PDA

View Full Version : We will be back!

SHEEP
03-05-2003, 02:35
Hi all just thought i'd drop a line to say howdy,How are you all,Its been a while since i had chance to see whats happening in the Florida World been busy setting up my new business and its ALL YOUR FAULT[8D]if it wasnt for this site i wouldnt have gone to Florida,If i hadnt gone to Florida i wouldnt be desperate to go back,If i wasnt desperate to go back i wouldnt be setting up a business to pay for more trips to 'Home' so thanks very much i now hardly see the family i dont eat properly i havent slept well in weeks(Jeff you owe me):),and i havent felt this happy for years,so i WILL see you Sunny side before you can say renewmetalfinishing.co.uk lol(all proceeds go to keeping family sane).
Hopefully speak to you all soon
Sean and getting bigger Clan

steph_goodrum
03-05-2003, 10:56
Do we take it congratulations are in order then Sean? Nice to hear from you again.
We did warn you from the outset that Florida was totally addictive but it's one prescription I'm sure you won't mind taking regularly. I can see another homeowner joining us in a few years time, that's how we all started. And the good or bad news depending if you're looking at it from emotional or financial perspective is, for the majority of us, IT DOESN@T WEAR OFF, but you do get withdrawal symptoms if you don't keep up the medication.
Hope all goes well with your daughter next month, don't forget to keep us posted.

Harmony
03-05-2003, 13:40
Welcome back Sean,

I knew you would not be able to stay away too long. Wish you all the best of luck with the new business and hope it does enable you to get a few more fixes for your Florida addiction ;) It only seems to take that one visit to get completly hooked. There's no need to thank me :D I just wanted you to have the sleepless nights I have since purchasing our home in the sun. Have you got to the stage of dreaming of months without end, enjoying to wonders of Florida. [8D] How do the rest of the family feel about it [?]

Just had a look at your web site and a thought came to mind that perhaps you could pay for your next stay at Harmony by Gold plating all the metal work ;). I'm no expect on web sites so please feel free to ignore this next comment, but I found the text on your page a little difficult to read on the heavy background.

Look forward to hearing more from you. Please give our best to the rest of the family.

Jeff

SHEEP
06-05-2003, 01:41
Hi Steph and Jeff,thanks for all the Medical jokes Steph:D:D,our oldest daughter went for her heart op 2 weeks ago(cancellation)unfortunately they couldnt do it via the groin as the hole was to big so she has to wait 2 months and then have open heart:(,but i am sure everything will be fine and we will be planning our next trip before we know whats happening,As to buying our own villa, well i am determined to make the business work so maybe in 5-10 years who knows:),i just know ive got to go back the kids are driving ne nuts,The kids were talking the other day one of their friends is moving to the countryside and Caroline was heard to say well when we were in America we stayed in a village!!!, she meant villa...bless lol so if you fancy doing a deal on 24 carat gold taps etc jeff give me a ring:DIm sure we can strike a deal,especially with the flight prices at the moment very very nice lol
See you all soon
Sean and Clan

steph_goodrum
06-05-2003, 02:28
It's a shame they couldn't fix it the "easy" way, if there is such a thing Sean but hopefully it will get sorted next time. It's always worrying with any operation , my friends son had major heart surgery having not just a hole but one half totally malfunctioning and they had to do several open heart ops on him between the ages of 3 and 15 but he's 28 now and just become a dad for the first time so once they've done their work hopefully Caroline will be sorted.
When you said the clan was getting bigger I thought you meant there was another one on the way.

Harmony
06-05-2003, 12:22
Hi Sean,

Sorry to learn you are still waiting for your daughters op [V] Dallas had her heart bypass and valve replacement last October at Harefield hospital and was discharged FIVE days later. After a seven hour op she was sitting up and demanding her dinner within hours. What the doctors can do today is just wonderful. Unfortunately she was one of the rare cases that get post operative infections, and she ended up having two further op's.

Next week Dallas is considered to be fit and healthy again and is starting fulltime working again. Apart from the scar you would not believe she'd had major heart surgery. In five weeks we are planning to go back out to Harmony ourselves and we can't wait:D

It was a worrying time for us but it was reassuring how the hospital treated it as just routine. The staff were wonderful and I can't praise them highly enough. I'm sure your daughter will be fine and you'll soon be able to look back and relax.

All the best to you all.

Jeff

SHEEP
06-05-2003, 13:36
Thanks:)I am sure she will be fine,We try to put a brave face on but of course we are worried,but you are right these things are treated as routine nowadays,so we are trying to look beyond to our next trip,hopefully next year with luck and lots of money:D:D,we find we talk about it almost everyday even with the babies being ill it was just fantastic and i suppose we got to experience "normal life" for the time they were ill and do normal things which made it even more special somehow?:),i think i mean we felt more american?,but anyway thanks for the support as usual and im glad Dallas is fit and well Jeff
p.s no no no Steph the Clan is definately not going to increase in numbers,i think four daughters is enough for any man,think of the wedding bills:(
Sean and not getting bigger clan.:D

steph_goodrum
06-05-2003, 15:05
I'm glad you cleared that up Sean, :D

mm69340
06-05-2003, 15:38
I HAD to jump in here when Sean claimed 4 daughters was enough!!!

[:p]

COME ON SEAN!!!! You can do it!!! We have 5 DAUGHTERS!!! (Oh- and one LONE son) 5 isn't much more than 4! Just buy them all ladders - for the elopement ! ;)

That's my two cents! We will also keep your daughters in our prayers!

Have a great day!!!

brianthebare
06-05-2003, 16:35
Sean: our thoughts and prayers are with you all too.

