PDA

View Full Version : How do I find two houses together?

Twiglet
24-07-2005, 11:43
I am still a couple of years off booking our houses, we are planning a big family reunion end of 2007, maybe early 2008, and as there are 16 of us we want to get two houses next to each other...or very close.

How do I find two houses near each other?

I would like to start sending links to family in UK so they can start planning and organising savings, etc. etc.

Thanks everyone! I did look at the search facilities and put in 16 people, but it lists just one very big house...

shenon
24-07-2005, 11:50
Hi Twiglet
you could try sending out an enquiry ,and in the box just state that you require two villas close together...and any other requirements you may have and you should get some positive replies:) good luck[lucky]

Twiglet
24-07-2005, 11:58
Sorry to be dumb....but where to I find the enquiry area?
Is that the property search area at the villa sites?

shenon
24-07-2005, 12:22
If you scroll to the top of the page you can then link to orlando villas, florida villas, orlando vacation homes

this will take you to where you want to go and from here you can then send out your enquiry and requirements.
good luck[lucky]

huckleberry house
24-07-2005, 13:22
Here you go Twiglet, this is the link to the sites associated with this forum, all the villas are verified and you can make a general enquiry listing your requirements.

www.orlandovillas.com
www.villasflorida.com
www.onlinefloridavillas.com

Lesley

Twiglet
24-07-2005, 16:32
Thank you so much!

daxon
24-07-2005, 16:57
The sooner you make your enquiry the better Twiglet as often multiple homes get booked up quickly.

Twiglet
25-07-2005, 04:15
I made my enquiry and got heaps of replies. I will have fun looking through them all, there are so many to choose from. I guess I really need to research the communities, and locations, and configuration of houses, etc.

Its going to be quite a project I think!

LiesaAnna
25-07-2005, 14:29
hope you enjoy it Theresa!!! have fun looking, hope you got lots of time!![msnwink]

Ian Dee
26-07-2005, 00:31
twiglet
I got your enquiry because it was a bit too vague, sorry!
as you say, its a research project.
with the time you have I would suggest you choose a community first, then find some specific villas, then do the enquiry.
Or better still find a few communities, eamil the UK connection and ask THEM which they prefer.

You could narrow down the requirment to include games room etc.

I should warn that some owners do not like the genre though!

alanandjude
26-07-2005, 03:59
Hi Twiglet

Most villa owners will help you find a second house on their location, so if you find a resort you love, and it's the right location for you, ask the owner to help.

I recently got involved in trying to arrange 3 villas for a wedding party. There's usually plenty of people willing to help.

Alan

berni_richards
26-07-2005, 11:26
yes I agree with alan and jude some of us owners are very helpful so choose a community, then a house and ask the owner to help you find another house on the same community though they are owners with more than 1 house on a community. Good luck with your search

CarolAnn
20-09-2005, 23:13
How are you doing Twiglet? Do you think it is going to take you all of 2006 to finish your research project:)

stabard
21-09-2005, 00:06
I ofton see enquires for two homes together. I have even had guests book mine along with others on our community so they can go together. It is a great way to travel with friends and still have your own bit of privacy.

Twiglet
01-10-2005, 02:58
Well Carol you could be right. Actually we are looking at maybe one really large home now! As there are only 8 adults and 6 cousins who would love to bunk down together!

CarolAnn
01-10-2005, 15:42
Sounds like a really good idea Twiglet:) As long as you are all happy to be together the majority of the time, it makes total sense !! Breakfast meetings to plan your day!! How wonderful!! :) Do consider more than 1 car though, it will give you a few more options if people do want to do seperate activities[msnwink]

ctgirlscout
01-10-2005, 16:50
If you have 16 or under in your party, it will probably be easier to find one large house rather two smaller houses close to each other. Carol made some good points, especially about the car!

