PDA

View Full Version : Photo ID

Kissyme
30-04-2003, 18:22
We have booked tickets for the dolphin swin at DC and it say things to bring with you is a photo ID does this meen your passport or do we have to take photos and they make them into tags

blott
30-04-2003, 22:15
I would think that they mean either your passport or, if you have a UK driving licence with a photo, then that as an alternative.

Florida residents have either a photo ID card or driving licence which they would use for this sort of thing but we don't exactly have the equivalent in the UK so either of the above would do.

steph_goodrum
30-04-2003, 22:22
If you take your passport (it's only to confirm your identity) they take a digital picture and make up a photo card for you as this is also your 7 day pass to Sea World, you can collect it before your dolphin swim so you could go a few days earlier and then you wouldn't have to have your passports left in the lockers whilst you are there.
The pass is valid for 7 consecutive days so you can get it a week earlier if you wish or split the time.

Biggus
01-05-2003, 12:48
Kissyme,
Having done this in the past month it is exactly as Steph described. The photo ID is purely for confirmation that you are who you say you are, and in the name that you booked in, they take a horrible black and white digital photo of you and print it onto your pass - together with any credit card that you choose to assign to your park ID (saves you having cash or cards around should you want additional drinks or a t-shirt etc).
One thing to note though is that we got a $30 discount per person as we had 5 park flex tickets and had no use for the 7 day sea world bit on the card (They remove the access from the swipey bit on your card). They don't advertise this anywhere, but my wife happened to mention it to one of the staff when we were getting our CD and souvenirs, was a nice bonus at the end of the day!!

Kickstart
09-01-2004, 17:22
Can you just tell them that you already have tickets even if you don't?
I don't know if we will have time to visit Sea world as well, however knowing you can get the passes in advance is handy.

steph_goodrum
09-01-2004, 18:19
Kickstart
No yoou can't just tell them they will ask to see the proof. Because you have a seven day pass you'll probably find that DC closes earlier than Sea World so even if you just go in after the day and catch the evening Shamu show it's worth it. I don't know what time of year you are going but the park has variable opening hours.