PDA

View Full Version : unpaid speeding tickets

blue nose
20-07-2005, 14:28
Hello all,i think we have a big problem, we are due to travel to Florida in 5 weeks,with my brother and his family. My brother has now informed me, that he has unpaid speeding tickets from 22 years ago in massachusetts,can anyone help us how to resolve this matter. A.S.A.P.thanks for any help.

blott
20-07-2005, 15:05
Here's the info. http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/niv/arrests_and_convictions.html

E. Cosgrove
21-07-2005, 01:24
We have a friend who has an unpaid speeding fine from Nevada a similar length of time ago. He was with the RAF and was down at Nellis airforce base.
He has been to the US and hired a car with no problems on many occasions.

adh619
21-07-2005, 01:55
????? doubt that would do anything re entry, you may how a lot of dosh if they ever catch up with you though - I would not worry

blott
21-07-2005, 04:04
I can only reiterate the info that the American Embassy gives on the above link and that there may be, in an extreme case, a warrant out for the arrest of someone with a motoring offence unpaid fine.

We need to encourage anyone to check the correct info out for themselves with the relevant authorities before they travel to the US. This will also stop them worrying, perhaps unnecessarily, about their visit.

flyrr100
02-08-2005, 02:42
22 years? I wouldn't worry about it.