PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

janny
30-04-2003, 18:32
Has anyone got a number to book tickets for this .

fiona
30-04-2003, 18:58
For anyone lucky enough to be over at the right time Mickey's not so scary halloween party is being held on:

October 11,17,20,25,27,31 and November 1st 2002

Tickets can be booked online at www.disney.com (click on vacations, then Walt Disney World, then search on Mickey's not so scary halloween party. (sorry I tried and failed to insert a link)

Ruth

Just found the dates, but the tickets won't get released for a while yet. You could try e-mailing them to get some idea of when they will be available from. S**** that idea, just seen 2002 tickets released 24 April 2002, so any minute now. Get in quick if you want to go.

October 2003 Dates: Oct. 3, 5, 10, 14, 16, 19, 24, 26, 30, 31 - 7:00 PM to Midnight
Announced April 27, 2003
Price: Not yet available

mm69340
30-04-2003, 19:35
We went this past October and IT was so much fun!!! My older girls were LITERALLY walking on rides. I would recommend only going at night. We bought tickets that morning at MK. It was fun, the girls got LOTS of candy!!! The dancing was fun.

It does get out of control with costumes. My Mom witnessed some Mother- YELLING at the Security gaurd in the store by Snow White's ride. The do actually close the park ( FOR 5 MINUTES) and they wanted to clear out the store- The woman was so out of control trying to buy a FULL halloween costume that she was screaming that they DARE kick her out- they politely explained the reasoning... So- she told them she would STAND by the door and time them and they had better let her
back in in 5 MINUTES!!!! [:0]

My girls didn't have costumes and it was easier to ride the rides. The children all looked cute though!!!! I highly recommend this!

fiona
30-04-2003, 21:06
Well did they let her in then??????

My girls put their hair up in funny bunches with fluorescent orange ties, painted their faces and had halloween laces. Youngest had orange and black on, eldest is a redhead - so no guesses what she wouldn't wear!! Loads of cookies and hot chocolate, treats and free family photos - and they do send them to England!

They had a great time, and we now always do the Christmas party as well.

I also highly recommend not only MNSSHP but also Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Great fun for all ages.

Ruth
30-04-2003, 22:42
I booked my tickets last year online and they arrived in the UK very quickly :)

dodge intrepid
01-05-2003, 01:18
Hello Fiona, what is Mickey's very merry christmas party like? I have read various reports on it that say stay away it is very busy, only worth doing for the shows and not worth the money.

Teresa

fiona
01-05-2003, 03:13
Well we go every time we are out at Christmas. For us it's one of the things that we associate with Christmas in Florida - it's Disney, they do it extremely well. As it's Disney it's not cheap, yes there are lots of people there, but the earlier you go the less busy it is. As in the earlier in December rather than the time of day - obviously you are there for the park opening and you stay until the end to get your money's worth!

There's a lovely atmosphere there, loads of people dress up in Christmassy things, we always get our family photo done - even the year we were absolutely soaked because it poured with rain ([:o)] - you should see what we look like,drowned rats of the world unite!), and one of us always wears the Winnie the Pooh christmas hat.

For us it's become a family tradition, and our girls insist on us doing it - even though they hardly ever want to do Disney any more - IoA wins out all the time for them nowadays.

steph_goodrum
01-05-2003, 11:39
Fiona
Can you point me to the tickets for the Halloween party, please I've tried doing several searches and the only events that keep coming up is the International Wine and food festival at Epcot, ( I think Mick might drag us to that one, I'm trying to find out some of the groups playing.) I think the Hallowween one might make a change as we were probably goin to give Disney a miss this time but would enjoy this.

janny
01-05-2003, 12:18
The tickets go on sale today Steph, that's why I'm trying to track them down.

found a number
Tickets from Central Reservations Office (CRO)
001-407-934-7639

Cost $31-90 Adult, $26-58 Child, $10 international shipping

fiona
01-05-2003, 15:26
I can't find anything on the site relating to it, but there is a UK number if that's any good:

You can contact us on:

Reservations 0870 24 24 900
Pre-departure queries and administration 0870 24 24 911

We're here 7 days a week
Monday-Friday 9am - 8pm
Saturday 9am - 7pm
Sunday 10am - 4pm

A Division of The Walt Disney Company Limited.
Registered in London, No. 530051.
Registered Office: 3 Queen Caroline Street, Hammersmith, London W6 9PE, UK.

