02-05-2003, 00:40
The tickets for this are now on sale
2003 Dates Announced April 27, 2003

November 30
December 2, 4, 5, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19
tickets go on sale 1st may tel 001-407-934-7639

Karen
22-07-2003, 21:09
Has anyone been to this, and what is it like, please. We will be going to Florida at Chritmas with our 7 year old son for the first time and would like it to be really memorable for him.

Shardeblil
24-07-2003, 14:41
We have just ordered our tickets for the last night as we are arriving on the 18th Dec and the last night is on the 19th, so we hope it will be a great start to are holiday..........normally with Disney you can't go wrong, no matter what your age, they cater for everyone:D:D

Ruth
24-07-2003, 16:18
I have already received my tickets for 19th Dec, they only took a few days to get to me after I ordered them online:)

Karen
25-07-2003, 18:46
But can anyone tell me what it is like, please? I have to be able to convince my husband we will have a good time!;)

MTP
26-07-2003, 04:29
Hi Karen,

I have posted this link before, but it does include stuff on the party. We were really tempted last year, but it was kind of an intense holiday so we didn't go. I think that the report is a couple of years old now, but I hope it is useful:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/wdwupdate/121800.htm

Best wishes,

Euan

Karen
27-07-2003, 01:09
Hi Euan, I did a search on Mouseplanet and found some info. Seems expensive to me just for the evening when our son is likely to be tired and groochy(and the next day!) So maybe we will leave it until he is a bit older and can stay awake a bit longer.

Thanks anyway.

Tracy
01-08-2003, 23:05
Karen,

We can honestly say it is well worth the money. The park is cleared of people who don't have tickets for the party at around 6-6:30 pm.

Disney only allow around 10,000 guests in for the party so all the rides are quiet and the characters are very accessible. The whole place changes in terms of atmosphere with snow on main street and characters appearing in various christmas guises.

As part of your ticket price your family picture will be taken and posted on to you at a later time.

Because the numbers are limited the christmas parade is great as there is no pushing an shoving for positions to view. The parade itself lasts a lot longer than the "remember the magic" parade that is seen at 3pm during the day. The parade is not just limited to the characters waving to the crowds and without spoiling things ....you should look out for life size toy soldiers...gingerbread men...marching bands....ooops said too much.

We are over in the US this christmas and are definitely taking in MVM christmas party again.:):):)

Hope this helps

Tracy

Lesley S
01-08-2003, 23:30
Totally agree with Tracy well worth the visit. If you are in the park that day they don't ask you to leave they move you to the Buzz light year area, whilst they clear the park, obviously they ask to see your tickets. The photo is sent to your house, we had ours taken and it had arrived by the time we got home. (in the UK).

fiona
02-08-2003, 01:49
It's a lovely magical evening, full of people of all ages from babes to noughties I would say!!

A proper family night's entertainment, and even my blase teenagers who hardly step foot in Disney are more, are insisting we book this - as it's not Christmas otherwise!!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
02-08-2003, 02:20
Just booked our tickets for the evening of 19th December - can't wait :D

caroline
02-08-2003, 02:58
SShhh - that's my 40th birthday[:0][:0]

SunLover
02-08-2003, 16:32
It really is a great, fun, family event, with just the right helping of "cheese" thrown in for good measure. :D

Ruth
02-08-2003, 18:31
quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk

Just booked our tickets for the evening of 19th December - can't wait :D

That is at least 3 OV families going on 19th December then, should be quite a party:D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
02-08-2003, 22:27
Who else is going then Ruth?

Karen
03-08-2003, 01:39
Sorry my last post was a bit down. I was feeling very low with a cold I have only just got over.
I have shown this thread to my husband and will give him time to think about it. Does it sell out quickly? And where did you all order your tickets from, please?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
03-08-2003, 01:43
We ordered the tickets from a lovely lady at the end of the phone number given in the first posting in this thread - 407-934-7639.

It's for the night after we arrive in Florida so we're hoping the jet lag will not catch up with us :).

