PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Weekend

Paula D-S
01-08-2005, 18:19
In June we went to my fave park MGM. On arrival we were greeted at the gates by armed storm troopers. My husband (36) thought he had died and gone to Star Wars Heaven. Even more worryingly my brother in law waited on his own in a queue for 45 minutes to have his picture taken with Darth Vader. Not surprisingly most of the queue consisted of grown men, some were even dressed up like Luke Skywalker, they were very serious about meeting with the big guy.

It was great fun though walking around and being approached by storm troopers. What was really funny though is round by Star Tours there were loads of little aliens just walking about, I didn't give much thought to my three year old who I was pushing in the pram until I seen her little face in the window at the back of the pram:D:D:D:D:D:D:D I know I shouldn't laugh but it was hysterical.
I must be very careful what I write you might all have health visitors around to check on my girls[msneek]

It was a great day anyway

Paula

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
01-08-2005, 19:47
We went too and had a great time. Here's a picture of one of the Stormtroopers entertaining the crowd waiting for the park to open:

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/floridadreamvilla.co.uk/200581154648_0.jpg

Paula D-S
01-08-2005, 20:30
John

Were you one of the grown ups in the Luke Skywalker gear??????[msnsmile2]

Paula

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
01-08-2005, 21:40
LOL - not me I'm afraid although our 6 year old did go as Yoda.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by caitlin
John

Were you one of the grown ups in the Luke Skywalker gear??????[msnsmile2]

Paula

[/quote]

moodyvilla
01-08-2005, 23:21
We went there as well. Jack thought it was great, especially when he got selected for Padwan training and he got to fight Darth Maul. Made his holiday:D