I shall keep digging and see if I can find anything!

fiona
01-05-2003, 15:45
Still can't find anything on the tickets - my machine crashed under the pressure of all the searches I was doing[}:). however, found the dates:

2003 Dates Announced April 27, 2003

November 30
December 2, 4, 5, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19

Very Merry Christmas Parade is performed daily beginning mid-December.

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is a special "hard ticket" event.

The Magic Kingdom is transformed into a Holiday Partyland with special decorations. See the first snow fall of the season on Main Street, enjoy 2 performances of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade, have your family photograph taken and enjoy hot chocolate and cookies, a free souvenir button commemorates the event.

Holiday stage shows include the following: Every Day's a Holiday with Mickey, Minnie and the Kids of the Kingdom at the Castle; Diamond Horseshoe Christmas Revue; and Mickey's 'Twas the Night Before Christmas in Tomorrowland's Galaxy Palace Theatre. There are also choral groups, carolers, Santa Goofy and a special holiday edition of Fantasy in the Sky fireworks.

The parade is spectacular and is accompanied by great Disney Magic and Music.

I forgot to say about the photo ops - last time we went as well as Mickey and Minnie in Christmas outfits, Winnie the Pooh and friends - Tigger, Eyeore, Piglet were at the usual site at MK in Christmas outfits.

steph_goodrum
01-05-2003, 22:35
I think she slipped up with my tickets Janny when I booked, she told me the shipping was $3.90 , she knew it was UK as that was one of the first things I asked about shipping them here.
I didn't realise until I saw your post so I'll have to wait and see what I get billed, but she told me $98.70 in total for 3 tickets. What night did you book? I booked 31st October.

janny
01-05-2003, 23:26
Unfortunately Steph I'm not.I needed the info for my guests who are there at the time.

steph_goodrum
02-05-2003, 00:37
I won't see you there then, no doubt you'll still be mopping the floor at home instead. :)

janny
02-05-2003, 01:34
Sure will .Must do some thing about this avatar!

LittleTink
02-05-2003, 14:09
We went to Mickeys not so scarey halloween - it was one of the best nights of our holiday.

I have two girls and they both dressed up as witches - you can pick up costumes just about everywhere and they are not badly priced. There were a lot of people dressed as Disney characters - so it seems anything goes!

The girls had tons of sweeties from around the several treat stops! and we all went from ride to ride with no probs, they were hardly any queues - but the higlight of it all .......... the fireworks - only Disney does fireworks!!!!:DThey were fantastic.

Karen

Claire
07-10-2003, 18:50
Hello

Went to this year's first Not So Scary Halloween Party last Friday and had a great time. When we arrived, we were given a trick or treat bag and there are various places throughout the park where you can stop to collect sweets. Main Street is lit up with different coloured lights and there are 'ghost' lights floating all around. The Halloween parade is very good, although a little dark because they turn off most of the lights and the floats were not really lit up. The fireworks were excellent, with the usual Fantasy in the Sky style followed by a witch flying down the wire and then more fireworks around the perimeter in front of the Castle. All rides were open with no lines at all. The Liberty Belle Riverboat rides had a band and a story teller on board. Our only disappointment was that we expected something to happen on the Haunted Mansion ride - ie someone jumping out - and although the Cast Members were even more 'miserable' than usual and we thought the ride was a little darker than usual, it was just the same.

CLAIRE