PDA

View Full Version : SAT NAV

twistpile
31-07-2005, 02:16
Anyone know if you can hire a car with Sat Nav?

If so how much extra is it?

TonyBlenk
31-07-2005, 02:31
Hello.
Were you aware you can order a SatNav system through OV?
Try this link http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/sat-nav.aspx for information.
Tony.

florida4sun
31-07-2005, 02:35
As Tony mentioned above we offer a very good sat nav system for rental. It comes pre loaded with your accommodation address and all the popular tourist locations.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by twistpile
Anyone know if you can hire a car with Sat Nav?

If so how much extra is it?
[/quote]

twistpile
31-07-2005, 03:14
I wasn't aware you hired Sat Nav, I am new to the forum and had not discovered that. I looked at the info but I don't think you would be able to get one to us in time? We leave on Wednesday 3rd Aug. Shame that, I've only just thought about having one.

I will definitely remember that for next time though, thanks

Mike.

LiesaAnna
31-07-2005, 03:29
i only saw this yesterday as well , such a fab idea!!! dont think we need it this time but couldve done with it last time!!! (did 1,900 miles mostly lost)[msnwink]

solanasunshine
10-08-2005, 21:59
We've just returned a Sat Nav that we hired from here and found it invaluable to us - no stress at all with the driving or my navigating from a map as I must be the worlds worst map reader.

We would highly recommend anyone to hire one from this site.[clap][clap][clap]

Gill

markm
11-08-2005, 16:36
I am keen to avoid the inevitable raised voices and long silences during navigation disputes and having used sat nav in the US before I am keen to repeat it with the offer mentioned US Car Hire. Just a couple of questions though.

Are you charged from when it arrives at your house or for your holiday duration? (live in Ireland)
How soon before your departure does it arrive? I'm worried I would have left before it gets here.
Any problem with US customs?
Also my Villa allocation is two weeks prior to my departure is this time enough to enter before sending?

Thanks for anyone can help me.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by solanasunshine
We've just returned a Sat Nav that we hired from here and found it invaluable to us - no stress at all with the driving or my navigating from a map as I must be the worlds worst map reader.

Gill
[/quote]

florida4sun
11-08-2005, 19:10
Hi,
we send the unit by overnight delivery 48 hours before you depart. So if you leave on a saturday, you will recive the unit on the thurs or friday.
The unit must reach us within 48 hours of your return (we provid a prepaid envelope).
No problem with customs.
Two weeks is plenty of notice for us to program your unit.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by markm
I am keen to avoid the inevitable raised voices and long silences during navigation disputes and having used sat nav in the US before I am keen to repeat it with the offer mentioned US Car Hire. Just a couple of questions though.

Are you charged from when it arrives at your house or for your holiday duration? (live in Ireland)
How soon before your departure does it arrive? I'm worried I would have left before it gets here.
Any problem with US customs?
Also my Villa allocation is two weeks prior to my departure is this time enough to enter before sending?

Thanks for anyone can help me.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by solanasunshine

Gill
[/quote]
[/quote]

thumpertwinkle
14-08-2005, 02:15
we have ordered one, Dianne who owns the villa we are renting advised me about the site hiring them as she knew i was worried about driving over there.

10 weeks today! yipee!

never been before.

i will let you know how i find it.

markm
15-08-2005, 16:17
0 years, 1 months, 6 days, 11 hours, 44 minutes, 44 seconds

I Will let you know how it went. Should be a breeze.(fingers crossed)

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by thumpertwinkle
we have ordered one, Dianne who owns the villa we are renting advised me about the site hiring them as she knew i was worried about driving over there.

10 weeks today! yipee!

never been before.

i will let you know how i find it.
[/quote]

chrissb
20-08-2005, 20:38
We are spending this holiday in California, an area we don't know at all and have hireed sat nav from this site. It has been fantastic!!! Very easy to programme and it is impossible to get lost using it. Even when we have gone wrong it found us a new route. Clear instructions and a good display makes finding anywhere you want to go very simple. Would not be without it in an area we don't know.

florida4sun
20-08-2005, 20:46
I am currently touring France with my family and the Sat Nav from this site has been brilliant (we have a limited number available with European maps).
Yesterday I took of into the mountains with my son and we would have been hopelessly lost without the satnav. Once we agreeed that we were either somewhere we should not be or it would be foolish to carry on, we simply pressed 'home' and it would get us out of trouble. Great stuff!!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrissb
We are spending this holiday in California, an area we don't know at all and have hireed sat nav from this site. It has been fantastic!!! Very easy to programme and it is impossible to get lost using it. Even when we have gone wrong it found us a new route. Clear instructions and a good display makes finding anywhere you want to go very simple. Would not be without it in an area we don't know.
[/quote]

kitty
18-09-2005, 16:44
Im sorry to sound thick now but when it sais enter the zip code on sat nav is the zip code the last 5 numbers after the address[?]

