PDA

View Full Version : Help please

Suzy
28-07-2005, 18:44
We have been going to Florida for the past 14 years with family, we are going to be 'empty nesters' later this year so my husband and I are going alone!!!!!

Our problem is that, we much prefer to rent a villa or condo, as we are only staying in Orlando for 4 nights prior to going to Sarasota, we are having trouble in booking a condo for this period.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what we should do or just give up and book a hotel?

Sue

feathersonline
28-07-2005, 18:52
Hi Sue

Have you done an enquiry though all three sites listed above??? Someone on them must have availability...

Suzy
28-07-2005, 18:59
Yes I did that, and I must admit I expected at least one or two replies but didn't get any, I can only imagine that everyone is hedging their bets and waiting for a full weeks rental.

Sue

dolphinv
28-07-2005, 19:08
We have a minimum of 4 night rental and always quote for it, i am in sales full time and we always say 1/2 a cake is better than no cake at all[msntongue]

rosie
28-07-2005, 19:08
Hi Sue,

one thought, are you sure you put the right email address on the enquiry? we get quite a few enquiries that we can do, only to have them bounce back because the email address is wrong. Just a thought [?]

christhear
28-07-2005, 19:09
Sue

I know that I allow renters for short lets and do not remeber seeing a request from you recently, if possible try again. Make sure you enquire on all 3 sites that Orlando villas, florida Villas and Orlando Vacation Homes from the list above.

50sumtng
28-07-2005, 19:11
Are you sure that you enquired on all 3 sites.
I cannot recall the enquiry, unless it was very specific.
Did you enqire ALL suitable properties.
I am sure that many owners (myself included) do not only accept full weeks

heathercobbett
28-07-2005, 19:12
Sue, first check that you put your correct email address (incorrect email addresses are almost a daily occurence)
Secondly,I would try a search for a 3 bed house on all 3 sites.We stayed in a 3 bed last year (Dennis and myself) and it worked out cheaper (and infinitely nicer) than a hotel when you took everything into consideration

Maybe if you left it until nearer the time,owners may be happier to let you have a part week.

ctgirlscout
28-07-2005, 20:01
If "later this year" means Christmas or Thanksgiving, then likely you won't get any offers until much closer to the time. I know I get lots of inquiries for just three or four days for holiday periods, but I won't book them until last minute.

feathersonline
28-07-2005, 20:18
Sue
We can't see that we've had an enquiry from you either...

Ray&Sarah
28-07-2005, 20:47
Try doing the enquiry again Sue, can't believe that no one quoted you, maybe like the others have said the e-mail address was not quite right.[msnsmile2]

Lynnes
28-07-2005, 21:06
Must admit I haven't seen one from you either, so it might be best to enquire again.

Suzy
28-07-2005, 21:15
Thanks for all your replies, I will do another request, I am looking for 1 - 4 Sept. 05. Would you anticipate any problems.

Sue

Ray&Sarah
28-07-2005, 21:30
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Suzy
Thanks for all your replies, I will do another request, I am looking for 1 - 4 Sept. 05. Would you anticipate any problems.

Sue
[/quote]

I would have thought that you would get some replies for those dates Sue, try again and see. Can't believe that everyone is booked up.[msnsmile2]

feathersonline
28-07-2005, 21:55

Sue
[/quote]

We await your enquiry...

Jo
29-07-2005, 01:20
I'm ready and waiting too - we need the enquiry before we can help you. I'm sure you'll have lots to choose from. Make sure you do all 3 sites thrn have fun choosing.

Lots of couples rent villas just for themselves. I'd love to go on our own and leave the children behind.[}:)]

alanandjude
29-07-2005, 02:57
I wouldn't panic.

Owners might be reluctant to take a short booking at this stage, but closer to the time there will be a lot who will have gaps which your days will slot into.

Most owners would probably charge you an extra cleaning fee for such a short stay though.

Good luck

ctgirlscout
29-07-2005, 06:10
Sept. 1-4 is Labor Day weekend, the last weekend of summer for most of the US. You might be able to find something at this point, as it is only a month away.

allyjack
29-07-2005, 16:10
HI
I am waiting too for an enquiry- try 4 beds as well even though they might be too big you will probably get for the proce of a hotel room

Alison

Suzy
29-07-2005, 19:01
Thanks for all your replies, your right it's great fun looking at all your lovely villas I'm sure that we'll get fixed up now. Can't wait till 1 Sept.

Sue

Ray&Sarah
29-07-2005, 20:27
Thanks for all your replies, your right it's great fun looking at all your lovely villas I'm sure that we'll get fixed up now. Can't wait till 1 Sept.

Sue
[/quote]

Have fun chosing Sue.[msnsmile2]

qunlu
06-08-2005, 00:58
Have fun Sue.