Karen
03-08-2003, 01:45
John, I think if you look back up the thread Lil (Shardeblil) is going on the 19th also.
After reading what Tracy said, I would love to go, just got to persuade my hubby. My son will love the Toy Soldiers and Gingerbread Men.
What night are you going to go then Fiona?

fiona
03-08-2003, 02:15
Haven't booked yet, we are waiting to book our flights once the A level results are out (14 Aug) and we know which uni Cat is off to - the dates vary by 10 days at the end of term!

Karen
03-08-2003, 02:38
Thanks John, I didn't see the tel number bit. Read the bit about the dates just very quickly. My turn to need the glass:D

Fiona, I am sure your daughter will have done well, but I remember from the time I did exams (some years ago now, sadly) how nail biting the time is until you get the results. What uni is Cat hoping to go to? I am sure you will keep us posted on how well she has done.

Ruth
03-08-2003, 02:50
Karen, I booked over the internet, very easy:)You are right, Lil is also going on the 19th[8D]

I remember waiting for A level results too, I locked myself in the bathroom while I opened them I was so scared I might not get the results I needed[:I]

fiona
03-08-2003, 03:24
First choice is Nottingham Trent - which finishes on 10 Dec and second is Manchester Met which finishes on 19th - some difference, and second one means we can't get cheap flights:( so she might be flying out on her own! We have 2 free flights this year and need to fly together to use them! I am sure she has done fine, but you never know do you?

tinkerbell
03-08-2003, 04:29
Hi all, I am flying out on the 17th and booking my tickets for MVMCP for the 19th too!!! How bizzarre to think we'll all be there!!!

Ruth
03-08-2003, 17:11
Welcome to the party Tink:D

Shardeblil
05-08-2003, 14:34
Oh yes, we will be there, our tickets have arrived, we ordered them over the internet and they took about 4 days to arrive...........lovely tickets.

They may need a section just for OV members[:o)]

We have never been before, but have heard great reviews about it, we too hope that we are not too tired on the night either, but I am sure with the atmosphere around us, that will soon wake us all up again:D:D

Karen
05-08-2003, 19:44
Lil, what site did you order your tickets from, please? You can Pm me if you like.

Fiona, isn't it amazing the difference in the dates for the uni's holidays? Is the length of the holiday the same? Still, if you have 2 free flights you can book thats not so bad. As you say, you just might have to split your party up on different flights. When will your daughter get her results? Can't be long now. I expect she is enjoying this hot weather, like most teenagers, does she just lol about in holidays?

fiona
05-08-2003, 20:51
Chris was checking the free flights last night. We have to have used it by 9 December - oh shoot! YD finished 17 Dec (looks like she'll be going sick for a week then as Head will not countenance more time off:( - even at end of term when they do nothing).

Cat is busy working 6 days a week to save as much money as possible for uni - YD is however manfully flying the flag on behalf of all other teenagers[}:)]

Karen
06-08-2003, 02:06
Oh What a pain about the flights Fiona, might be worth asking. You never know.
I know what you mean about getting time off. Even though our son is only 7 the school still does not like it. As this year he did his SATS he did not have any time of at all, so when I asked about us going out on the 10th December his headmistress gave permission:)

Shardeblil
06-08-2003, 03:06
[quote]Originally posted by Karen

Lil, what site did you order your tickets from, please? You can Pm me if you like.

Hi Karen, we actually went on to the disney website and went to special events, hope this helps

Here is the link http://attractiontickets.tickets.com/buy/TicketTrans#subcat2

Karen
06-08-2003, 16:13
Thanks Lil. I will speak to my husband about to decided what day to go.:)

dodge intrepid
06-08-2003, 21:22
Make that four families, we too fly out the 17th and will be at MVMCP on the 19th. At this rate Florida is going to be heaving.

Shardeblil
07-08-2003, 02:59
Maybe we should all wear something to recognise each other, perhaps a coloured t-shirt/jacket or hat/cap or will it be the secretive newspaper tucked under the arm[}:)]lol..........I have head great things about MVMC and have always wanted to go, the last time I went to Florida, we came home on the day it started so missed it:(, this time I am going the day before is finishes, so I always seem to cut it fine;)

If anyone has been before and has compared different nights, is the last night extra special? or the same as all the other nights........all I am sure are spectacular anyway.:D

Tracy
17-08-2003, 15:50
We have also booked for the 19th, it was so easy to do on the Disney website.