blott
18-09-2005, 17:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kitty
Im sorry to sound thick now but when it sais enter the zip code on sat nav is the zip code the last 5 numbers after the address[?][/quote]Yes, it's similar to our post code in use.

kitty
18-09-2005, 20:14
Thanks so we can start looking for zip codes where we want to go as we have ordered a sat nav from this site,we have never used one before are they easy to figure out,i cannot have another year of argueing about directions and getting lost like we did last year[msneek]

Disneybubs
18-09-2005, 20:19
Kitty

Don,t rely on the zip codes as they are a lot less accurate and cover whole areas in the US.It is very easy to just enter the address or place you want to go to though.

blott
18-09-2005, 21:17
Thanks so we can start looking for zip codes where we want to go as we have ordered a sat nav from this site,we have never used one before are they easy to figure out,i cannot have another year of argueing about directions and getting lost like we did last year[msneek][/quote]If you've ordered one through OV then it will arrive already prepared with the address you're staying at and all the attractions you're likely to want to visit so hopefully you shouldn't need to do too much at all.

LiesaAnna
18-09-2005, 21:28
so clever, and so useful!! another genius idea!!

kitty
19-09-2005, 02:05
Hi yes weve ordered one from here,as you said a lot of the attraction places have been registered onto it,we were thinking of going to clearwater for the day so would be unsure of any address to put into it,if we just put clearwater would it come up with the details[?]

blott
19-09-2005, 02:41
In that case, try Mandalay Avenue, Clearwater, FL 33767

florida4sun
19-09-2005, 03:41
It will take you anywhere you tell it too. If you put in Clesarwater it will take you to the center of Clearwater.

Hi yes weve ordered one from here,as you said a lot of the attraction places have been registered onto it,we were thinking of going to clearwater for the day so would be unsure of any address to put into it,if we just put clearwater would it come up with the details[?]
[/quote]

kitty
20-09-2005, 14:08
Thats all right then no getting lost for us next year-hopefully[msnsmile2]

hamish
29-10-2005, 21:11
Sorry to be pedantic, but on the confirmation e-mail we received, we were told the unit would be with us "within" 24 hours of our departure date and must have proof of posting, within 24 hours of your stated return date,? has it changed, or is it just me being overly cautious.
Also i presume there are no problems carrying the unit in your hand luggage.
Many thanks,
Clive+June[quote]Originally posted by florida4sun
Hi,
we send the unit by overnight delivery 48 hours before you depart. So if you leave on a saturday, you will recive the unit on the thurs or friday.
The unit must reach us within 48 hours of your return (we provid a prepaid envelope).
No problem with customs.

florida4sun
29-10-2005, 21:23
Hi,
there has been no change,all of the info you posted is correct, we send the unit out 48 hours before you depart, so you will recive it 24 hours before you depart. Likewaise with returning, you atek the unit to a post office within 24 hours of your return (sundays, bank holidays accepted) , so in turn we recieve within 48 hours of your return. There are no probelms cacrying the unit.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by hamish
Sorry to be pedantic, but on the confirmation e-mail we received, we were told the unit would be with us "within" 24 hours of our departure date and must have proof of posting, within 24 hours of your stated return date,? has it changed, or is it just me being overly cautious.
Also i presume there are no problems carrying the unit in your hand luggage.
Many thanks,
Clive+June
Originally posted by florida4sun
Hi,
No problem with customs.

hamish
30-10-2005, 01:11
Many thanks for clearing up my mis-understanding, i see what you mean now.
Cheers,
Clive.

Peter1474
22-01-2006, 21:24
Exelonty, we were just having the usual discussion of how many times will we fall out when I get lost driving in the US, am going to hire one of these, will need to find something else to fall out about:D Hopefully not.

Peter

chris c
06-02-2006, 14:41
This is part of an email I have just received from a recent guest who rented Tom Tom through this site:

"Also we rented a Tom Tom sat-nav, again through your web site. This proved a real success -- both locally and also when we went on to Key West and the Everglades. Tom Tom took all the hassle out of finding our way and made navigating through even the most complicated road junctions and town centres completely stress free."

Apparently he is now doing some research on getting the same system for the U.K.