PDA

View Full Version : Another water park question

Josie Jump
21-07-2005, 17:49
We're off to Orlando in October for our third visit. On previous visits we've never been to the water parks but this year we're taking our 3 year old and one of the things I have promised myself is that I'll take her to a water park. Now I'm a non-swimmer but she loves the water. Can you recommend which park would suit us best, I like water rides, but obviously don't wont to drown and I want to make sure my daughter has a good time but is also safe.

Any ideas ? Wet'n'Wild ? Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach or all of the above ! It's really important to me that we go as after my daughter was born my weight ballooned to over 17 stones [:O] and you'd never get me near a swim suit but I wanted to lose weight and one motivation was to take my daughter to a water park when we next visit Florida, well that time has come - I'm 5 1/2 stones :D lighter and have purchased myself a swim suit in preparation ! Now all we need to do is pick the right park :)

dcnurse
21-07-2005, 18:43
Firstly well done on losing so much weight! Let us know your secret.

We usually go to Wet'N'Wild, there are smaller attractions and rides for younger children (and non swimmers!).

If this is your first visit to a water park it is also avisable to see if you like it before spending a fortune on entrance tickets. Unless of course you have Disney tickets that include the water parks.

A day pass to Wet'N'Wild is about £20 but you can get a reduced price ticket if you want to go just for the afternoon.

Check out the Wet'N'Wild website for details of the rides and amenities.

Have fun!

dolphinv
21-07-2005, 19:29
i was a non-swimmer and now i am a nervous swimmer:) i wud say wet n' wild is the best for a non swimmer landing in inches of water rather than a few feet[xx(] I went to Blizzard beach and have to confess to nearly drowning in 3 foot of water coming off the bob sleigh ride[msnembarrased]... I wud'nt do anything for the rest of the day and became a spectator to fun!

solanasunshine
21-07-2005, 21:48
Well done for losing the weight!

We have found Typhoon Lagoon fine for non swimmers. I am not a strong swimmer and found that all the slides etc. really good. (Especially Castaway Creek where you just bob around the park on a big inflatable ring.)

Our son was 6 when we first went there and we borrowed a life vest free of charge for him from the reception "huts" so no worries about child safety. You can also hire lockers for your valuables etc.

Its also worth taking a waterproof disposable camera with you as we found plenty of photograph opportunities - the cameras they sell there are rather overpriced!

I'm sure you'll enjoy any park you go to though [msnsmile2]

Gill

becbecs
22-07-2005, 00:06
I would say Typhoon Lagoon would suit. Lots of area,s for young children to paddle, and very safe, I beleive you can hire saftey vest from the recp area also.

You should check out the individual websites for the water parks, will give you an excellent insight to what you can expect.

Josie Jump
22-07-2005, 01:24
Thanks for your replies, I'm going to check out the websites but nothing beats hearing other peoples opinions !

philgrove
22-07-2005, 01:58
Well done on the weight loss. I have taken young children and either BB or TL will be suitable. Lacey was 2 years when we there in May and really enjoyed herself William was 6 years. First time Lacey went to a water park in Florida she was only 8 months.
Have a great time. I have said this on another topic but PLEASE PLEASE remember your Sun block at the water parks you will need it try and get one which is waterproof and keep applying during the day.

If you can get a sunsuit for your little one this will help you. We had one in kids shop ADAMS this gives a sun factorof upto 50. I paid £10.99 for a lovely one and it was a God send.

Have fun with the rest of your planning[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]