It really is such a great night, I can't wait to go again !!

Well we may bump into some of you whilst we are there !

SunLover
17-08-2003, 18:05
We are not out until January, but we have attended MVMCP before.

All I will say is BE PREPARED ~ it will be very very busy no matter what night you go. But the atmosphere is nice, the Christmas shows are just cheesey enough and all in all an enjoyable festive treat.

Don't forget to get your complimentary family photo. Actually it's best to leave this until nearer the end of the night, as everyone seems to stand in line for ages to get their piccy in the earlier part of the evening. It will be posted to you anywhere in the world free of charge.

Have fun ! :D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
25-08-2003, 22:37
Just to update that we didn't receive our tickets and nothing debited off the Credit Card sooooo un-disney-like so J has re-ordered them on-line. Here's hoping we get them soon.

Sarah

kimbo
17-09-2003, 02:29
We fly out on the 17th too,and party 19th

Karen
27-09-2003, 02:34
Well, it has taken me a while to get around to doing it, but finally WE ARE JOINING THE PARTY!:D on the 19th. See you all there:)

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
27-09-2003, 03:36
Maybe we ought to do OV t-shirts or badges so we can all recognise each other :D

Ruth
27-09-2003, 12:28
Good idea John:D:D

welcome to the party Karen:):)

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
27-09-2003, 13:52
Just to up date this thread - although the Disney telephone cast member was very nice we did not get our tickets.(I was given a ref no. but of course failed to locate the note I wrote it on!) Our credit card was not debited so like Ruth we ordered on-line and quicker than you can say, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party they arrived in the post/mail.[:o)][:o)] OOOh can't wait.

Sarah

Harmony
27-09-2003, 16:19
Guess what :D We are also going on the 19th. Perhaps your suggestion John "Maybe we ought to do OV t-shirts or badges so we can all recognise each other" would be a good idea. We would certainly be happy to wear something to show our connection to OV. Could be good advertising ;)

Jeff

Karen
27-09-2003, 23:18
How about a paper hat (Or cap) with the OV logo on it? ;)

Sarah, we ordered on-line to and should have the tickets by the 8th October. We are all really looking forwards to it[8D]

jen
25-10-2003, 00:55
We'll be there too!
Dec 19th and if it's anything like last year it will be great!
Very good natured evening with we found not too many people and we did the last night then also.

If there's a way we could indentify each other I'd be all for it.

Have a good one
Jen
Going 7 weeks today...... Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee:)[:p]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
25-10-2003, 01:07
I wonder if we can get some badges (pins) made so we can all look out for each other...also maybe send in a photo of yourself so we can put a rogues gallery on here which will make things easier?

Karen
25-10-2003, 01:27
How about some little OV flags we could stick out a bag?

What we need is a template we could all print up, then wrap it around a straw our something similar. John, if you could email me your logo I will see if I can knock something up. Microsoft publisher is very good for all sorts of things, so I am sure I can come up with something.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
25-10-2003, 01:38
Good idea. I've just emailed you Karen.

ianandsue
25-10-2003, 02:49
We are going to Mickeys Party on NOV 30th and then flying home the next day - how sad is that!! Will post and let you know how fantastic it was - especially when most of you have still got it to go!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
25-10-2003, 03:10
Looking forward to your report Ian & Sue :)

Karen
27-10-2003, 02:26
John, I got the logo and worked it into something. I have emailed it back to you. Did you recieve it okay?

dumbobears
19-11-2003, 00:24
Anyone going on 12-6?

phaedra
19-11-2003, 03:55
We're going on the 11th, BIG surprise for our youngest (9) she loves Pooh & Tigger and will probably mug me for my credit cards as soon as she finds the shops :)

Lesley S
19-11-2003, 12:41
Go to the Crystal palance restaurant, you have your meals with these characters. Book either in advance or as you go in for either Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner. We also go once whilst we are in MK, good value for money.

phaedra
19-11-2003, 18:42
Hi Lesley :)

We're only going to the MVMCP which is from 7pm to midnight, Disney is just too expensive at £140 for a 5 day ticket when we can get AP's for Universal (£80), SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Bronze AP's (£31 each) for the same money.

