PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Travel Ventilation Experts

Amirah
28-04-2003, 22:27
This may be a dumb/silly/stupid and certainly off the topic question I'm about to ask, but I am having trouble finding this one.[V]

WHERE CAN I GO TO BUY HANDHELD FANS? I was able to find a very good shoulder strapped water bottle holder from a seller on Ebay, but Handhelds are a curse to locate.[}:)]

I downloaded a trip planner for the WDW parks and many of the writers recommend handheld fans and at my age it's not such a bad idea. I live in NJ and I've been to Walmart, Kmart, The Sports Authority, Modell's and I even went as far to NYC Manhattan's China Town (I just knew I could get it there, boy was I wrong LOL). Any suggestions will be helpful. And I also searched online and got nothing back.

Thanks,
Amirah

Andy & Arlene
28-04-2003, 22:42
I saw them in Walmart last time I was over. Maybe your local stores don't have them as it's not so hot compared to Florida.

It might be an idea to wait until you get to Orlando, and I'm sure you will be able to locate one in the stores there.

gilly
28-04-2003, 22:45
my son bought a water bottle that had a fan attatched so when the fan was on you could spray a fine mist of water to cool yourself down. Worked a treat, i'm sure he bought it inside one of the parks, he said all the parks sell them. x

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
28-04-2003, 22:57
There was lots of them in Wal-Mart a few weeks ago. You can also buy them at any of the Disney parks for twice the price :(.

Cowboy
28-04-2003, 22:58
Hi Amirah,
They had the ones gilly is mentioning in Walgreens at the US27/CR54 last time we were over.

Mike.

Amirah
28-04-2003, 23:15
OK so the key is to wait until I get to Orlando. Anybody catch the prices on one of the fans? The Walmart and the Walgreens here don't have them because, like Arlene said, it just doesn't get as hot here in NJ. Thanks for all your help. :D

steph_goodrum
28-04-2003, 23:22
Amirah
they were about $3.99 last time we bought one in Walmart. It's worth getting the one with the water bottle as it's surprising the difference it makes. The fans detach from the top if you just want to slip that in your bag any time. Disney price is closer to $10 so unless one of the children particularly want one as a souvenir it's worth getting before you go to the park.

Amirah
28-04-2003, 23:38
THANK YOU!!!! I'll pick it up at a Walmart in Orlando...where is it?? LOL I'm just now finding out how to get to my resort. My resort is by a 7-11 on Rt. 192 down by Rt 27 I believe (that's what they tell me anyway).

steph_goodrum
29-04-2003, 01:20
Whcih resort is it Amirah and we can tell you probably where it is and where the closest Walmart is (don't worry Publix also do them and there are more of them around)?

Amirah
29-04-2003, 10:19
We are staying at the Liki Tiki Village in Winter Garden/Kissimmee. Hope that helps.

pbensur
30-04-2003, 00:29
Amirah,
I just came home from a trip to the drug store and first thing I saw was one of those fans you are looking for!! I don't know if you have Rite Aid in New Jersey, but that's where I saw them. Might save you a stop when you get to Orlando!!

Amirah
30-04-2003, 20:40
We do have Rite Aid here (thanks Patty) and I didn't think to check there so I'll do so and let you know. If they don't have it then I'll just wait until I get to FL. Thank you all.