PDA

View Full Version : 1st timer & confused about tickets.HELP!!!

roxyfizz
01-08-2005, 17:19
Hello all.
Great website to find info but i'm still confused.
We have booked our holiday to Florida departing Nov 06 with Virgin which we thought were a very good price.3 adults 3 kids 12,10,8.
Our problem is what tickets do we get?
We are staying in a Villa for 3 weeks in Kissimme.
Our original plan was to buy the following: Disney 21 day ultimate
5 park Orlando Flexticket
Kennedy space pass
Naples & everglades Adv.
Arabian Night Show

Costing roughly £2200 for us all.
Does this sound like we will be able to do all this or could we get a 7 or 14 day ultimate ticket.Not that the price is a big difference.
Does this sound realistic or are we kidding ourselves????
My daughter wants to do the dolphin swim, but we have decided not to as we have mixed feedback from too many people and this is another £500 + on top of the already huge bill for the whole holiday.
Any info would be gratefully received.
Does any one have any feed back on Virgin???
Never used them before,friends are very positive but lots of web searches are negative.
What are their Villas like????
Sorry to babble.

Susan

SteveW
01-08-2005, 17:37
If you do 21 days then you will need a holiday at the end of your break.
Plan your days and allow plenty of time for relaxing, shopping etc.
I would have thought the 14 day option should be plenty.

JayCee
01-08-2005, 17:37
If you plan to spend 3 weeks in Orlando visiting theme parks everyday, you will end up exhausted and to be quite honest the kids may start to get abit fed up.

The parks are great, but they can be tiring, busy, hot, plenty of long queues and its gets expensive when you take into account ticket, food, drinks and those disney gifts the kids must have!

My advice would be to wait until you arrive in Orlando before you book any tickets. Take the kids to Disney and see how they cope before you spend a small fortune on a very hectic 3 week stay.

My experience is that after a few days in the parks, the kids would rather play in the villa pool than face another theme park so definately bear that in mind as well.

resorthomerentals
01-08-2005, 18:24
If you are going to only 3 weeks, and want to visit KSC, Naples, and the Everglades, there is no way you'll be able to use 21 days worth of Disney tickets! The parks are huge, and you will want to schedule "down time" days to just chill out and relax at the villa after visiting them. There is so much to see and do in the Orlando area - it doen't have to be just Disney!

Have fun with your planning!

resorthomerentals
01-08-2005, 18:28
Also, make sure you purchase to "no expiration" option (not sure if that's included in the ultimate). That way, if you decide part way into your trip that you have overdone the theme parks, you can save the remaining days for your next trip!

huckleberry house
01-08-2005, 21:00
I wouldnt go with the ultimate tickets as they expire and any unused days are lost.

I would go for the 10 day magic your way ticket and go for all the extras such as park hopping, no expiry and add on extra days. This will give you 10 days in the 4 main Disney parks plus 5 days to use in the other Disney parks ( I would recommend the water parks ) you can park hop between the main 4 parks so if one is too busy just move onto another without losing a day on your pass plus as they never expire it wont matter if you dont use all your days as you can use them next time no matter how long next time is without is costing you anything when you return.

I would then add a two or three day Universal pass for Universal and Islands of Adventure bearing in mind that you wont be using all your disney days. Please allow enough rest days in your itinerary for just lounging around the pool.

I have never heard of anyone who didnt enjoy the discovery cove dolphin swim, in fact all the reports I have read and feedback from my guests is that it was the best day of their holiday so not sure where the mixed reviews are coming from ?

Cant comment about Virgin villas, I really believe the best way is to book your own villa so you can choose exactly the features that matter to you and you can be sure you are getting a home that is well maintained and loved by a private owner but I expect it is too late for you to change your plans now and stick with virgin for the fly drive only ?

Best wishes,
Lesley

Ray&Sarah
01-08-2005, 22:05
Hi Susan, Lesley suggestions for tickets are pretty much what we would suggest too.

We booked a villa with Virgin a few years ago and have to say it was lovely, part of the reason we bought one ourselves. The only thing I didn't like was that we didn't know where we were staying prior to going but it was a good esperience over all. We usually fly Virgin even now and have always found them to be pretty good.[msnsmile2]

jones homes
14-09-2005, 21:32
As a travel agent in Wales we all ways sugest our customers stay in a villa instead of international drive, the reason is it can take the best part of an hour to enter or exit international drive, where as a villa you can be in tampa in the same amount of time.[clap][clap]

E. Cosgrove
14-09-2005, 22:40
Hi Susan
I personally would buy your tickets before you go as you won't want to spend time standing in line to buy them.
Have you checked out the link above for ticket sales, they are excellent value and the service is first rate.
The combination of tickets that Lesley has suggested would be my choice as well and remeber with the no expiry option you can save any unused days until you go again, whenever that might be ( and you will go again believe me)
Have a really great time, I know you will have fantastic weather as I travel out on Nov 5th[msnsmile2]

Steviek
15-09-2005, 00:43
I would be looking at pricing up the tickets from this website as we have never found cheaper they include the tax. Scaling down doing a park then a rest day I would def look at adding the disney water parks into the tickets as they are great