MVMCP was a good deal though, 5 tickets (4 adults 1 child) including DHL shipping works out at £23 each.

dumbobears
19-11-2003, 21:21
Is this something seniors would enjoy?

phaedra
19-11-2003, 22:36
I would think this will appeal to everyone :)

Not only have you got access to most of the rides at Magic Kingdom you've also got an extra long parade, free hot choccy & a photo :)

Also there is the new Mickeys Philharmagic show which by all accounts is brilliant :)

Should be a good night out for young and old like :D

For more details have a look at,

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/waltdisneyworld/parksandmore/parkevents/parkeventindex?id=SEMickeysVeryMerryPrkEvt

dumbobears
20-11-2003, 04:47
Thanks Jeff, I think we will give it a try.:D

Nielsen
20-11-2003, 17:41
Just booked tickets for the 19th.

Whats with the hat - badge - pin or all three?

No one know - going to be a big surprise.......

TOM

phaedra
20-11-2003, 21:58
If anyones over on the 13th there's a free entry Christmas festival at Kissimmee lakeside park from 12 noon to 9pm with 20 tons of snow!, live music, stalls and a parade etc. have a look at,

http://www.kissimmeeparksandrec.com/specialevents.html

Karen
22-11-2003, 20:42
Tom, if you look in the owners section under Flag for MVMCP at the top of the section you will see where I have put a link for printing up a little flag with the OV logo on it so we can identifiy one another while we are out there[msnsmile2]

dodge intrepid
29-11-2003, 20:06
quote:Originally posted by Karen

Tom, if you look in the owners section under Flag for MVMCP at the top of the section you will see where I have put a link for printing up a little flag with the OV logo on it so we can identifiy one another while we are out there[msnsmile2]

How about us mortals who aren't villa owners cna we join in?[msnsad]
It sounds like fun. Two weeks 3 days to go and counting!

Ruth
29-11-2003, 21:14
Or it is not too late to order an official OV owners T shirt Tom. Just send me an email if you are interested and I will give you all the details.

quote:Originally posted by Nielsen

Just booked tickets for the 19th.

Whats with the hat - badge - pin or all three?

No one know - going to be a big surprise.......

TOM

Karen
01-12-2003, 01:58
Dodge Intrepid, just for you (and anyone else who wants to join in[msnsmile2])
please find attached the flag I have designed for Orlando Villas.

I suggest you use the stick from a MacDonalds flag, but if anyone has anyother suggestions please do post your ideas.

Attachment: OV Flag V5 Word Doc.doc (Data/20031130215824_OV Flag V5 Word Doc.doc)#9;118.63KB

DISNEYDIVA
01-12-2003, 02:17
Thankyou Karen - i will take it with me next year.
Lesley.:D
I might try to get some sticky back paper to print it on and stick it on our suitcases to help identify them at airport.

Karen
01-12-2003, 02:35
Lesley, that is an excellent suggestion. I have double sided tape which might do the trick

Harmony
04-12-2003, 17:50
We'll all soon be enjoying Christmas, and whilst checking all the activities we have planned a question was raised about the day we go to MVMCP. If you have tickets for MVMCP do they offer a reduced price on the entry ticket for the same day? [?] Anyone know? [?]

