PDA

View Full Version : Disney fastpass unlimited?

dolphinv
25-07-2005, 20:01
A guest that has stayed in our home in the last few weeks advised me to get an unlimited Disney fastpass. I didn't know there was such an option, can anyone advise or is it just the normal fastpass you get at machines around the parks. I know universal have an option to upgrade to a fastpass type card which you can use once on each ride!

becbecs
25-07-2005, 20:27
I have had a friend recently come back from Florida also and apparently he purchased a fast pass for approx $90 which aloud his party to walk straight up to the front of the queue any time of the day and they didn't have to be alloted a fast pass time from one of the fast pass machines.

To tell you the honest truth I didn't have a clue what he was talking about. Is this the same thing as dolphinv is talking about and does anyone know anymore about these fast passes [?]

millie
25-07-2005, 21:19
A s far as I was aware you could only do this at Universal. Disney don't have a fastpass ticket. Maybe something will correct me on that but I have never heard of it and it was not on offer when i was there in June.

dolphinv
25-07-2005, 21:37
Our guest was there in the last 3 weeks and def. said Disney had it!

steph_goodrum
25-07-2005, 22:31
I suspect as we have said for some time Disney will have been watching the success of Universals express pass system and as they can see that people are willing to pay for the privilege have decided to implement something similar themselves.

Personally I think they are a bit of a cheek in that they should allow more guests in the park than can comfortably get on the rides without excess queuing times, but as we all know where there's a dollar to be made it will be charged.

becbecs
25-07-2005, 23:14
I'm going to clarify with my friend tonight as I would like to get to the bottom of this topic, watch this space

dolphinv
26-07-2005, 15:47
I am still not getting anywhere on this, I have heard if you stay at a Disney hotel or are a member of AAA you can get the unlimited fastpass. From what my previous guest says, he bought his pass while there!!! BUT WHERE???:(

ctgirlscout
26-07-2005, 16:34
Not related to Disney, but the Six Flag parks throughout the US also have some kind of "fast pass" (called something else, which I can't remember). They were charging something like $20 per person for this perk. I think the parks are learning they can make money off this, but sooner or later it will backfire if more and more people go for this option as there will invariably be lines for the fast pass.

Ruth
26-07-2005, 16:46
We were there less than 2 weeks ago and I did not see anything about this at all. We will be back next week and will ask for information.

dolphinv
27-07-2005, 03:48
I will be there from Saturday, so I guess I can check it out too![msntongue]

CERICROWLEY
27-07-2005, 03:51
I was in the park yesterday, and never say any mention of this, and when we did use our tickets to get fastpasses, they only ones we could see the attendents collecting were all the same.

dolphinv
27-07-2005, 15:52
It does seem that you need to be a member of AAA or a park hotel guest pity was lookin forward to jumping q's :D

steph_goodrum
27-07-2005, 17:09
" does seem that you need to be a member of AAA or a park hotel guest pity was lookin forward to jumping q's "

Paul if you belong to AA then you can get a AAA save and go card from them which gives you the same benefits as other members.

athurstance
27-07-2005, 17:17
I have been quizzing some Disney Resort experts about this and if it existed they would know about it and they say it doesn't.

There was an 'unlimited fastpass' trialed at Disneyland in California for a while but it is not now available. Also some kids on the 'Make a Wish' program are given an unlimited fastpass if they need it but even on this program this is unusual.

Universal do sell a book of Express tickets called Express Plus which theoritically means you get Express access once to each ride although I have heard from people who bought it that not all ride CMs mark the card so it can often be used several times on the same ride. These tickets are available to anyone - you can buy them on the gate - whether staying on site or not.