid from the time I booked[ but wasn't] my son had his first Migraine [yep great time to start] the day before, and it continued on the next day, but he agreed to struggle on the plane - I bought some of those Migraine Ice to put on his forehead in the airport [ great product] and of course, no one had any scissors to cut the packet open when he needed it - or even tried really. Kids were running up and down all the time, and screeching whilst he was trying to sleep it off - I did try and upgrade in the airport to first, so he could sleep - told booked solid, but wasn't - no games or anything - although in our case it wasn't needed. Not a good experience - very uncomfortable.

16-01-2006, 15:16
Susan can you remember the name of the aircraft?? All should have been quite new in July last year and it should have been one of these................

[msnwink]

Susan J
18-01-2006, 17:53
I would remember the name if you told me [ if you know what I mean] - I think it had Honey in it somewhere - will have to ask my son - I would say it was one of the latter two!! - some seats were leather some weren't if that helps?

18-01-2006, 18:22
Honey Pie, that was the old 200 that's gone now and the new ones are much better[msnwink]

23-01-2006, 10:25
Since last Wed its been G-VROY Pretty Woman (Nova)[msnwink] So no games this past week[msnsad]

Susan J
23-01-2006, 16:33
Honey Pie it was - thanks Julie - we will hope for better things this Easter!!

23-01-2006, 16:52
[/quote]

Oh Yes much better[msnwink]

AngelaB
24-01-2006, 22:52
We fly out of Manchester on the 4th Feb with Virgin, i wonder what aircraft it will be ??? hmm

25-01-2006, 00:37
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by AngelaB
We fly out of Manchester on the 4th Feb with Virgin, i wonder what aircraft it will be ??? hmm
[/quote]

I will let you know what it is on the 3rd and it will give you a good indication of what it might be on the 4th[msnwink]

Stephen and Pam
25-01-2006, 02:13
Was it still Pretty Woman today as we fly Sat

25-01-2006, 10:37
Was it still Pretty Woman today as we fly Sat
[/quote]

No its been G-VROM Barberella (Nova) first flight 8 May 2001 on Monday and Tuesday[msnwink]

Stephen and Pam
25-01-2006, 11:24
Thank you[msnsmile]

Susan J
26-01-2006, 20:30
[/quote]

Oh Yes much better[msnwink]
[/quote]
Are they all Gatwick ones used? Seats are booked in 6 7and 8 UC -not sure if they are good bad or indifferent, I just asked for quiet. Was going to check on Seat Guru, but don't know which model to check.

26-01-2006, 23:56
Here you go Susan J.............

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Mach 2/2006113202259_747-400-LGWsuites.gif

AngelaB
27-01-2006, 00:32
[/quote]

I will let you know what it is on the 3rd and it will give you a good indication of what it might be on the 4th[msnwink]
[/quote]

Thanks Julie [msnwink]

27-01-2006, 00:47
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks Julie [msnwink]
[/quote]

Remind me on the 3rd if I forget Angela[msnwink]

AngelaB
27-01-2006, 16:10
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks Julie [msnwink]
[/quote]

Remind me on the 3rd if I forget Angela[msnwink]
[/quote]

will do [msnwink]

30-01-2006, 14:15
Drove passed the airport this morning and the Virgin 747 was parked on the end stand close to the road, so its G-VLIP Hotlips (Nova) today[msnwink]

02-02-2006, 00:23
Monday and Tuesday it was G-VLIP Hotlips (Nova)[msnwink]

AngelaB
02-02-2006, 23:49
We are almost there now !!!!![msnsmile2]

03-02-2006, 01:09
I know Angela I bet you are really excited[msnwink]

Still waiting to here what it was today but yesterday it was still Hotlips G-VLIP with Nova inflight entertainment[msnwink]

AngelaB
03-02-2006, 13:39

Still waiting to here what it was today but yesterday it was still Hotlips G-VLIP with Nova inflight entertainment[msnwink]
[/quote]

Any ideas wot today is Julie??[msnsmile2]

03-02-2006, 14:33

[/quote]

Any ideas wot today is Julie??[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Just waiting to hear, let you know asap![msnwink]

03-02-2006, 15:05
Angela its G-VROY Pretty Woman (Nova) today!