Best Regards,
Brian.

brianthebare
06-05-2003, 16:37
Karen:

WE only have 1 daughter, called Sarah. She's 7 and boy does she have an attitude at the moment. You may not understand this (UK joke) - we call her KEVIN (after Kevin the teenager). I could not cope with anymore. At least I have our son on my side. Actually, Sarah switches sides to suit her requirements come to think of it - ring any bells with anyone..LOL

Does your husband have any hair left?

Regards,
Brian.

mm69340
06-05-2003, 17:03
Brian!

I don't think it is just your daughter. We also have a SARAH!! She is the MIDDLE child. I think it is the name!!! She is a pistol! When you said does it ring any bells I laughed- her full name is Sarah Belle!!!

Luckily he does, but mine goes WHITER by the day! I should mention our children are 9 and younger (and no, none of them are twins;) )

I forgot to mention My Sarah will be 7 in October, so maybe it is the age- not the name[:p]

brianthebare
06-05-2003, 17:10
He He Karen,

You didn't call one of them Michelle did you?

My my, you were a busy little bee weren't you [:I].

My mom had 4 in 3 years but the first 2 were twins. 18 months later my sis came along and me 18 months after that. I'm mom's little baby (and I'm 41!).

Come to think of it, 'the wife' has grey hair and it never used to be, I'm nearly bald now .. LOL

It must be that 7 going on 13 age then.

Take Care,
Brian.

Carla
06-05-2003, 18:35
Mine's nearly 15, and right now I'd swap her for anything!! Have even considered Ebay, except you have to pay to sell something and I know that no one with any experience will buy her, so it would be a waste of money!!!

All I can say is make the most of 7 because it is mostly downhill from there on!! By the time they are double that in age, then the attitude has quadrupled x 6 at least!!

The only thing that keeps me going is that eventually she will grow up and become a lovely person, like her brother managed to do. It just all seems such a long, long, long way away..........

brianthebare
06-05-2003, 19:15
Oh, you really know how to boost a father's confidence and outlook don't you Carla :D;)

Brian.

porky
06-05-2003, 20:22
Carla,

Mine is now 18 and I couldn't agree with you more:D She's away from home now and I think that's more hassle than having her here. At least I knew what she was up to and she spoke - well grunted really:D Now I'm lucky if I get a phione call from her, unless of course she's run out of money - a bit like that advert where money is dropping from the trousers of a youth. Oh how true that little ode is[8)]

Jacqui

SHEEP
06-05-2003, 23:53
Thanks for all your "Sensible"?? advise :Dand for settling any fears or worries about having four girls i now feel more terrified than i ever have, in fact im moving to the shed before it gets any worse:):)at least that will prevent anymore girls lol,although Jackie still wants to try for a boy,i mean look what happened last time "TWINS",at this rate i will never be able to afford to go to Florida again it would mean chartering a complete flight
Sean and never never anymore Clan

Carla
07-05-2003, 00:29
Swap one of your girls for a boy, Sean!! I know someone who has several lads and I am sure that she'll happily spare you one!! Especially the middle one. :D:D

I feel that you and Brian should be made aware of just what is waiting around the corner for you!!! At least you both have time to make some contingency plans. DON'T leave it until it's too late. :D:D

mm69340
07-05-2003, 00:40
SEAN ...

GO FOR THE BOY!! The fifth time is a CHARM!!! We have- in order
Rachel- Hannah- Sarah- Abigail--- JOSHUA---- Grace!

Come on Sean- You can do it!!!! And we didn't have any Twins! I had to endure 6 deliveries!!!

When I read things on older girls, it makes me thank God for now and appreciate the little things-

;) My 9 year old just went outside in short-shorts and it is only 60 degrees out! YIKES

brianthebare
07-05-2003, 00:52
Karen:

Short shorts in 60 degs. That's not soo bad, shirley (sorry, that Airplane film will stay with me forever) :). Yesterday I took the dog for a walk on my fav UK beach. It was 62degs and windy but sunny most of the time - oh, and I was wearing marginally less than short shorts ;)

Last Sept I took the step to ensure I have nore kiddies - im honestly really grateful for the 2 oiks we've been blessed with :)

fiona
07-05-2003, 01:33
I have 2 teenage daughters aged 17 (18 next month) and 14½. I am absolutely shattered this evening. Got back from a shopping expedition for me and ED for our Ascot (races) outfits. I'm going 2 days running with same guests from last year on both days so have to have new outfits - full monty(!) from last year.

Came back with 1 suit and a jacket to jazz up last years dress - so must try harder! Had to spend what seemed like the whole evening looking for ED as what she had picked out from Mango and what I liked were like opposite ends of the earth! Luckily I persuaded her what I liked suited her best (these old mother tricks are THE best!!).

Chris asked how much had that set him back tonight and I said I can't remember I gave up after the first couple of hundred!!

And, we still have hats, shoes and bags to go. ED decided she liked a hat that was a snip at £179, I told her somewhat firmly we were trying cheaper shops or a hire shop. As I had manfully resisted spending £129 on a hat to tart up last year's outfit I thought this was only fair.

Sunday we hit the shoe shops! This is just to reassure you guys with young girls just what you have to look forward to!

SHEEP
07-05-2003, 01:46
Sorry but you are all mad and are in need of obvious medical help, personally i blame to much exposure to the Florida sun and suggest you all give me your keys to villa's and any unused flights which of course are transferable i will in turn enjoy your villas to the best of mine and the clans abilities and as im feeling generous i wont charge......any takers:):):),and P.S i will not be trying for a boy i am insane enough without anymore sprogs thankyou all the same:D
p.p.s excuse bed spalling um viry tard bin wirkin 2 harrrd