PDA

View Full Version : Times of entry into villas

rebekah.g
04-08-2005, 19:14
Hi everyone I dont know if this has ever been covered. we are due to arrive at Mco on 13th august a virgin flight at 2.35pm. As we are only 40 mins or so from our villa we thought there would be no problem entering. I have found out we cant enter until 5pm. I do realise that it has to be cleaned but 7 hours to clean seems alot of time to me. Has anyone had this problem before. I am expecting to arrive about 4pm but dont quite like the wait for an hour. Is this just an average time or if you arrive early do the management team allow you to enter. After a long flight and one child being 6 I really want to just drop her off with the older kids and go to publix.

any suggestion please. Thanks rebekah

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
04-08-2005, 19:22
Quite often cleaners have to do quite a few villas all with back to back bookings and hence the time to allow them to do this. We leave 5 hours for ours (with check-in from 4pm onwards) and after being in one of our 7 beds (doing jobs) while it was being cleaned, the cleaners need every minute of the time to do it. They literally just finished in time for 4pm.

If you land at 2:35 I would not expect you would be at the villa before about 4:30 or perhaps later so it may not be a big problem for you. The quickest I ever managed it was to be at the villa at 4:10 and that was after travelling Club Orlando with Virgin and literally being the first person off the plane and through immigration.

I would not let guests into the villa if the cleaners were still there as they have a job to do and cannot do it with people and cases around them - also if they have other homes to do that day, their time is precious.

steph_goodrum
04-08-2005, 19:25
Rebekah
I don't think you'll find you will be at the villa much before 5 if you are not landing till 2.35, by the time you have been through immigration, collected your luggage, gone through customs, dropped luggage off and gone on transit and recollected it and got your hire car and driven to the villa, I wouldnt expect you to be there till about 4.35 at the earliest in reality.

It does take that long to clean the villas as you can imagine how much there could be to do if a large party have just checked out and each room needs to be done, as well as laundry and more often a games room as well.

steph_goodrum
04-08-2005, 19:26
beat me JOhn
I was trying to remember the processes to get through before you left the airport.:D

SunLover
04-08-2005, 19:36
I'd agree with Steph and John.

It's very unlikely that you will arrive at the villa much before 4.30pm.

Most villas have check in times between 4 ~ 5pm to allow the cleaners time to prepare the house for the next guests. Into this timescale is also built a slight "window" in case incumbent guests are tardy leaving the villa on the morning they depart, as obviously this has a knock on effect with cleaning times etc.

heathercobbett
04-08-2005, 19:38
If you do get through unusually fast,why not pop into a supermarket and get in the essentials?Then you can have a lazy evening round the pool
Your villa owner wil be able to advise you of the nearest one.

Nick Sayer
04-08-2005, 19:51
Is the villa you are renting only being vacated the day or the day before you arrive as with my villa it is quite rare to get a back to back booking.

Have you spoken to the owner with regards to if they can let you in a little earlier if the last guest left a few days before you go in.

Saying the back to back thing i do not rent mine out too much so other people may have back to back bookings.

I do the same on checking out, if no one is going staight in then i let them stay until they go to the airport and do not ask them to leave at 11am as before i bought my villa there is nothing worse than driving around with a car full of suitcases and trying to kill time before going to the airport.

Lyn
04-08-2005, 19:58
My sister went out in July and checked with the management company if she could get in early, they said that if no-one was staying in the villa the day before she arrived that would not be a problem and to check with them just before, she did this and there was not a back to back booking so she was told she could arrive anytime.

pieman790
04-08-2005, 20:08
Our check out is at 11am and entry is from 4pm unless we dont have guests in before the new guest. If this is the case then it is down to mutual agreement.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
04-08-2005, 20:21
A lot of owners have back to back bookings a lot of the time - I know we do. We almost always have to strictly enforce the checkout and checkin times as it's not fair on the cleaners otherwise.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Nick Sayer[brit is quite rare to get a back to back booking.

[/quote]

Cruella DeVilla
04-08-2005, 20:34
It us probably going to be around 5pm by the time you get to the villa by the time you clear the airport, (get through immigration,pick up your bags, get your hire car and drive to the villa) so you should be ok.

Ray&Sarah
04-08-2005, 20:39
Have a great holiday Rebekah.[msnsmile2]

rebekah.g
04-08-2005, 22:18
Thank you everyone. To be honest I didnt really think of all other villas being cleaned. It goes to show how excited I am. My husband told me I was a dope asking the question. Anyway I am going to speak to the management team and check if there is anyone in the villa the day will arrive. If not I will try and ask them if we could go in earlier if needed. With alot of your comments I am wondering if I will need to ask. Its just as well we have decided to seat nearer the front of the plane as previously we were wanting to seat at back but found out it could take us almost two hours to clear customs and car. The reason why I was asking is cause we are due back to the airport to collect my parents flying from chicago (Las Vegas) at 7.35. We wanted to make sure we got shopping sorted and kids sorted before we drive back. Its their anniversary and we wanted to get the villa all ready for their arrival etc.

anyway thank you for all your help. Regards Rebekah [msnwink]

Ray&Sarah
04-08-2005, 22:43
Check with the villa owner Rebekah, if there is no one in before you they will probably allow you to go in earlier, we have allowed a couple of guests to do this. Its just when you have a back to back booking that this is impossible.[msnsmile2]

orlandodaze
05-08-2005, 03:48
We never have a problem on the day of arrival because we usually arrive in the evening anyway, but going home we usually have an evening flight , this year we were very lucky because we vacated the villa on a Wednesday the next guests were not arriving until the weekend so the owner/ manager allowed us to leave in the afternoon instead of the usual morning departure.It meant we had extra time in the pool and we were able to take our time.

05-08-2005, 10:46
I aways pay for an extra night so we can leave as late as possible[msnwink] I can't stand leaving the villa at 10am and going out all day, then going for the flight around 6pm without another shower etc so by having paid for an extra night we can leave the villa as late as possible having already dropped the bags and checked in with Virgin at DTD[msnwink]

I think by the time you get off the aircraft even if you are at the front, and get on the road, do a quick stop at a supermarket your 5pm check in will be fine[msnsmile2]

qunlu
06-08-2005, 00:35
It will depend on situation. If we do not have guest check out that day, we will allow our guest to check in around 2:00PM, if we do, we prefer 4:00PM to let clean people do their work.