She landed at 7.20 this morning from Orlando!

Here is a photo to get you even more excited!!!

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Mach 2/2005515173317_760638.jpg

03-02-2006, 15:49
For your info heres where shes been in the last few months.......

KNOWN FLIGHT HISTORY (ASSUMED FLIGHT MOVEMENTS IN GREY)

DATE FLIGHT FROM TO
30 Jan 06 11:15 AM VS029 LGW London Gatwick BGI Barbados
BGI Barbados LGW London Gatwick
30 Jan 06 10:00 AM VS029 LGW London Gatwick BGI Barbados
29 Jan 06 6:25 PM VS030 BGI Barbados LGW London Gatwick
MCO Orlando BGI Barbados
26 Jan 06 12:30 PM VS015 LGW London Gatwick MCO Orlando
25 Jan 06 4:05 PM VS044 LAS Las Vegas LGW London Gatwick
25 Jan 06 10:45 AM VS043 LGW London Gatwick LAS Las Vegas
24 Jan 06 6:25 PM VS030 BGI Barbados LGW London Gatwick
24 Jan 06 11:15 AM VS029 LGW London Gatwick BGI Barbados
24 Jan 06 10:00 AM VS029 LGW London Gatwick BGI Barbados
LAS Las Vegas LGW London Gatwick
16 Jan 06 10:45 AM VS043 LGW London Gatwick LAS Las Vegas
15 Jan 06 6:05 PM VS028 MCO Orlando LGW London Gatwick
15 Jan 06 11:15 AM VS027 LGW London Gatwick MCO Orlando
14 Jan 06 6:05 PM VS028 MCO Orlando LGW London Gatwick
13 Jan 06 11:15 AM VS027 LGW London Gatwick MCO Orlando
12 Jan 06 8:45 PM VS052 TAB Tobago LGW London Gatwick
12 Jan 06 11:30 AM VS051 LGW London Gatwick TAB Tobago
10 Jan 06 4:05 PM VS044 LAS Las Vegas LGW London Gatwick
10 Jan 06 10:45 AM VS043 LGW London Gatwick LAS Las Vegas
8 Jan 06 6:05 PM VS028 MCO Orlando LGW London Gatwick
8 Jan 06 11:15 AM VS027 LGW London Gatwick MCO Orlando
MCO Orlando LGW London Gatwick
7 Jan 06 12:30 PM VS015 LGW London Gatwick MCO Orlando
6 Jan 06 8:40 PM VS016 MCO Orlando LGW London Gatwick
6 Jan 06 12:30 PM VS015 LGW London Gatwick MCO Orlando
5 Jan 06 4:05 PM VS044 LAS Las Vegas LGW London Gatwick
5 Jan 06 10:45 AM VS043 LGW London Gatwick LAS Las Vegas
3 Jan 06 6:25 PM VS030 BGI Barbados LGW London Gatwick
3 Jan 06 11:15 AM VS029 LGW London Gatwick BGI Barbados
3 Jan 06 10:00 AM VS029 LGW London Gatwick BGI Barbados
2 Jan 06 4:30 PM VS062 NAS Nassau LGW London Gatwick
2 Jan 06 9:30 AM VS061 LGW London Gatwick NAS Nassau
1 Jan 06 6:25 PM VS030 BGI Barbados LGW London Gatwick
1 Jan 06 11:15 AM VS029 LGW London Gatwick BGI Barbados
1 Jan 06 10:00 AM VS029 LGW London Gatwick BGI Barbados
31 Dec 05 6:25 PM VS030 BGI Barbados LGW London Gatwick
31 Dec 05 11:15 AM VS029 LGW London Gatwick BGI Barbados
31 Dec 05 10:00 AM VS029 LGW London Gatwick BGI Barbados
29 Dec 05 8:45 PM VS052 TAB Tobago LGW London Gatwick
29 Dec 05 11:30 AM VS051 LGW London Gatwick TAB Tobago
27 Dec 05 6:05 PM VS028 MCO Orlando LGW London Gatwick
27 Dec 05 11:15 AM VS027 LGW London Gatwick MCO Orlando
MCO Orlando LGW London Gatwick
26 Dec 05 12:30 PM VS015 LGW London Gatwick MCO Orlando
25 Dec 05 8:40 PM VS016 MCO Orlando LGW London Gatwick
25 Dec 05 12:30 PM VS015 LGW London Gatwick MCO Orlando
23 Dec 05 8:40 PM VS016 MCO Orlando LGW London Gatwick
23 Dec 05 12:30 PM VS015 LGW London Gatwick MCO Orlando
22 Dec 05 4:05 PM VS044 LAS Las Vegas LGW London Gatwick
22 Dec 05 10:45 AM VS043 LGW London Gatwick LAS Las Vegas
21 Dec 05 6:05 PM VS028 MCO Orlando LGW London Gatwick
21 Dec 05 11:15 AM VS027 LGW London Gatwick MCO Orlando
20 Dec 05 8:40 PM VS016 MCO Orlando LGW London Gatwick
20 Dec 05 12:30 PM VS015 LGW London Gatwick MCO Orlando
19 Dec 05 4:05 PM VS044 LAS Las Vegas LGW London Gatwick
19 Dec 05 10:45 AM VS043 LGW London Gatwick LAS Las Vegas
18 Dec 05 4:35 PM VS064 HAV Havana LGW London Gatwick
18 Dec 05 9:30 AM VS063 LGW London Gatwick HAV Havana
17 Dec 05 6:05 PM VS028 MCO Orlando LGW London Gatwick
17 Dec 05 11:15 AM VS027 LGW London Gatwick MCO Orlando
15 Dec 05 8:45 PM VS052 TAB Tobago LGW London Gatwick
15 Dec 05 11:30 AM VS051 LGW London Gatwick TAB Tobago
13 Dec 05 6:05 PM VS028 MCO Orlando LGW London Gatwick
12 Dec 05 12:30 PM VS015 LGW London Gatwick MCO Orlando
LAS Las Vegas LGW London Gatwick
11 Dec 05 10:45 AM VS043 LGW London Gatwick LAS Las Vegas
MCO Orlan

