PDA

View Full Version : Driving times from Villas

tartangirl
25-07-2005, 22:53
Hi (and help),

I'm new to this forum and have been looking for a villa close to both Universal and Disney. I have ruled out US27 as I reckon it is too far from Universal and have been recommended the Poinciana area.

Poinciana Blvd seems a good location but I am getting similar drive times from owners of villas that seem awfully far away from each other.

There are some gorgeous villas on Crescent Lakes but that community seems a long way from Universal.

Is there any way I can get realistic drive times from areas such as Crescent Lakes, Cumbrian Lakes, Indian Point and the other communities along the 192 (such as Windward Cay or Country Creek).

It would also be good to know if certain areas were more likely to get traffic congestion than others as I have heard that area of the 192 can get really busy.

If anyone can let me know other areas that are equally close (e.g. Formosa Gardens communities) then that would also be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation

millie
25-07-2005, 23:21
We stayed in Sunset lakes this year and it was amazingly close to the attractions. A little short cut that by-passed the 192 altogether took us from door to Magic Kingdom gate in 9 minutes - sometimes 10 depending on the lights!!!!!!!!!!!;)

It was very handy and the few nights there was an accident on the 192 stopping it alotgether - we had no probs!

daxon
25-07-2005, 23:23
Hi Tartangirl
Welcome to the forums!
I think the reason you will get different opinions on which is the best area is because each has its own advantage! We bought on the 27 becuase we fell in love with the resort itself & even though it may take us 30 mins to get to Universal this is really no time in the course of a day. Everyone chooses their own villa for their own individual reasons.
I think you will also find different owners quoting different driving times because of course it depends on which way you go and the time of day.
Definately the best way forward is to put a general enquiry on each of the three sites above (Orlando Villas, Florida Villas and Orlando Vacation Homes) specifying what are your 'must haves' in a villa, then sit back and look at all the lovely properties you are offered. If one really takes your eye you may find that travelling another 10 minutes or so really isnt as important as you thought!
Happy hunting!!

berni_richards
25-07-2005, 23:41
hello we have a villa on emerald island next to sunset lakes. In traffic we did disney in 7 minutes door to door, there is a short cut that avoids the 192. It is brilliant.

Berni

ctgirlscout
26-07-2005, 00:15
We are at Lake Berkley, between Poinciana and 192. We can do Disney in 10 minutes, Universal and SeaWorld in 15-20. You will find that most villas are within 20 minutes to Disney and it will depend on which roads you travel, and also what time of day you travel. As was recommended by Dawn, look for the villa you want, and don't worry too much about the community or driving distance.

Ian Dee
26-07-2005, 00:27
wheres this short cut then?
I have heard there are some to Disney but never found them[msnembarrased]

26-07-2005, 01:11
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ian Dee
wheres this short cut then?
I have heard there are some to Disney but never found them[msnembarrased]
[/quote]

Funie Steed Road I think is the 192 cut through from Sunset Lakes, Lindfields, Emerald and Formosa[msnwink]

Ian Dee
26-07-2005, 01:20
looked at Google maps and Funie Steed Rd is Sout of 192 (why is it shown as 530)

blott
26-07-2005, 03:30
There are lots of different short cuts from all sorts of community locations which, if you book with a private owner, they'll let you into their secrets.

Crescent Lakes is around 20 or so mins from Universal Studios.

alanandjude
26-07-2005, 03:54
Hi,

Most villas that are on roads just off the 192 and the top end of H27 are probably only a few minutes different in drive time.

As Blott says there are lots of short cuts once you know the less well used roads. We've found most of them from deliberately exploring (a.k.a. getting lost a lot).

Most areas have great access to Disney and to the I4, and once you're on the I4 it's only a matter of minutes to Seaworld, Universal etc.

We chose our location at Cumbrian Lakes for the great access to the local atractions on the 192, such as Old Town, which we love, and for the great choice for dining.

Alan

bellaepovera
26-07-2005, 06:35
If you are renting a villa off the Poinciana our short cut to Disney is the Oceola Parkway. To Universal you can take a nice drive down the I drive or take the I4 to get there. Id say the max time is 20-30 min depending on which community you are staying off of the Poinciana Blvd.

IanandSarah
27-07-2005, 03:29
I think the choice of drive home is the important one!! When the old legs are a bit tired, but even so, ten minutes here or there will soon vanish from the memory when you think how much fun you have had.

shenon
27-07-2005, 11:14
If you look at individual villas then a lot of them will tell you the drive time to the resorts....maybe some might be 10 minutes more to one park but closer to another...there's not alot in it really...i would narrow down your choice of villas first then look at the drive times:)