PDA

View Full Version : Sun Tan Cream

imported_n/a
17-02-2002, 17:53
It goes without saying that Florida sun is very strong and you must be prepared to use plenty of Suntan cream. You will see a product called NO-AD, it is cheaper than the rest (ie they don't advertise so they can keep their prices down) We have used for 15 years and the factor 8, 15 and 25 are very good. We tend to keep 25 on the children the whole time and they still look very healthy at the end of the holiday.

You can buy this in most drugstores and supermarkets.

More recently, many companies are doing 'sprays' which are very handy for the kids to put on themselves. Highly recommended.

I would tell anyone going to Florida to take some suntan cream but buy most of it out there as it is far cheaper than the UK.

steph_goodrum
17-02-2002, 18:38
With children and babies don't forget to keep their feet covered or put plenty of sunscreen on their soles, as Jane mentioned on another thread sunburn on the soles of the feet is very painful and can lead to huge blisters forming on the soles and infection etc. Many times I've gone round parks and seen youngsters in the strollers with a sunshade over their head but their feet sticking out the bottom with the soles exposed. Tips of their ears is another many parents seem to forget about, the boys mostly have baseball caps leaving their ears unprotected.

steph

Theresa
17-02-2002, 22:35
When I had very short hair I got sunburnt on my ears and it is very painful so now I make sure I put plenty of cream on my son's ears even if he is wearing a baseball cap.

imported_n/a
18-09-2002, 00:51
More recently discovered "sun cream sticks" for the kid's faces - look like huge lipsticks - Banana Boat do all high factors at around $5.99 and they have been great as the kids put it on themselves too.

Good for adults too obviously - especially the ears as mentioned above!! In most drugstores and Publix definitely sell it.

esprit
18-09-2002, 02:20
Dont forget you can get burnt when you are in semi shade too. My husband came out from under s sun umbrella looking like a lobster!! And the glare of the sun on the water means that you can easily get sun burn whilst swimming in the pool. Wearing a tee shirt in the pool is not a bad idea. Stock up on after sun moisturiser which takes the sting out if you do get caught out.

Julie Carty

imported_n/a
18-09-2002, 02:57
And under the lanai too! Amount of guests who thought they didn't suntan cream under there, it's in our book now.