Stephen and Pam
03-02-2006, 19:35
Hi All we flew out to Orlando on Pretty Women on Sat 28th Manchester to Orlando and the inflight entertainment froze about half way into flight. It was still good to get here though[msnsmile]

AngelaB
03-02-2006, 19:55

[/quote]

Thanks Julie, is Nova the more up to date entertainment system??

Kind Regards

04-02-2006, 02:22

[/quote]

Thanks Julie, is Nova the more up to date entertainment system??

Kind Regards
[/quote]

It does not have games[msnsad]

You never know they may change the aircraft over in orlando so yours may change again by tomorrow, if Im up early enough I will find out which one comes in tomorrow morning[msnwink]

Have a great time!!!!

AngelaB
04-02-2006, 09:43
Thanks Julie think we will be able to live without the games he he ......we fly at 10.25 this morning. Thanks for your help, seeya when we get back........[msnwink]

04-02-2006, 13:03
Thanks Julie think we will be able to live without the games he he ......we fly at 10.25 this morning. Thanks for your help, seeya when we get back........[msnwink]
[/quote]

Have a great time, they are taking off this way today so I will wave to you!!!![clap][clap][clap]

MarkJan
04-02-2006, 13:59
OK, what will be flying out of Manchester on 21st March (apart from my golf clubs, wife and me)?

