PDA

View Full Version : Convertible -v- Dodge Neon

bridget
27-07-2005, 17:28
I'm off to Florida next May with my boyfiend who has never been... He wants to hire a convertible but I have my doubts... I usually end up with a Dodge Neon - which is fine by me. But he thinks it's going to be great cruising around with the top down but I think it'll be too hot. Can someone please give me their opinions on this. Thank you muchly. [msnwink]

pieman790
27-07-2005, 17:48
We were in florida in May this year and it was well into the 80 and sometimes 90f through the day. I have to say most people didnt have the roof down during the daytime however we saw more people during the evening time with the roofs downs Must say in the second week it rained almost constantly for 3-4 days so they didnt get much choice.
We have hired a convertable for 2 days at christmas to go to the beach as my 6 year has been going on for some time he wants to ride in what he calls "an open top car". Just hope it doesnt rain.

feathersonline
27-07-2005, 21:05
We always go for a convertible, as you spend so much time in the car you might as well make the most of the sunshine whilst your driving...:)

george
27-07-2005, 21:49
We had a convertible last September and loved it - we will definately be getting another one this September !

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
27-07-2005, 21:56
If we did not have children and did not own villas (and hence need a larger car to ferry things for the villa in) we'd have a convertible too. We had one for a whirlwind 3 night trip last year and loved it.

chrisflowers
27-07-2005, 23:13
I used a convertable for our 2 week break in June. Despite the rain, whenever possible, we had the roof down and enjoyed the sunshine. Great fun.

KJH
28-07-2005, 01:38
When wqe pop over without the children, we have had a Sebring. Not a lot of power but good fun. We got the best sun tans in the shortest time.

Not a lot of luggage space though, even using the back seat. That might be why the other half suggested it. (Stop me shopping...NOT)

Kaz

Cruella DeVilla
28-07-2005, 11:05
We just hired a convertible PT Cruiser last month and that was really really fun!. We just bought a higher factor sun lotion and off we went. Highly recommended!

Rocco
05-08-2005, 08:18
I used to hire a large four door family car when I came on our holidays here. It fitted the luggage in nice and the two kids. One year I hired a mustang convertible, it was brand new and only had 200 miles on the clock, I fell in love with it, then realized that we couldn't fit any luggage in the boot and had to hire a taxi from MCO to accompany us back to kissimmee. It was too hot to have the roof down during the day and the only benefits were the evenings. I hated Mustangs after that.

I then came here last year, moved here and now am married to my new husband....what does he have? A mustang convertible [msnmad][msnmad][msnmad]

flyrr100
11-08-2005, 20:44
Hey, I have a Mustang convertible!
Bridget.
If your boyfriend wants a convertible, try the new Mustang. The rental companies don't offer the V8, but the new V6 has around 220 hp! And in a car without a roof, thats alot of power!

kezza5222
16-01-2006, 18:52
my partner wanted to hire a mustang, one of our fiends here in england brought one that had been imported and found he couldnt afford it as it was mising a set of the rear lights that we have to have in england, it might have been fog lights or reversing lights, i cant remember but he sold it on and bought a mondeo.... a little different dont you think!

chrizzy100
16-01-2006, 18:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by bridget
I'm off to Florida next May with my boyfiend who has never been... He wants to hire a convertible but I have my doubts... I usually end up with a Dodge Neon - which is fine by me. But he thinks it's going to be great cruising around with the top down but I think it'll be too hot. Can someone please give me their opinions on this. Thank you muchly. [msnwink]
[/quote]

I always thought that....but we get a convertible now....apart from high summer...we love them so much...we are now buying one when we move to Fl....

chrizzy100
16-01-2006, 18:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by KJH
When wqe pop over without the children, we have had a Sebring. Not a lot of power but good fun. We got the best sun tans in the shortest time.

Not a lot of luggage space though, even using the back seat. That might be why the other half suggested it. (Stop me shopping...NOT)

Kaz
[/quote]

We got 4 growns ups.........and four suitcases a few carry ons and a lap top bag in a Sebring last time....I'll have to post the pictures....[msnwink]

Macka
16-01-2006, 19:01
I dream of having a convertible Chevvy Corvette. Red of course.

I nearly bought one last year and I've regretted not doing it ever since.[msnsad]

chrizzy100
16-01-2006, 19:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Macka
I dream of having a convertible Chevvy Corvette. Red of course.

I nearly bought one last year and I've regretted not doing it ever since.[msnsad]

[/quote]

We nearly got a Delorean a few years back...now I have my eye on a soft top white Rolls....but all my money is going into moving...[msncry]

pieman790
16-01-2006, 19:57
We have recently returned from Florida and had a convertable for two days in the middle of our stay.
Must say there is not much room in the back. Luckly we have two young children so space wasnt a problem for them but for 4 adults then you may struggle. As for the boot you would be hard pushed to get anything more than two small cases in it.
We had a great time in Daytona and managed to drive along the beach in it.

wrpac00
16-01-2006, 21:32
We have had one the past two years but there again there has only been the two of us. You do get a bit windswept in the back as the wife found out when we bought an artificial tree at Michaels on the 50 and she had to hold the page on top of it for some 20 miles. I wish I had taken a picture when we had got home[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

nicseg
27-01-2006, 18:57
Convertables are great fun but remember It is really easy to get sunburnt in one which I learned to my cost in England one July, as mentioned earlier – slap on that lotion.[msncool]

Susan J
28-01-2006, 00:58
We always used to hir a mustang or a sebring, and everywhere we went we would arrive with faces like lobster, and I had hair in my eyes [:O]
We loved them - then my son started moaning about the noise and wind sat in the back, and we got a puncture - they loaned us a lincoln nav whilst puncture done - and that was it, air con and luxury, but not as good a tan.:D