PDA

View Full Version : Airgun Laws?

gilly
27-04-2003, 01:44
My better half would like to buy an air-rifle on our next visit to Florida, we would pay about £700 here compared to $120 there so he's really quite keen. What are the laws regarding this and how do we go about getting it from U.S to U.K. all legal and above board..anyone help[?]

florida4sun
27-04-2003, 03:06
You can buy an airgun over the counter.Howver I would be more worried aboiut getting back home. I doubt very much that you would get it on the plane. Maybe ship it. Fedex would be around $100 for overnight so your still saving lots.

quote:Originally posted by gilly

My better half would like to buy an air-rifle on our next visit to Florida, we would pay about £700 here compared to $120 there so he's really quite keen. What are the laws regarding this and how do we go about getting it from U.S to U.K. all legal and above board..anyone help[?]

florida4sun
27-04-2003, 03:08
Just a thought but UK airguns are limited by law. So you would be an illegal firearm back into the UK.

quote:Originally posted by gilly

gilly
27-04-2003, 04:11
We thought posting it to ourselves would be the best way, how can we find out what we would be allowed to use legally in U.K. here you do not need a license for an air rifle.

Carla
27-04-2003, 05:26
I thought that under the new laws in the UK, that the only way that you could legally own a rifle (unless farmer or such like) would be to join a Gun Club and you have to leave it at the gun club at all times.

steph_goodrum
27-04-2003, 12:03
I thought air rifle were still ok.
You should be able to bring it home on the plane if it is all documented and placed in your checked in baggage, it's not as though you will be able to get hold of it there for it to be a security risk. Maybe it would be worth joining a gun club before you go.
I would think posting it to yourself would potentially cause more problems at Customs than if you brought it back with you.
If you do a search on the net you could probably find out.
Incidentally if he's into shooting, when Mick was doing the clean at our villa the other time he sent my brother and friend off out for a couple of hours so he could get on and they went to a shooting range around the 192 (I'll check exact location). They both had a whale of a time, firing pistols and even a machine gun,my brother said he can see why the kids get fascinated by them they thoroughly enjoyed it.

gilly
27-04-2003, 12:29
That would be great Steph, hubby and son would love to go to a place like that. We live out in the country so shooting and fishing are very much a part of life, the farmers around us are ok with them using their land with the gun, they did get approval first from landowner. They dont need a license as these are only airguns that they are using,maybe if it were a bigger one they would then need to get a license and keep it at a gun club. :) Staying at Crescent Lakes soon and I believe they can fish freely there too?

steph_goodrum
27-04-2003, 19:30
They didn't go to the one on 192 apparently in the end but to a place called The Shooting Gallery on 2911 w 39th St Orlando (nrJohn Young Parkway) (Exit 32 (not sure of new no. off I4))
the phone no is 407 428 6225 but we couldn't find a website for them. They found details in one of the coupon books.
I'll see if I can find details of the other one as well.

Amirah
28-04-2003, 08:31
My husband was just talking about airguns to buy in Florida and shipping it to New Jersey via FedEx. The type he wants to get from Florida is illegal in New Jersey and that's only 1000miles away. I hope he changes his mind, but he says that their guns are the best.