PDA

View Full Version : private villa

kitty
02-08-2005, 23:28
We are staying at a private villa this year,we have only stayed at villas through travel agents before,this probably sounds like a silly question but do you have people etc come in and change towels sheets etc,not that we need them to but was just wondering if we come home sometime to find the sheets changed etc[msnembarrased]

karenhaworth
02-08-2005, 23:39
Hi Kitty

Normally you would only have a cleaner visit at the end of your stay, although the villa will have also been thoroughly cleaned prior to your arrival with freshly laundered sheets and towels.

In common with other villa owners there are always plenty of spare towels and sheet sets available should you wish to change them yourselves during your stay.

Andy and Wendy
02-08-2005, 23:46
You can sometimes arrange an interim "maid service" if you wish, although typically this would be an "optional extra" and therefore at extra cost to the guests themselves.

Your villa will also most likely have its own laundry facilities (washer, tumble dryer etc) if you needed them.

Andy

Ray&Sarah
02-08-2005, 23:48
Most villas are cleaned before and after guests, some offer mid stay cleans if the guest wants. Our own villa does not have a mid stay cleaning option as it is difficult to do a clean when guests are in. You should be able to ask your villa owner and see what they offer.[msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
03-08-2005, 00:39
you have a washing machine and tumble dryer in the villas so you can launder you own bits if you want!! we have a change mid hols only mine i dont bother with the kids, everyone is in and out of the pool and therefore showering all the time, no one is or gets dirty!!!!

kitty
03-08-2005, 01:13
We dont need someone to come in and do it but it was just a thought when returning home last year to find someone in the villa changing the sheets after a week of being there,its actually nice where i will be taking clean washing home and not hand washed to be done properly in the machine.Thanks for the replys

Jo
04-08-2005, 01:07
Doing your own washing in the US takes no time at all with the short cycle on the washing machine. Even if you don't like to tumble dry things, we just hang them up in the garage and they are dry overnight.

I must admit it makes such a difference taking clean washing for 5 home , rather than dirty.

When you unpack those cases its actually fun as you concentrate on all your new purchases and not the huge pile of smelly clothes that need dealing with.

Yet another perk of having a villa as opposed to a hotel room[msnwink]