PDA

View Full Version : Air Atlanta

copshaw
22-07-2005, 15:48
Have been offered a good price with Air Atlanta, Manchester to Sanford late September, has anyone any opinions on them?

LiesaAnna
22-07-2005, 19:31
just had a thread on here before, many good reports and some not so good, just go and enjoy!!
we're going Air Atlanta late sept into sanford, dont expect to much then you wont be disappointed or on the other hand it could be better then what you expect of them!! thats what we're going to do!!
have a great time!!

KevinT
22-07-2005, 19:38
Gary,
Try this earlier thread for more info :

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_11881.asp

22-07-2005, 21:00
Google search 'air atlanta reviews'[msnwink]

Robert5988
22-07-2005, 21:15
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:just had a thread on here before, many good reports and some not so good,[/quote]

That recent thread seems to have been removed(Kevin's link is last year) - or at least I cannot find it.

22-07-2005, 21:24
Think it was getting too heated[msnwink]

I'm keeping quiet[msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
22-07-2005, 21:36
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Robert5988
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:just had a thread on here before, many good reports and some not so good,[/quote]

That recent thread seems to have been removed(Kevin's link is last year) - or at least I cannot find it.
[/quote]

it was getting so over heated, i asked john if he would stop it cos i had all the answers i needed and didnt need to see people getting cross about this!!

but he chose to delete so now we all get the idea some like Air Atlanta and some dont, like everything in life, we all have different opinions and we dont want to put people off:)

23-07-2005, 02:12
"You pays your money, you takes your choice"![msnwink]

LiesaAnna
25-07-2005, 17:21
where can i get info on baggage allowance for Air Atlanta? anyone help? please? food ?????????? whats it like? only basics please![msnwink]

KevinT
25-07-2005, 18:27
Liesa,

I couldn't find a dedicated Air Atlanta website as that's normally where you would find info on luggage allownce. On one or two other sites Air Atlanta allowance quoted as 30 Kg. Your travel agent or tour operator should be able to tell you, or it may be printed on tickets.

Food on the Air Atlanta 747 we were on was adequate. Not amazing , but OK. [msnsmile2]

Benny
06-09-2005, 00:12
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
"You pays your money, you takes your choice"![msnwink]
[/quote]

And they get you from A to B just like Virgin and BA.

LiesaAnna
06-09-2005, 00:34
have heard from them now, 20kgs per person, very helpful about prebooking bulkhead seats!! nice people so far nothing seems like its too much trouble!!
only thing is they wanted us to pay for either the buggy or the car seat per kilo, but i asked charter who we booked with and they said we can take both free, will take print outs of emails,
only 23 days to go!!!

DiannaUK
06-09-2005, 03:07
We flew out on Air Atlanta in July and it was great. Lots more space than you usually get on a charter plane. Some of us upgraded to even more leg room (exit rows) and there is no charge for this, get to check-in early and ask, you never know. 20kgs was the baggage allowance, which is the same as most charter services. Food was the same as on any other service, and the staff were very helpful. Only downside was that our plane didn't have seat back TVs, but this was OK, we could see the large screen very easily.

If I was to fly charter again, I would pick Air Atlanta. The only reason I would go scheduled in future is that as a villa owner, carrying over lots of goodies for our home, I like the bigger baggage allowance.

Dianna.

06-09-2005, 10:38
Dianna its good to hear a positive report about Air Atlanta as there are so many negative ones out there[msnwink]

LiesaAnna
06-09-2005, 11:27
yes good to hear a positive report!!

KevinT
06-09-2005, 13:36
Although still highly critical of our May trip with Excel, they used an Air Atlanta 747 on the outward journey , and although it was 4.5 hours delayed taking off from NCL (Air Atlanta crew said this was mainly due to Newcastle Airports inability to fuel a 747 efficiently !! [msneek]
Yeah! - Right) the plane itself was quite OK. It was obviously a "well used" plane but had leather seats with reasonable legroom and seat back screens and the staff were helpful and pleasant. I would have much preferred them to have used the same 747 on the way back, but
got the notorious, cramped, short haul equipped 767 - 300 instead. [msnscared][xx(]

DiannaUK
06-09-2005, 15:21
At the end of the day, you end up in a fantastic place - Orlando :) - the flight is such a small part of your dream holiday that even if you have a poor flight, it's a means to an end, and the enjoyment of my holiday makes up for everything else.

Dianna.

06-09-2005, 17:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by DiannaUK
At the end of the day, you end up in a fantastic place - Orlando :) - the flight is such a small part of your dream holiday that even if you have a poor flight, it's a means to an end, and the enjoyment of my holiday makes up for everything else.

Dianna.
[/quote]

The flight for us is a very big part of our holiday that we want to enjoy to the full, we are an aviation family and we choose our flights carefully and spend a lot of money on them too make sure they are right[msnwink]

It does not bother some people but for us its important[msnsmile]

LiesaAnna
06-09-2005, 17:56
Julie, you get to the same place as say me Julie, for instance, and i then have a lot more money in my purse to spend then you! cos you want a """"quality"""" flight!
we have seen and heard stories through the web, of people spending tidy sums and still not to the standard they would require for the money they have paid!!
i think between £300 to £500 is perfectly adequate to get to and fro florida!

you wanna spend more? then you have more money then sense!!!

06-09-2005, 18:16
Liesa my flights are just right for us and for the money I spend - they are wonderful and I love every minute[msnwink] I certainly would not have it any other way now, but we have worked very long and very very hard to be able to do so! As for having more money when you get there - don't go there LOL!!!

I spent 20+ years serving other people and working very hard and very long hours in economy, business, first and of course Concorde, I also got spoilt by BA when they sent me anywhere, it was mostly in first or business which was wonderful so Yes I do like to go scheduled and I do like to go business and I make no apologies for it either, its my choice how I spend my hard earned money[msnwink] Some like to smoke I don't, some like to drink I don't, some like to gamble I don't[msnwink] What ever your 'thing' is is your own personal choice and this is one of my 'things'! I have a few others too!

If you want to spend between £300 to £500 thats great, Im not saying you shouldn't, all I do is point out the pro's and con's of flying and at the end of the day its not me that owns any airline so I have nothing to gain by offering my advice or sharing my experience or knowledge - you learn that through your own experiences in life[msnwink]

I truly hope you have a wonderful flight just don't ask me to fly with them or even begin to try to convince me they are the same as Virgin or BA[msnwink] Hell would freeze over first!!

Happy Flying[msnwink]

LiesaAnna
06-09-2005, 18:30
maybe i am just jealous Julie, my poor hubby puts in all the hours he can and still there is never enough money to have more then the 1 holiday to florida every year or 18 months or so,
mechanics are not the best paid people in the world, i dont work cos of my health problems wont go there either!!
and as Dianna says above we end up in the same wonderful place ORLANDO,

lets just all enjoy Florida in whatever way we can such a lovely place and i am going to be there in 22 days did i mention that before?????????????
sorry Julie, didnt mean to come across rude!![msnwink]

06-09-2005, 18:42
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
maybe i am just jealous Julie, my poor hubby puts in all the hours he can and still there is never enough money to have more then the 1 holiday to florida every year or 18 months or so,
mechanics are not the best paid people in the world, i dont work cos of my health problems wont go there either!!
and as Dianna says above we end up in the same wonderful place ORLANDO,

lets just all enjoy Florida in whatever way we can such a lovely place and i am going to be there in 22 days did i mention that before?????????????
sorry Julie, didnt mean to come across rude!![msnwink]
[/quote]

Don't worry about it[grouphug] You have a lovely time - when did you say you are going??????????[msnwink]