PDA

View Full Version : southern dunes advice

gerry67
31-07-2005, 21:55
I am going next year to this area can anyone give me some advice on what it is like and what the golf course is like

dcnurse
31-07-2005, 22:31
We have owned a home on Southern Dunes since Jan 99 and although we were a little unsure about the location back then we are now really pleased we chose this area.

The area has really developed over the past couple of years and has plenty of amenities available for you to enjoy a wonderful holiday.

The golf Club is fantastic, although my husband has complained about the number of bunkers on the course! Reckons he has been in all of them!

The beauty of Southern Dunes is that you are far enough away from all the hussle & bussle of the 192 area, but within easy driving distance to enjoy all that the area has to offer.

Both East & West coasts are approx. 1 hours drive.

Hope you have a fantastic time! I know you will, and will look forward to your next visit[clap]

chris c
31-07-2005, 23:08
Southern Dunes is a lovely community with the homes set around the golf course.

The clubhouse is beautiful and has a restaurant and bar. The meals are excellent although sadly they do not do evening meals at the moment. They do breakfast/lunch every day, unless there is a function on! The Sunday morning breakfast buffet is great and you really shouldn't miss it.

The course itself is quite challenging and as Denise says there are lots of bunkers!! Not too many water hazards though!

One of the great things is the nearness to shops. There is a 24 hour WalMart superstore just outside the community gates, as well as Winn Dixie, a bank, pharmacies and other shops (including Radio Shack) in the parade opposite.

There are some good restaurants just 5 minutes drive away including Fish Tails and Manny's Chophouse - highly recommended! There is also a sports bar/restaurant, again in the block opposite the community.

gerry67
31-07-2005, 23:25
thanks for all the good advice it sounds excellent i was hoping to go to the gulf coast for a few days while on holiday do you know hwo far away is is and is it down interstate 4

chris c
01-08-2005, 00:27
The Gulf coast is about an hour away from Southern Dunes.

Just head towards Tampa on I4. Don't forget that Busch Gardens is at Tampa and is well worth a visit.

Lesley and John
01-08-2005, 12:09
Gerrarde
Take a look at this article I submitted on Southern Dunes. It has info on the community and golf course. http://www.villasflorida.com/vacation_guide/southern_dunes.aspx

John