PDA

View Full Version : glasgow to florida

gerry67
31-07-2005, 22:19
I am going to florida in june next year went from manchester this year never again can anyone give me advice on what companies fly from glasgow to orlando and any advice on any good ones

Ann-Marie
01-08-2005, 00:09
Hi Gerry,

We flew with Continental Airlines from Glasgow a few years ago via Newark to Orlando International. Flight/Service was great, reasonable price too - 7 hrs to Newark and then a connection to Orlando. As we live in Edinburgh, we can now take Continental direct to Newark from here and would use the service every time - saves the trip south of the border.

Hope you have a great time when it comes.

Elaine62
01-08-2005, 00:50
Hi Gerry

this year we did Edh to LGW on the Friday and LGW to MCO on the SAturday. LIke you we would never do it again. OUr flight on the Sun morning when we got home arrived early but the connection to Edh was 90 mins late. We were totally hacked off by the time we left LGW and vowed to fly from Scotland next time. In 2001 we did a package and flew from Glw. We booked premier seats which made it a bit easier so it wasn't too bad a trip and at least it was direct. in 2003 we did American Airlines from Glw to Chicago with an internal transfer to MCO. it was fine going but on the way back there was a 5 hour delay which was a nightmare and they weren't much of an airline so i don't think i would do that again. sorry that i've not been of much help.

Elaine

rosie
01-08-2005, 01:03
Gerry, have you tried an enquiry through the link at the top of the page http://www.flightsflorida.com/ They may be able to price flights for you direct from Glasgow.

My mum is flying Glasgow to Sanford next month with a charter airline (sorry can't remember the name right now) but there are definately a few companies that fly direct to Sanford. As you're not going till next June, I will report back when mum gets home [msnwink]

She actually lives in Kent, but is going to Glasgow to fly out to our villa with her sister, who lives in Glasgow....confused.... you will be :D:D

Florida3883
01-08-2005, 13:46
As Rosie says there are a few companies that fly to Sanford direct. Do try the link that Rosie has given you. Apparently, there is suppose to be another Charter Airline starting up in Oct this year. I don't want to mention the company yet until they get their ATOL Licence.

MrEktion
01-08-2005, 15:15
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Elaine62
Hi Gerry

this year we did Edh to LGW on the Friday and LGW to MCO on the SAturday. LIke you we would never do it again. OUr flight on the Sun morning when we got home arrived early but the connection to Edh was 90 mins late. We were totally hacked off by the time we left LGW and vowed to fly from Scotland next time. In 2001 we did a package and flew from Glw. We booked premier seats which made it a bit easier so it wasn't too bad a trip and at least it was direct. in 2003 we did American Airlines from Glw to Chicago with an internal transfer to MCO. it was fine going but on the way back there was a 5 hour delay which was a nightmare and they weren't much of an airline so i don't think i would do that again. sorry that i've not been of much help.Elaine[/quote]

I agree Elaine, this is your worst nightmare getting a flight back from the USA via LHR or LGW and then waiting for a connecting flight when you are all tired and probably jet-lagged.

We did it once with Virgin to NY as we had friends coming from LHR so we all took the same LHR flight out and back. Our connection was with BMI and we had to leave 90 minutes minimum transfer time. This meant we had to book a flight 2.5 hours after our due arrival time. Of course we arrived 1 hour early and they would not let us on the earlier flight (cheap tickets and no capacity). The later flight was delayed by 1 hour so we spent 4.5 hours in LHR after the overnight flight back from NY [msnmad] Never Ever Again!

I would always change in the USA now for leisure flights and make sure the transatlantic leg was back to my home airport if possible.

Cheers

Mr E.

Andy & Arlene
02-08-2005, 02:34
How about Glasgow via Rejivik (in Iceland). I had guests last year who went this route and they were taken on a complimentary trip to the geezers. This is apparently part of the deal when you fly with Iceland Air. [msnsmile2]

Leskw06
21-08-2005, 22:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Andy & Arlene
How about Glasgow via Rejivik (in Iceland). I had guests last year who went this route and they were taken on a complimentary trip to the geezers. This is apparently part of the deal when you fly with Iceland Air. [msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Hi,

I flew with Icelandair this yaer to Florida. The complimentary trip to the Blue Lagoon was great as long as you got the ticket while you checked in at Glasgow if not you needed to pay.

Regarding the flights - they were ok but the aircrafts was very small, its like a flight from EDI/GLA to London. last year I flew with Virgin and that was sooo much better.

Lesley

Katys Grandad
21-08-2005, 23:05
American Airlines fly from Glasgow to Chicago. Good connections from there to all the usual Florida destinations.

ali and boyz
28-08-2005, 18:39
We flew direct from Glasgow to Sanford via MY Travel. There is quite a few airlines fly direct but all to Sanford if it is direct.