04-02-2006, 14:41
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MarkJan
OK, what will be flying out of Manchester on 21st March (apart from my golf clubs, wife and me)?
[/quote]

Errrm one of the aircraft listed on page one of this thread[msnwink]

04-02-2006, 14:42
Just saw Angela go over at 1035, she wont see much as she was in the mist at about 2000 feet!

Have a great flight Angela[clap][clap][clap]

Stephen and Pam
06-02-2006, 11:33
Pretty Woman went to Gatwick on sunday and Jersey Girl came to Manchester and the entertainment system worked all the way[clap][clap]

06-02-2006, 15:03
Pretty Woman went to Gatwick on sunday and Jersey Girl came to Manchester and the entertainment system worked all the way[clap][clap]
[/quote]

That great news!!![clap][clap][clap]

09-02-2006, 21:56
Wed was G-VROY Pretty Woman (Nova)[msnwink]

10-02-2006, 23:50
G-VAST Ladybird (Odyssey) yesterday and today, so some happy people had games [clap][clap][clap]

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Mach 2/200621020124_VAST.jpg

11-02-2006, 13:11
Todays flight is G-VROM Barberella (Nova) she came on on time this morning[msnwink]

No games today [msnsad]

13-02-2006, 13:49
Just been to drop hubby at the airport and the Virgin was sitting on the end stand next to the road..........so I can confirm its G-VROM Barberella (Nova) today[msnwink]

16-02-2006, 11:51
G-VLIP Hotlips (Nova) today[clap][clap][clap][clap]

17-02-2006, 11:36
Its G-VGAL Jersey Girl (Nova) today she is estimated in from Orlando at 0750 this morning[msnwink]

17-02-2006, 11:57
G-VGAL Jersey Girl (Nova) just landed half an hour late at 0750[msnwink]

19-02-2006, 13:17
Today flight is on G-VGAL Jersey Girl (Nova)[msnwink]

24-02-2006, 00:10
Sorry this is a bit late but it was G-VGAL Jersey Girl (Nova) today[msnwink]

Paula D-S
24-02-2006, 01:36
Mum and Dad are flying out tomorrow morning, I will be watching to check they have got off on time, so sorry Julie you can't go out tomorrow until you have let me know[msnwink]
Thanks

24-02-2006, 16:22
Mum and Dad are flying out tomorrow morning, I will be watching to check they have got off on time, so sorry Julie you can't go out tomorrow until you have let me know[msnwink]
Thanks
[/quote]

No problem, are you going to wave them off?? Actually my daughter has an open day at school so I will be passing at about 9.30 so I will look out for them[msnwink]

It went on time today as I saw it fly over at about 10.40[msnwink]

Hubby says he will take vid cam and try to recorde them taking off[msnwink]

Paula D-S
24-02-2006, 20:03
Julie,
I posted this last night, they left this morning[msnsad]

24-02-2006, 20:30
Julie,
I posted this last night, they left this morning[msnsad]
[/quote]

OMG what am I like!!![msnscared][msnscared] I am so sorry, well at least they got off on time because I saw it go over this morning[msnwink]

Paula D-S
25-02-2006, 03:14
Parents had a great trip, I think they said it was Jersey Girl, Dad thinks she is looking a little tired[zzz] they flew PE and were at the villa by 4.30[clap]

djdigitald
26-02-2006, 00:13
I flew home on Ladybird from oralndo arriving at Gatwick Friday 24th at 8.30am, she was late!

26-02-2006, 00:39
They do seem to be late more often at Gatwick than at Manchester[msnscared]

Hope it didn't spoil the wedding though!