Jeff

Lesley S
04-12-2003, 19:53
Unfortunately there are no reductions on park entry whether you have MVMCP or not.

sunshinegirl03
18-12-2003, 09:17
I am also attending on the 19th...2 DAYS AND COUNTING!!! I am so excited I can't believe it. My boyfriend and I went to Downtown Disney Marketplace earlier in the week to purchase hats and we got matching Tigger sants hats that are adorable! ...not to mention warm!
They were $14 each. Not too bad I guess since they are so cute. I have read up quite a bit on other websites and it seems to be mixed on the crowds but only a handful have complained about the crowdedness. I am hoping that it's going to be a very magical and memorable night since it's so close to Christmas and SOLD OUT! I went as a child back in 89 and now I am taking my boyfriend in 03 and am so excited. I bought 2 disposable cameras to take pictures with EVERY character I can find! :) I live in Orlando but I am so excited I feel like a tourist! I hope everyone has a blast and I will share my story after the party! :)
Thanks!
[msnwink]

Harmony
23-12-2003, 01:38
Party was great and despite the cold weather (Brrrr) we had a wonderful time. The shows were great, the free hot chocolate and cookies were great and the fireworks wonderful. [msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2] Crowds not too bad. Will definately go again next year.

Jeff

Karen
23-12-2003, 06:33
I agree Jeff. The fireworks were amazing[msnoo] We all had a great time. I will post some photos in the photo gallery. Here is a little taster

/forums/Data/2003122323332_MVMCP-048.jpg

DISNEYDIVA
23-12-2003, 11:54
Karen, the colours are beautiful.You got a lot into that one shot.Look forward to seeing the next ones.:D

belfastbob
04-10-2004, 02:57
i've just been reading all about this mvmcp,we are going on dec19th-jan5th,is it still on this year?,is it every night,and how do we get tickets?there are 5ad and one 9yr old.again we've never been at christmas and i'm picking things up from the site as i go along.some of us have never been at all and we want it to be so right and memorable,thats why we are checking what to do on the likes of christmas day,new years eve etc.any suggestions warmly welcomed!!

phaedra
04-10-2004, 03:27
Hi Bob :D

This years dates are as follows,

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!
Magic Kingdom
December 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17 7PM - Midnight

A magical night of holiday snow, an enchanting parade, Disney Character greetings, family photos and tasty treats, plus the most popular Magic Kingdom attractions. Tickets went on sale May 1, 2004.

We're booked for the 12th so if anyone else is there it could be OV flag time again :D

brizzle
04-10-2004, 12:24
And November 28th and 30th.
We fly back on 4th December so we only get 4 dates to choose from.

We're looking at doing 30th November because it's a Tuesday so should be pretty quiet.
Waiting for the weather forecast when we are over there though so we can choose a dry night.

Looking at the dates I think you'll miss it Belfastbob but I'm pretty sure the special Christmas parade and 'snow on Main St' makes an appearance as the 'norm' during the Christmas week so you can get some of the extra Christmas stuff for free during a normal MK visit.

Brizzle.

phaedra
04-10-2004, 20:06
Hi Brizzle :)

I forgot about the November dates :)

Just checked ours again and we're doing the 14th not the 12th, we're also hoping it will be quieter on a Tuesday :D

susangrah
05-10-2004, 01:43
we are doing the 14th as well!

Dennan
05-10-2004, 12:32
We are doing the 16th.

Hope it will be not to crowded during the weekdays.

brizzle
05-10-2004, 12:56
To be honest we did it on a Sunday last year and because they limit the ticket sales it still seemed a lot quieter than a normal park day, even for December.
We noticed the main difference when watching Wishes. Managed to wander up 10 minutes before and watch the fireworks right in front of the castle.

To be honest the rides queues aren't that big during the day in early December anyway but we didn't really do any of the rides we just took in the Christmas atmosphere and related shows.

Brizzle.

pt cruiser
05-10-2004, 16:18
Dodge Intrepid, just for you (and anyone else who wants to join in)
please find attached the flag I have designed for Orlando Villas.

I suggest you use the stick from a MacDonalds flag, but if anyone has anyother suggestions please do post your ideas.

Attachment: OV Flag V5 Word Doc.doc#9;118.63 KB

Thanks, i have printed this out and i'm going to put it in our car, so if anyone see's us give us a wave, we are out on the 19th november.
Tag

belfastbob
06-10-2004, 02:58
thanks everyone, we'll just have to book an earlier holiday next year to catch mvmcp!!!!!any excuse!!!!!!!!!!!!1[grin][grin]