Twiglet
01-10-2005, 17:27
Yes we talked about a car or a few cars, maybe 2 even 3 between us, as we will probably want to do different things. I can't even imagine what it will be like driving on the other side of the road, I will worry about that nearer the time. At least we are used to automatics here in Oz, and freeways and big wide roads!

daxon
01-10-2005, 17:30
For several years we travelled as an extended family of 12 people (varying ages, disabilities & preferences for getting up early/late etc!!) We definately decided that 2 houses close together was the answer but it took us years to perfect it! Sadly I had never heard of this site then & we booked through agents - even though we always specified that the properties must be very close, we always ended up with someone driving each night as it was just too far for tired children or elderly parents to walk home after a long & exciting day.
Now I know that if we had dealt with the villa owners themselves we would have got great and honest information on the homes and incidentally saved ourselves an absolute fortune in the process!! Still, our experiences have definately helped me in helping our guests plan their holidays so some good came of it afterall!!

ctgirlscout
01-10-2005, 18:38
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Twiglet
Yes we talked about a car or a few cars, maybe 2 even 3 between us, as we will probably want to do different things. I can't even imagine what it will be like driving on the other side of the road, I will worry about that nearer the time. At least we are used to automatics here in Oz, and freeways and big wide roads!
[/quote]

Even with just me and my husband, we frequently wish we could go in separate directions to get things done, but with only one car, we can't. But if you have 14-16 in your party, you will need two, maybe three vans to transport everyone and their luggage, anyway.

Twiglet
02-10-2005, 02:06
I guess I will need to post 'what car should I hire' at a later stage....vans sound good though...people mover type ones I am guessing?

daxon
02-10-2005, 13:23
Just be aware that some communities have restrictions on the size of vehicle that you can park. Again just ask your villa owner when you have chosen your villa - they will be able to give you advice on all types of car hire questions, attraction tickets, places to eat,etc and of course the forum is invaluable for this type of advice too!

domster
02-10-2005, 17:48
Twiglet.

When you do a search look at the community and it should list by address where everyone is. On Sandy Ridge we have lots of people who use this site who are next door to each other (same villas etc). I am sure there are many more communities that are the same.

When booking it is best to do it well in advance as they are less likely to be full.

Hope this helps

blott
02-10-2005, 19:04
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by domster
Twiglet.

When you do a search look at the community and it should list by address where everyone is. On Sandy Ridge we have lots of people who use this site who are next door to each other (same villas etc). I am sure there are many more communities that are the same.

When booking it is best to do it well in advance as they are less likely to be full.

Hope this helps[/quote]Dom, I'm sure this only works for owners? You can get up a list of homes on a particular community which are advertised but it doesn't give any addresses for security reasons.

domster
03-10-2005, 01:09
Sorry my mistake. Used to using it when I am logged on and it gives all the info.

neild292
25-11-2005, 02:56
Just send out an enquiry stating that you want 2 villas close together - you will get plenty of replies

J & O
05-12-2005, 13:27
[edited out - forum rules do not permit you to offer your villa on the forums like this]

Olga

Twiglet
08-01-2006, 03:35
Oooh I wonder what was offered me.... hahahha!

Haven't been on for a wee while, as have been waiting for my sisters in UK to get word from their employers about holiday leave! They work in businesses that are incredibly busy at peak times of the year.

The good news is that we all seem to be agreed on December 2008! One lot will probably go out for Xmas, and I will join them just after Xmas, as I am dying to have an English Xmas again, it will be 14 years since I last had an English Xmas!

So I guess I will have to do a search now for a couple of houses for Xmas 2008, or one BIG house for all of us. Looking forward to reading up on the posts I have been missing!

Happy New Year everyone!

Ray&Sarah
08-01-2006, 16:17
Great news Twiglet, I am sure that you will have loads to choose from as its not until 2008, have fun looking.[msnsmile2]

SDJ
12-01-2006, 18:27
Happy New Year to you Twiglet. We hope to visit Aussie at Xmas sometime soon!!

Sandra

Twiglet
15-01-2006, 14:15
Hi Sandra

An Aussie Xmas is prob like a Florida one, very hot and sunny, and more suited to a BBQ, but we still try and do the traditional dinner with with AirCon on!

kaysvacationvilla
15-01-2006, 17:03
Good Luck with your research and planning. We were in Florida for the 1st time over Christmas and New Years and it was wonderful.