26-02-2006, 15:32
It was G-VROS English Rose (Nova) today and she has just gone over and she is over an hour late!!!!![msnmad]

28-02-2006, 10:11
Todays aircraft is G-VROM Barberella (Nova) she is due into Manchester at 0705[msnwink] Due out 1025[msnwink]

13-03-2006, 14:48
Just drove passed the airport around 10.00am and the virgin 747 was on the end stand with the passengers just walking up the steps in the freezing cold, they will be warm soon though eh!

Todays aircraft is G-VLIP Hotlips (Nova)[msnwink]

haras
13-03-2006, 17:19
Do they ever use there Airbus aircraft on these flights.

13-03-2006, 18:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by haras
Do they ever use there Airbus aircraft on these flights.
[/quote]

No, they did for the first few flights that operated out of Manchester but for the last 7 years its always a 747, and now they use the 747-400's[msnwink]

Susan J
18-03-2006, 14:57
Are they still using that awful gate where you have to walk up the steps - you are windblown on a nice day!!
Is there a pattern emerging yet Julie? I am flying out on Weds 5th April, and am praying they have computer games on board, to keep others children quiet :D

18-03-2006, 16:33
Are they still using that awful gate where you have to walk up the steps - you are windblown on a nice day!!
Is there a pattern emerging yet Julie? I am flying out on Weds 5th April, and am praying they have computer games on board, to keep others children quiet :D
[/quote]

No most of this week she has been on a proper stand[msnsmile2]

I will check what aircraft it is this week so far and up to Tuesday before you go[msnwink]

lynsey
18-03-2006, 20:30
hiya julie,

we are flying out of manchester on friday 31st march - do your psychic powers run that far ahead, to predict which plane we will be on?

i'm soooo excited!!!

lynsey.[:X][:X]

MarkJan
19-03-2006, 02:23
Jules, we are flying on the 21st, do you know what plane that is and are all the engines and brakes working? [msnscared]

19-03-2006, 03:06
Hi Mark and Lyndsay, sorry can't predict the future but you can get an idea from the past......

March

1 G-VROM
2 G-VROY
3 G-VROY
4 G-VAST
5 G-VAST
7 G-VAST
8 G-VROM
9 G-VROY
10 G-VGAL
11 G-VLIP
12 G-VLIP
12 G-VLIP
13 G-VLIP
14 G-VROM
15 G-VROM
16 G-VLIP
17 G-VLIP
18 G-VGAL

As you will see from previous post only G-VAST Ladybird and G-VTOP Virginia Plain both have Odyssey inflight entertainment systems which include games.

However Mark and Jan all the aircraft are fairly new so you will be OK as far as all the engines and brakes working[msnwink] See below for each aircrafts first flight dates.......

Happy Flying!

MarkJan
19-03-2006, 12:00
Thanks for the prompt response!

19-03-2006, 12:43
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MarkJan
Thanks for the prompt response!
[/quote]

No problem I will keep you posted nearer your departure date and it will give you a better idea of what aircraft you may get[msnwink]

wendyd
19-03-2006, 15:41
We have flown with Virgin on our last 3 trips to Orlando and we have had games on all our flights.
I am flying out on the 22nd March and am trying out First Class i carn't wait. I just hope we have no delays this time i lost a days holiday last Dec. ;)

19-03-2006, 17:21
She was an hour late from Manchester today[msnsad]

Susan J
19-03-2006, 18:13
Thanks for your earlier reply Juile - look forward to the update :D Am going PE out and FC back, so hope it is quieter than last July [honestly - little kids running up and down PE, it was dreadful]

20-03-2006, 10:01
Thanks for your earlier reply Juile - look forward to the update :D Am going PE out and FC back, so hope it is quieter than last July [honestly - little kids running up and down PE, it was dreadful]
[/quote]

FC is very nice Susan[msnwink]

lynsey
20-03-2006, 13:52
thanks also julie,

will keep an eye on your postings nearer the time.

lynsey.xxx.

22-03-2006, 01:34
Todays aircraft was G-VROY Pretty Woman (Nova)[msnsmile]