PDA

View Full Version : Unoffical Guide Walt Disney World

Twiglet
04-08-2005, 10:23
Somebody suggests I get this book as it gives indepth details on queue times, and best times to visit etc.

Obviously I will get a wealth of informaiton here, and I really appreciate it, but I guess it would be handy to have a guide book to hand, and it can be some bedside reading!

Or maybe somebody suggests another book?

alanandjude
04-08-2005, 11:45
Jude like to have a guide book. It's useful for getting to know about some of the less well known places, restuarant reviews or how to get the best out of the parks - lots of useful tips. It's really honest (and often conflicting) views too about peoples experiences.

Of course you can't beat this forum as an unofficial guide [msnwink] but you can't take it to bed with you can you!

Alan

SG
04-08-2005, 12:06
I really like this book. It's quite interesting as well as informative and I like the way it is written.

Jo
04-08-2005, 12:19
We like this book too.

The touring guides in it are very helpful - they suggest what rides to go on in what order to make the most of your day in the parks.

One of the most useful things I have taught my children is you don't go on the first ride you see, you have a strategy.

Might not suit the most laid back people , but for a control freak like me this book is ideal.

Madabouttigger
04-08-2005, 14:00
We always work on the theory that if there is no queue - go on it - no matter where you are headding or what you where planning, and if there is a big queue - move on and come back later. It always works for us.

Diane.

julieanne
04-08-2005, 14:24
Epcot would be my first choice [8D]

Matt
04-08-2005, 14:57
We have a copy of this book in our Villa, and our guests always comment on how fab it is and how they managed to see and do everything. Personally, I haven't even looked at it and as mentioned above jump on anything with no queue!! Or, get a fastpass then jump on rides with no queue then back to the fastpass line when its time[8D]:D

Matt

Twiglet
04-08-2005, 15:06
Thanks all, I just thought it would be good reading, and get me in the mood for the big trip, and a bit of an idea of what's there, and suggested places!

I will see if they stock it here in Oz, I am sure they will in the city, as I mentioned elsewhere, most Australian's head for the west coast and Disneyland, its nearer and cheaper.

becbecs
04-08-2005, 19:00
We have a book called The Brits Guide to Orlando and Disney World which is full of hints and tips.
Jane my wife has read most of the book and found many helpful pointers for when visiting.

Sharon G
04-08-2005, 20:03
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by becbecs
We have a book called The Brits Guide to Orlando and Disney World which is full of hints and tips.
Jane my wife has read most of the book and found many helpful pointers for when visiting.

[/quote]

...we have this one too....Very informative

Sharon

sunseeker
04-08-2005, 22:39
We use the Brits Guide too and also Dorling Kindersley travel guides (eye witness).

Dave

becbecs
04-08-2005, 23:36
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sunseeker
We use the Brits Guide too and also Dorling Kindersley travel guides (eye witness).

Dave
[/quote]

Dave

Is the DK book any good as we are venturing fuether a field down to the Keys

sunseeker
05-08-2005, 00:12
We think the DK books are good as they are quite informative about Florida and not just the Orlando area. It's the book we look for no matter where we are going in the world.

Dave

Jo
05-08-2005, 01:41
I've just bought DK Florida. As people have said it covers a lot more than the parks - some might say the real Florida. It tell you about a lot of places you might not otherwise consider visiting.

I think the two compliment each other well.

melfrank
05-08-2005, 02:22
The Brits guide is very good but a lot of it may not be relevant to you .

Ian Dee
05-08-2005, 03:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by alanandjude
Jude like to have a guide book. It's useful for getting to know about some of the less well known places, restuarant reviews or how to get the best out of the parks - lots of useful tips. It's really honest (and often conflicting) views too about peoples experiences.

Of course you can't beat this forum as an unofficial guide [msnwink] but you can't take it to bed with you can you!

Alan
[/quote]
Alan what you have no wi fi in bed![:P]

05-08-2005, 10:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ian Dee
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by alanandjude

Alan
[/quote]
Alan what you have no wi fi in bed![:P]
[/quote]

I can take it to bed, my house is wireless[msnwink] Only stay in villas that have it too[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

becbecs
05-08-2005, 16:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by sunseeker
We think the DK books are good as they are quite informative about Florida and not just the Orlando area. It's the book we look for no matter where we are going in the world.

Dave
[/quote]

Cheers Dave

Will see if I can get hold of a copy at the Airport.

cjboatman
06-08-2005, 18:05
We always have a copy of the unofficial guide, very useful, even for phone numbers, and locations. It is packed full of interesting hints and tips.

If you are a big disney fan, like ourselves, you might find the Birnbaums official guide to disney interesting. We always have a copy of this to hand as well. Full of great information all about disney world.

ravtino
09-08-2005, 06:55
In Festival Mall on I Drive there is a good bookshop that has loads of Florida and Disney books including the above, they are great prices too.