PDA

View Full Version : QUALITY INN INTERNATIONAL / INT DRIVE :-(

orlando_4_me
07-08-2005, 20:55
We have just returned from a 3 week holiday to Florida and stayed at the Quality Inn International, International Drive Orlando.

The accomodation as expected was basic but ok for our needs.

We did however encounter problems with the guests of the hotel.
For two and a half weeks of the holiday we were subjected to constant noise upto 2.20am in the morning from a group of over a hundred Brazil School kids aged approx 15+. The group were supervised by teachers who let them do whatever. We found ourselves complaining to the hotel on a daily basis and we were told that security would deal with any noise. This did not happen.

I do not know why a hotel rents out over a hundred rooms to a school group and promotes itself as a family hotel. Perhaps a rename to youth hostel may be more fitting.

The Brazil kids were not the only group to stay there, we also saw groups of USA Basketball / Baseball teams staying there.

[msnsad] MATT

07-08-2005, 21:15
Sorry to hear this, but next time stay in a villa!!!![msnwink]

chrizzy100
07-08-2005, 21:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by orlando_4_me
We have just returned from a 3 week holiday to Florida and stayed at the Quality Inn International, International Drive Orlando.

The accomodation as expected was basic but ok for our needs.

We did however encounter problems with the guests of the hotel.
For two and a half weeks of the holiday we were subjected to constant noise upto 2.20am in the morning from a group of over a hundred Brazil School kids aged approx 15+. The group were supervised by teachers who let them do whatever. We found ourselves complaining to the hotel on a daily basis and we were told that security would deal with any noise. This did not happen.

I do not know why a hotel rents out over a hundred rooms to a school group and promotes itself as a family hotel. Perhaps a rename to youth hostel may be more fitting.

The Brazil kids were not the only group to stay there, we also saw groups of USA Basketball / Baseball teams staying there.

[msnsad] MATT
[/quote]

We're used to it ....because we take over hotels with our Ice Hockey teams......the boys behave pretty well seeing as we take so many........and we can spend time catch up with each other in the bar.....its worth asking before booking if they take school parties......because a lot of school do trips to Orlando all year round.......

chrizzy100
07-08-2005, 21:51
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
[/quote]

Thing is...you can get the same anywhere.... we had a basket ball team staying in a villa near us......the group had a few villas all over from the amount of cars and vans pulling up every day......I don't mind the noise myself.....its better than hearing just crickets.....24/7.........:D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
07-08-2005, 22:57
It's a lot more likely to happen in a hotel though. We had a similar experience in 1999 in a Florida hotel and it was just awful.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
[/quote]

Thing is...you can get the same anywhere.... we had a basket ball team staying in a villa near us......the group had a few villas all over from the amount of cars and vans pulling up every day......I don't mind the noise myself.....its better than hearing just crickets.....24/7.........:D
[/quote]

07-08-2005, 23:01
[/quote]

[/quote]

I have been going to Florida since '83 and never heard much more than wild life when staying in a villa!!! Bliss!!!![msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

chrizzy100
08-08-2005, 00:31
[/quote]

[/quote]

I have been going to Florida since '83 and never heard much more than wild life when staying in a villa!!! Bliss!!!![msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
[/quote]

It was so far just the one time......but then again...I've never had any trouble in a hotel.....its just luck and that owners don't like to rent to younger parties.....I like having people around....the quiet gets old quick......here on Cape right now...all the summer homes have the owners in them...the holiday homes are rented.....I feel like I'm not the only person on the plant once again......all the rental and temp kids are playing in the street.....it reminds me of the UK.....I miss the sound of kids playing.....its sometimes very quiet in FL too....I'm hoping that will end and more homes will be rented out.....we have a lot of locals......but its still so quiet......most of the time I'll add.....[msnsmile]

orlando_4_me
08-08-2005, 02:19
Its a Villa for us next time i think :-)

To rent out over a hundred rooms to one school party is a bit much .

MATT

Ray&Sarah
08-08-2005, 02:23
You won't regret booking a villa Matt.[msnsmile2]

We stayed at the Quality Inn International on our first trip to Orlando, it was fine, pretty much what we expected. But then we rented a villa and haven't looked at a hotel in Florida since.:D

blott
08-08-2005, 03:39
We had this happen to us in 1998 (not the same hotel as yours) and we were among about 6 'ordinary' guests and more than 100 Brazilian school children. Never again, it was a nightmare, they were everywhere screaming and shouting!

Never come across any noise whatsoever when staying in a villa in the past ten years - as Mach 2 has said, either complete silence or just the critters. :)

SunLover
08-08-2005, 05:10
Have to agree with the others ~ villas give you peace, tranquility and privacy.

One of the last times we stayed in a hotel in Florida (several years ago) we didn't have school kids, but lets just say a rather amorous and apparently athletic young couple next door making whoopee all night [:O][:I]

Cruella DeVilla
08-08-2005, 11:08
I really detest the inconsideration of people like this. Did you not ask to move? When we closed on the villa we had to stay in a hotel and booked out after one night due to it being a Virgin hotel (which we had not realised) and it was full of screaming, dive bombing kids whose parents did not seem to care.

Re noise at the villas, it would not be tolerated after the first or second time, Sheriff gets called, noise stops.. end of story

pieman790
08-08-2005, 12:34
I personally would have called security and if they didnt do anything call the Police. The teachers/parents have a moral duty to control children and im sure the Police would be more than happy to assist.
We stayed at this hotel 8 years ago and yes it is basic but is in a good location for attractions/restuarants/shops etc. The only problem we had was with cockroaches. Dont know how they got into our room as we were on the third floor.

orlando_4_me
08-08-2005, 16:14
We complained to security on several occassions, they did have a word with them but as soon as security left they were out of their rooms and making loads of noise.

The group were returning at times such as 1.00am, so you can imagine the noise of a hundred + kids.

Never again !! A villa for me :-)

MATT

becbecs
08-08-2005, 16:19
Good choice Matt

A Villa will give you the space, piece and quiet and that little extra that Hotels arn't able to offer.

Cruella DeVilla
08-08-2005, 16:20
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by orlando_4_me
We complained to security on several occassions, they did have a word with them but as soon as security left they were out of their rooms and making loads of noise.

The group were returning at times such as 1.00am, so you can imagine the noise of a hundred + kids.

Never again !! A villa for me :-)

MATT
[/quote]

Matt,

Put it in writing to the head office of the hotel chain and word it strongly!

Rocco
08-08-2005, 16:50
I had a holiday in a hotel in St. Cloud like this once too. Except everyone who appeared to be there, was going to some fishing competition so it was boats on the back of every truck. No where to park and if you did manage to get a space then you couldn't back out because of the boats everywhere. And the men came back stinking like the sea and old cod.

Villas only after that one.

09-08-2005, 10:56
My first trip in '83 was a mixuture of motel in Clearwater, Lakeside 'villa' in Disney and Hotel at Sand Key in Clearwater, all of them were lovely, no problems but they lack so so much more that villas give you, the privacy, the tranquility, the SPACE, the facilities, your own pool the list is just endless and I love it!!!![clap][clap][clap][clap]

Genie
09-08-2005, 13:24
We also stayed at the Quality in 1993 and were on the bottom floor of the block near the pool , there was a party of shool children staying then and they were in the rooms above us. They thought it was great fun to run backwards and forwards along the balcony till all hours shouting and messing about.
After owning a villa now for a year I for one would certainly be loath to stay in hotels any more.