PDA

View Full Version : No more of Festival of Lion King

Amirah
27-04-2003, 01:29
I heard that it is gone.

florida4sun
27-04-2003, 03:10
No I dont think so. You might thinking of the 'legend of the Lion King' in MGM (I think).

quote:Originally posted by Amirah

I heard that it is gone.

Ruth
27-04-2003, 03:11
It was certainly still on a couple of weeks ago as we watched it[8D]

esprit
27-04-2003, 04:04
It is the Legend of the Lion King which has shut noy the Festival. It was in Magic Kinddom and was a puppet show. It is being replaced by Mickeys Philharmagic, a new attraction.

Amirah
28-04-2003, 22:21
LOL Oh, I am confused. So, the festival is on but the MGM deal is gone? OK, now I got it!

Thank you

Daniel Ramsey
29-04-2003, 07:30
There are two or was two seperate shows, one which is very lavish with many colorful characters is at the Animal Kingdom, highly doubdful it will close anytime soon, people wait hours to get into it,its the highlite of shows on par with Tarzan Rocks, its a wonderful fast paced fun character song type of show especially for the children. Highly rated.

The other is in the Magic Kingdom near Fantasyland, its a sweet wonderful highly detailed puppet show, not a Punch and Judy show but a very technical fun show that our family liked only second to the Ariel's Grotto show at MGM, we will miss it but sometimes changes are good. And I did hear it was closing down, apparently a Winnie the Pooh show is supposed to be there I believe.

sjd
30-04-2003, 05:59
Oh. I loved the Lion King show at Magic Kingdom. It was so sweet. I am a Lion King fanatic.

The Animal Kingdom one is a main stay and highly attended. I am sure that is there for a long long while.

Did you know that in "The Land" at Epcot Center there is a Lion King movie on conservation. It is a nice place to sit for 15 minutes and cool off. It is an huge theater, and hardly ever has any one in it (when I have visited). The best part is the opening. It is a live action version of the theme of the movie. The sun rise, the animals peeking up. It is breath-taking. A little heavy on the 'be good to the earth' theme, but well-done.

If you have never seen it, give it a try.

Stacy
Mom to Nigel and Stewart.

p.s. Amirah - I do sort of tire from Disney, but just a little. I try to visit different attractions each time. I do visit Universal, Kennedy, Busch Gardens, to break it up a bit. But I never tire of Disney completely. I HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend the Disney Cruise. It is pricey, but off-season is manageable. It is worth every cent.

janny
09-06-2003, 13:25
The Lion King is set for an upgrade so will be closed August 24-Sept 19 2003.The new enclosed area willbe aircond and will have some of the lighting effects that the stage show has got.Should make a fantastic show even better.

Shroom
19-06-2003, 04:28
I have just returned from Florida and have had my first visit to Animal Kingdom
The LION KING spectacular was just that....spectacular!

Amirah
20-06-2003, 22:40
We didn't have a chance to do it...we were beat! The sun was beating down on us and our feet ached. Maybe next year.

orlandobabe
26-07-2003, 03:54
we got to see it twice this year.

I look forward to the updated one.

SunLover
28-07-2003, 07:15
Absolutely love this show.

We have friends who are in the West End production of The Lion King, and even they say it's great !

Don't miss it !!! :D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
21-02-2004, 02:26
We saw the Lion King show in January this year - it was great. it does get very busy so I would suggest you fast pass it if possible.

Sarah

Newhomebuyer
21-02-2004, 12:03
Unless they have changed very very recently I think you will find there is no fastpass for Festival of the Lion King:(

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
21-02-2004, 12:50
I've just checked and you are right - no FastPass. We did see a large group of people ushered into reserved seats at the last minute. Maybe VIP's of some kind?

chrisj
21-02-2004, 17:32
We caught the show, it was brilliant and were off to see the proper one in Lodnon Tuesday
evening :)

Mo Guest
28-08-2004, 15:56
Hi all,

We visited the Lion King Show in April 04 - our second visit to the show which is voted the Best Show of the Disney Theme Parks.

It is so vibrant, colourful and full of energy - it takes your breath away!! You could see it again and again and you will still be amazed by it - I'm a bit on the emotional side on a good day, but seeing it again made me cry. Pass the tissues!

Bye, Mo

plymouth-hunni
03-09-2004, 16:08
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Amirah
I heard that it is gone.
[/quote]:( i hope not i love the Lion King show!!

yorkshirerose
07-09-2004, 06:50
It was still there on Sunday the 22nd August 2004,and it was great, about the best thing in AK,apart from the thunderstorm around midafternoon not.